: Has anyone here added performance parts to a 94 eldorado

aaron94
03-09-06, 02:57 AM
:thumbsup: Anybody know how to find a good exhaust for a 94 eldorado because I looked online and didn't find any companies that make exhaust for it. Does it have to be custom made ? And what else can I do to safely squeeze some more HP out of the old 94 N*?

fubar569
03-09-06, 04:39 AM
the only real major restriction on the N* is the exhaust. it's a very overall well matched and designed setup.

your exhaust will have to be custom done by a trusted and reputable shop. may i be the first to suggest a full 3" (of it your bender is crafy enough, dual 2.5").

if eldorado1's machinist could bore your TB to 80mm that would be a healthy gain of 6hp and 10-14ft/lbs i believe across the board.

the PCM has not and prolly will never be hacked, so forget about a tuner.

the only other way to squeeze more out of the N* is by forced induction. for that see MARK99STS's turbocharged STS thread. I myself will be squirting my 97 Deville's N* with a 100hp shot of giggly gas.

im sure there's a few other things i'm forgetting, but the gains are few and far between on the N*...A far cry from the days of 100hp head/cam swaps on a SBC that's for sure.

davesdeville
03-09-06, 08:53 PM
Actually the PCM for 93-95s has been "hacked" but I dunno who if anyone still offers chips for these years.

eldorado1
03-09-06, 09:21 PM
Actually the PCM for 93-95s has been "hacked"

Not entirely correct... It has been hacked in the sense that you can remove the ABS, traction control, and transmission code, but you can't do any tuning with the fuel or timing curves.

davesdeville
03-12-06, 02:39 AM
What about speed limiter on non Z rated cars? I believe I saw that claim on a chip vendors site, I'm just curious though since mine is Z rated already.

And even if YOU can't tune the fuel and timing maps, can the chip manufacturer "burn" a more agressive set on the chip?

96-deville-man
03-12-06, 07:31 AM
why do you need to go so fast in these cars? i did 104 in mine and that was enough. now 150 in a civic was cool its built for speed cadillacs arnt.

fubar569
03-12-06, 02:49 PM
why do you need to go so fast in these cars? i did 104 in mine and that was enough. now 150 in a civic was cool its built for speed cadillacs arnt.

man...lay off the crack...lol

CadillacSTS42005
03-12-06, 05:59 PM

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about so how about you cover your ignorance by not speaking, invest in a Civic since you seem to glorify them over a Caddy and fyi Z Rated Caddies were built to handel speeds in excess of 150

96-deville-man
03-13-06, 12:10 AM
you guys took my comment way too serious. I know civics arnt built for speed compared to alot of other cars but compared to a cadillac it is. cadillacs are cruisers. now dont get me wrong speed is great. just so you know i plan on heavly building my caddy but i dont feel the need to do 150mph on public streets i dont wanna die or kill someone else. my comment about speed was more meant to daves deville. why do you need to go faster than 112 in one of these cars on the street? I dont know of many places to even do that around here. I by no means meant to offend anyone.

aaron94 my local shop would install flowmasters for $229.99 including the cost of the mufflers.

im pretty sure eldorado1 will be making a bored TB for your year soon. that should be good for about 6hp 10ftq.

i noticed a diffrence with my mufflers wich i just clamped on. i got cheap lol. im going to be buying one of eldorado1`s tbs within a couple weeks. ill let you know how that turns out.

the only other mod i have is a cone style airfilter. no airbox Dyno results to come soon

once agian sorry to those i offened or irretated.

davesdeville
03-13-06, 03:51 AM
Car and Driver says the Civic SI tops out at around 130. My ETC has seen north of 150. So obviously the Civic is the one that's built for speed. :rolleyes: The Civic is an econobox, it's designed to get you from point A to point B at 30 miles a gallon, that doesn't sound like built for speed to me.

I'm not all offended at what you said but I do think it's a bit ignorant, especially considering the V series... which is specifically built for speed.

I don't feel the need to do 150 all the time either, but on a deserted straight road (NM seems to have a lot of those) it can be fun to lay into it and see how fast you can get it.

fubar569
03-13-06, 04:32 AM
i want a Z rated caddy. this 112 top speed limiter blows.

my car is way too old and way out of warranty. i wish i had friends at GM to flash the PCM for me.

CadillacSTS42005
03-13-06, 12:12 PM
Car and Driver says the Civic SI tops out at around 130. My ETC has seen north of 150. So obviously the Civic is the one that's built for speed. :rolleyes: The Civic is an econobox, it's designed to get you from point A to point B at 30 miles a gallon, that doesn't sound like built for speed to me.

I'm not all offended at what you said but I do think it's a bit ignorant, especially considering the V series... which is specifically built for speed.

