: Optional GM CTS-V wheels

Dick's06Vee
03-08-06, 07:31 PM
I know several of you bought the optional GM wheels for your V. Does anyone have a photo of the wheels on your car that you could post? Also, are they polished aluminum or chrome? Thanks.

OldRoadDawg
03-08-06, 07:43 PM
Quickest place to look would be the cadillacfaq/images . . here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib/wheels.html

not sure if they are chrome or polished

moldowan
03-08-06, 10:23 PM
they are polished
nice cheap way to go only 320 or so a piece. I like mine!

Lindsay Cadillac
03-09-06, 05:49 AM
Here are a few pics I took of a platinum V after we put the wheels on. I apologize for the quality of the whole car shot, our digital camera here at work isn't the best...

And as Moldowan already said, they are polished...

Dick's06Vee
03-09-06, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info guys. And the photos James. Still undecided but at least with them being polished vs. chrome, they would hold up just fine with the salt during the winter.

Just ordered the GM sport package spoiler. My local dealer cut me a good deal. $402.00 painted and installed.

Dick

dqw1
03-09-06, 01:06 PM
I need to order the polished rims later this afternoon. I noticed on the GM site that the rims, center cap and lugs are priced seperate. Why is this and if you order the rims-why in the hell doesn't the center caps and lugs come with it? Aren't they part of the wheel?

NIK
03-09-06, 01:56 PM
Dumb question, but plese enlighten me - what is the difference between "polished" and "chromed?"

CVP33
03-09-06, 04:41 PM
Here are a few pics I took of a platinum V after we put the wheels on. I apologize for the quality of the whole car shot, our digital camera here at work isn't the best...

And as Moldowan already said, they are polished...

Who's platinum V? :thumbsup:

Here's a before and after shot.

Lindsay Cadillac
03-09-06, 04:46 PM
Who's platinum V? :thumbsup: I'm not sure who that car belongs to... Just some random customer... :D

diverdan
03-09-06, 04:46 PM
Those are pretty rims, but after having the similar styled ones on my Z06, I would have to pass on them: They are difficult to clean.

CVP33
03-09-06, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure who that car belongs to... Just some random customer... :D

I've been called worse, much worse. :histeric:

Dick's06Vee
03-09-06, 04:58 PM
Dumb question, but plese enlighten me - what is the difference between "polished" and "chromed?"

Nik:

Polished......the aluminum wheel is machine polished, then clear coated. Chrome......chrome plated over the raw aluminum wheel. Dick

V-Sting
03-09-06, 05:02 PM
This forum simply rocks...pictures or wheels, mounted, testimonials...a benchmark.

tedcmiller
03-10-06, 08:57 AM
Many models of Harley-Davidson motorcycles come with polished aluminum cases and covers. As Dick's06Vee points out, the polished aluminum is clear coated to prevent immediate oxidation. They look great at first but when the clear coat begins to chip and wear off, as it inevitably will, they look horrible. I would not get any polished wheels - go with chrome.

Lindsay Cadillac
03-10-06, 09:10 AM
I've been called worse, much worse. :histeric:Probably by your other dealers...

CVP33
03-10-06, 11:25 AM
Probably by your other dealers...

True. Good luck carting this weekend. Wish I could make it. :highfive:

Vendetta-V-
03-10-06, 10:28 PM
Okay, found this thread...

What's the dimensions of the factory accessory rims? Can I fit 295s?

CarToys
03-10-06, 10:37 PM
Okay, found this thread...

What's the dimensions of the factory accessory rims? Can I fit 295s?

Same as stock rims. 295s would be pinched.

BadCad
03-11-06, 02:07 PM
My Porsche of years ago came with polished alum wheels, they were a pain to keep clean and shiny and you had to take care of them to keep them clean or else they would pit from dust and road dirt. Go with chromed wheels.