: Ciao from Italia

HotRodSaint
03-09-06, 05:09 AM
I'm borrowing a colleagues laptop to say hello from Italy.

Sandy, I did speak WWII politics and I've got news to report to you.

Otherwise, no Cadillacs on the road. I did see a couple fo Voyagers and a Cherokee, and stupid little Daewoos badged as Chevy Mitiz.

Ciao for now.

Jonas McFeely
03-09-06, 05:57 AM
I want to go to Italy...

Jesda
03-09-06, 07:25 AM
Mom went there. She said they cant drive, and thats coming from an asian woman.

Adam
03-09-06, 10:53 AM
hey Jeff! didnt you have a job interview over there or something? if so how's it going?

tstach
03-09-06, 12:30 PM
Pictures??

HotRodSaint
03-11-06, 10:31 AM
hey Jeff! didnt you have a job interview over there or something? if so how's it going?

Nailed it!! :thumbsup:

So it looks like Italy will be part of my yearly travel schedule from now on.

Good thing too, because I only spent 3 days there and it was all business. So there was no time for pictures and no time for shopping!

I spent most of my time with a former employee of Pininfarina. Very knowledgeable about the automobile industry in Italy and a true auto enthusiast. He's a great guy too. I'm so glad he's the one I will be reporting too.

HotRodSaint
03-11-06, 10:37 AM
Mom went there. She said they cant drive, and thats coming from an asian woman.

Italians drive more aggressive than New York taxi drivers. :thumbsup:

This must have been very discomforting for an Asian woman who generally have a hard time merging out of a parking lot into slow traffic and go into full panic at the thought of exceeding 55 mph!! :eek:

What I like about European drivers is their following the rules of the road. Most of the time it didn't even take the first step of a left blinker to get the slower car to move right, as they did it automatically.

TomDeville
03-11-06, 11:29 PM
I am glad that you scored the position;
and, through fortuna duly expanded
your empire.

Safe journey home; and, I hope and
trust that you had some good meals
and wine during those rare times
when you were not working.

Regards,

TomDeville
:cool2:

HotRodSaint
03-12-06, 06:50 AM
I hope and
trust that you had some good meals
and wine during those rare times
when you were not working.

My colleague was a wine conniseur (sp?), and he was well versed in his local Italian wines. And other than Italian beer with my pizza, wine was served at every meal.

There is really nothing like Italian food in Italy. The Olive Garden wouldn't be much better than Dennys in Italy. I'm not even sure I can ever eat there again? :confused:

One tip, Italians do eat (thin crust) pizza but pepperoni is a 'little' pepper and not a type of salami/sausage meat. So much for comparing sausage and pepperoni pizzas to the American version.

That was the only time I deviated to American tastes, the rest of the time I was seeking their traditional regional flavors. I was not dissappointed.

Jesda
03-12-06, 07:01 AM
I remember the time I ordered a pizza at a non-O.G. Italian restaurant, and I received a cracker-thin breading with veggies, cheese, and strange sauces on it. It was very good, but it threw me for a loop.

CIWS
03-12-06, 08:14 AM
I've been to Italy several times. It's not that they can't drive, they all drive like Mario Andretti ! A honk of the horn and they're coming by you or blowing through an intersection no matter what color the light is. We used to have "fun" by getting drunk and then grabbing a cab, giving him a major tip, and telling him to get us there really fast. Most of the Cabis drove Mercedes. talk about having the crap scared out of you. :eek: However most of the Italian food sucked compared to what we call Italian food. Ours has a lot more spice to it.

slk230mb
03-12-06, 09:56 AM
Sweet, I'd love to see some pics from when you go back. HRS, what exactly do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? When I graduate college next spring I hope to have a trip to Italy planned out. My mom and dad have been wanting to visit some cousins for some time and I just want to see where my family got it's start. :thumbsup:

HotRodSaint
03-13-06, 10:08 AM
HRS, what exactly do you do for a living...

I am now responsible for Business Development for an Italian leather tannery for the US automotive market.

Prior to this, I was in the automotive seat cover industry.

addison_ii
03-13-06, 10:18 AM
Hey HRS, would you by any chance be near where 90Brougham350 is/was? That would be cool if you two could meet up there.

Jesda
03-13-06, 10:46 AM
Wow, sounds like a pretty sweet gig!