I don't feel the need to do 150 all the time either, but on a deserted straight road (NM seems to have a lot of those) it can be fun to lay into it and see how fast you can get it.

much agreed you obviously dont deserve that caddy you drive seeing as you have no idea what its ment to do over a damn Civic...

the727kid
03-13-06, 12:27 PM
Lol....what a moron....96devilleman what did the 5 fingers say to the face... SLAP :D. You my friend are an idiot. You probally have never been in a Civic, nor any other car in it's class at 150mph, nor have you probally been in one that could. Yes, Cadillacs are cruisers at ANY speed, if its 40mph down the interstate or 140mph, the car is safe and will handle it, it is built to comfortably "cruise" at any speed. Now if you would like to go take a Civic, drop 10grand into it so it might be able to handle 150, please do so, tell me how it rides, tell me how scared you are that those 165/13/50 tires are going to fly off. As mentioned Civics are to get you from point A to point B, kids try to make them fast because they are poor and that's all they can afford as a car, they are not built for speed.

96-deville-man
03-13-06, 01:15 PM
well i guess everybody here has a totaly diffrent oppion on this subject. wich makes me dumb and a lier.

i have done 150 in a 2000 civic si it had a chip full exhaust and a CAI. i was amazed that it would do that.

part of being scared in the caddy and not in the civic was probably because i had more trust in the driver and the car at the time we did the 104 when we had just got the caddy running again and it was having problems with the fuel pump relay. and yes the caddy had more it was still going.

96-deville-man
03-13-06, 01:19 PM

these are not v-series we are talking about. if it was i would say more power to you.

and i agree with it is fun to see what it can do but its just so dangerous. we dont have many open straitroads long enough for that kind of speed around here. i was speaking from my experinces on the matter.

davesdeville
03-14-06, 01:27 AM
The V series are Cadillacs, are they not? You said, specifically "I know civics arnt built for speed compared to alot of other cars but compared to a cadillac it is."

Doing 150 is dangerous, but if you minimize the risks by finding a straight, flat, empty road it's not as dangerous as it seems.

96-deville-man
03-14-06, 01:36 AM
The V series are Cadillacs, are they not? You said, specifically "I know civics arnt built for speed compared to alot of other cars but compared to a cadillac it is."

Doing 150 is dangerous, but if you minimize the risks by finding a straight, flat, empty road it's not as dangerous as it seems.

ok you got me there i should has specified.
yes on an empty road its alot less dangerous.

FredMaxwell
03-14-06, 02:43 AM

Get in your Civic and I will get in my TWENTY SEVEN YEAR OLD Cadillac and let's us race 1000 miles one night...
I will let you know what I saw the last 990 miles of the race
The scenery and all

Since your Civic will blow up if you run wide open for over a minute :)

FredMaxwell
03-14-06, 02:45 AM
you guys took my comment way too serious. I know civics arnt built for speed compared to alot of other cars but compared to a cadillac it is. cadillacs are cruisers. now dont get me wrong speed is great. just so you know i plan on heavly building my caddy but i dont feel the need to do 150mph on public streets i dont wanna die or kill someone else. my comment about speed was more meant to daves deville. why do you need to go faster than 112 in one of these cars on the street? I dont know of many places to even do that around here. I by no means meant to offend anyone.

aaron94 my local shop would install flowmasters for $229.99 including the cost of the mufflers.

im pretty sure eldorado1 will be making a bored TB for your year soon. that should be good for about 6hp 10ftq.

i noticed a diffrence with my mufflers wich i just clamped on. i got cheap lol. im going to be buying one of eldorado1`s tbs within a couple weeks. ill let you know how that turns out.

the only other mod i have is a cone style airfilter. no airbox Dyno results to come soon

once agian sorry to those i offened or irretated.

Why would you want to go over 112?

What if you're chasing someone down the highway?
What if someone is chasing you?
What if a tornado or hurricane is coming?

What if you have to make it to a hospital from out in the country? You DO want grandpa Jones to get there in time to live, right?

No you don't need to drive 150 daily but by god I like to have all I can have available to me

FredMaxwell
03-14-06, 02:46 AM

Doing 130 that motor probably turns 9000rpm
Good god I'd hate to be chasing someone with that :eek:
Or if you're running.. POOF the civic blows up and the guy runs you down and shoots you three times

Zorb750
03-14-06, 04:02 AM
BMW 150@3600 RPM 5th. That or my old STS (1999 - sold) are my favorite cars to fly in. Feels more controlled than a C5 at that speed too, especially the BMW, because its steering is a little tighter.

CadillacSTS42005
03-14-06, 10:14 AM
well explained Fred a think you the kid and i agree this guy has absolutly no clue about cars at all

96-deville-man
03-14-06, 11:29 AM
yea guys i know nothing about cars. i dont even own a caddy. never seen or been in a civic. nope notta nothing. :thumbsup:

CadillacSTS42005
03-14-06, 03:39 PM
yea guys i know nothing about cars. i dont even own a caddy. never seen or been in a civic. nope notta nothing. :thumbsup:

see now honesty is the best policy im glad youve finally come to terms with that and can admit it