: Accessing the door speakers on a 2000 Catera

Elo
03-08-06, 06:21 PM
So I realize I need to take the door panel apart to get to the speakers...

So here I am on Sunday afternoon... I take all the screws out, have the tweeter out, etc... The outside edges of the panel is loose, but I can't seem to get it off... And of course, I don't want to FORCE the panel off, as I don't want to break anything... What else do I need to do to get this panel off?

The reason I'm even trying to get in there to begin with, is the fact that my driver's side speaker and tweeter aren't working... Judging by the appearance of the tweeter, it doesn't appear to be blown... And so I wanted to check the wiring... Also, isn't there a small amp in the door for those two speakers?

Thanks for the help!
-Elo

Elo
03-16-06, 04:21 PM
Bump

Vesicant
03-16-06, 05:35 PM
So I realize I need to take the door panel apart to get to the speakers...

So here I am on Sunday afternoon... I take all the screws out, have the tweeter out, etc... The outside edges of the panel is loose, but I can't seem to get it off... And of course, I don't want to FORCE the panel off, as I don't want to break anything... What else do I need to do to get this panel off?

The reason I'm even trying to get in there to begin with, is the fact that my driver's side speaker and tweeter aren't working... Judging by the appearance of the tweeter, it doesn't appear to be blown... And so I wanted to check the wiring... Also, isn't there a small amp in the door for those two speakers?

Thanks for the help!
-Elo

The door panel is held on at the top of the door frame by clips, and the panel should come UP and then OUT if I remember correctly, meaning you'll need to give it upward motion on either end of the door or in the middle.

There is only a small amp if you have the Bose stereo system.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/67970-inside-door-panel-loose-how-attached.html

Elo
03-17-06, 11:22 AM
Thanks a lot man! I'll check that out over the weekend when I'm home with my family (and my dad's extensive selection of power tools *evil grin*)

And yes, it is a Bose system... :)

-Elo