: Sleeper tires for your Fleetwood

N0DIH
03-08-06, 05:14 PM
Avon Turbosteel 70's. They are V rated and whitewall!

Sweet....

caddycruiser
03-08-06, 05:38 PM
I saw those before too, and Avons look like great tires, just that some of them are VERY pricey. I think a lot of them are geared toward larger, faster Euro cars...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-06, 06:07 PM
V rated= 130 MPH?

N0DIH
03-08-06, 06:08 PM
$202 each for ww!

N0DIH
03-08-06, 06:17 PM
They still show V as " V* above 210 KM/H above 130 mph"

For non Unlimited V rated tires, the limit is 149 mph.

* For Unlimited V tires without the Service Description, the speed category is over 210 km/h (130 mph).

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/l/bldef_760a.htm

davesdeville
03-09-06, 02:54 AM
I saw those before too, and Avons look like great tires, just that some of them are VERY pricey. I think a lot of them are geared toward larger, faster Euro cars...

There aren't many larger out there...

caddycruiser
03-09-06, 08:27 AM
There aren't many larger out there...

Well, I didn't mean larger than the Caddy, I just meant large Euro cars in general...

96Fleetwood
03-09-06, 08:56 AM
Nice tires. They are popular amoung the RR/Bentley crowd :thumbsup:

N0DIH
03-09-06, 12:59 PM
If they have long life to them, I would consider, but honestly, I don't spend time >80 anyway, maybe an occaisional blast, but that is it.

What sucks is 15's in any good size that we need are getting scarce and getting whitewalls is harder yet and get a tire that has a nice modern high tech tread.

caddycruiser
03-09-06, 02:37 PM
If they have long life to them, I would consider, but honestly, I don't spend time >80 anyway, maybe an occaisional blast, but that is it.

What sucks is 15's in any good size that we need are getting scarce and getting whitewalls is harder yet and get a tire that has a nice modern high tech tread.

I know, as this is something I ran into too. We went with the Kumho Touring 795 whitewalls on our '93, and while I really like them, they're very smooth and quiet, have a 70k warranty, and were the cheapest around, I think they may just be a tad overpowered by such a beast of a car at times.

My '95 has a nearly new set of Michelin X-Ones on it, and blackwalls or not, they seem very firm, which I did read about them and like a lot, and also are very "square" in inflated appearance, and seem to make the car quite crisp on the road. I was going to swap them out for some WW's, but have since decided they just look too good as is with the Marblehead color (strange, but really is true...:cool2: ) and are very high quality, so are staying.

But right now, getting a stock size whitewall with a nice level of performance to it seems to be getting harder and harder...basically just have the Kumhos, Yokos, Dunlops, or a few other off-brand names that you can sometimes find, to choose from.

N0DIH
03-09-06, 04:34 PM
On tirerack, the dunlops didn't rate well at all by users. They used to be a good tire, but who knows these days.

I haven't checked into the Yoko's.

What I really want, is a P255 60 15 whitewall. But no one makes one anymore. I think BFG did once. Probably was a 70 series though. Been a LONG time....

The Michelin Hyrdo Edge is a nice tire, and a killer 800 treadwear, which is what I want, but they don't even come close in tire sizes that we can use.

I am ready to get some 94-96 Concourse wheels and redrill my rotors to use them just to get better tires for these cars! Of course it would probably line up goofy, but might work. Then it might make it look like a front wheeler....

96Fleetwood
03-09-06, 06:01 PM
Just upgrade to Impala SS wheels... you know you want to :thumbsup:

N0DIH
03-09-06, 07:26 PM
I am pondering it! Might be better off!!