: Hold on to your Broughams, ebay

KaddyKat
03-08-06, 09:48 AM
simply spectacular, could this be the best ever? most likely

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-1992-Cadillac-Brougham-5-7-Liter-Fleetwood-New-No-Miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6149QQitemZ461974 8907QQrdZ1

taz600
03-08-06, 10:28 AM
that car is beautiful

Jonas McFeely
03-08-06, 11:24 AM
That is the craziest cadillac ive ever seen.LOOK at the guys homepage!its INSANE.He has EVERYTHING thats cool,Cadillacs,Corvetes,Planes.

This is the coolest guy i have ever seen.

KaddyKat
03-08-06, 11:35 AM
it's sick no doubt. The fact that he never drove it out of the driveway is
maddening. I couldn't do that, hopefully the buyer will have a similar passion.
It's like a museum piece.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-06, 12:01 PM
Well now I have a new backround on my computer!

Destroyer
03-08-06, 02:22 PM
He'll never get $35k for it. Once somebody starts driving it the price will drop like there is no tomorrow. As for keeping it in storage as a collector, I have no idea why anyone would do that. I'd pay maybe $10-$15k but thats it and it would serve as a dependable daily driver for many years ahead.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-06, 02:27 PM
I'd feel kinda guilty buying that car and driving it daily in MN.

caddycruiser
03-08-06, 02:37 PM
Very cool car, and I remember seeing one on Ebay last year that was the same colors and with similarly low "new car" mileage, but I don't remember how much it went for.

As for the $35k...you never know...there might just be someone out there who never thought they'd find something like this and have the cash, that will jump on it.

Of course, after you'd get it, I'd be afraid to even breathe on it...which would ruin the fun for me. I think I'll stick with my very nice condition higher mileage beauties for that reason:thumbsup:

On another note, now that I look at it more, I've seen this guy's stuff before, particularly the 1980 Brougham with the 500 in it he has...which looks almost identical in color and wheels to this 1992. Actually, I think he was on this board for a while, if I remember right...might still be around here...

brougham
03-08-06, 06:42 PM
That car is really nice. I think it's neat to have a car that's new like that but I'd rather have a car that looks new but gets used sometimes. I hope someone else who cares about it as much buys it because it would be really sad that it stayed like new for so long just to get used by someone every day who doesn't care about it.

And he is a member here. He posted about his other Brougham before.

1990CaddyBrougham
03-08-06, 06:51 PM
I would love that.. but what would you do

Spend 35k on a Cadillac that is one in.. probably one
WOuld you drive it to enjoy your 35k investment, or let it sit and look at it? I wouldnt want to drive it to damage it.. But thats what is was for...

I was under mine doing a oil change.. was wondereing what one looked like new.. now i know

davesdeville
03-09-06, 01:53 AM
I'd build a house with that in its own room. I'd have a lazy boy in there so I could just sit in there and look at it, with a bib for drool. Doubt I could bring myself to drive it more than once a month or so. Of course if I could afford something like that, another room in my house would be filled with piles of money, I'd also have a chair in that room.

Jonas McFeely
03-09-06, 05:50 AM
I'd build a house with that in its own room. I'd have a lazy boy in there so I could just sit in there and look at it, with a bib for drool. Doubt I could bring myself to drive it more than once a month or so. Of course if I could afford something like that, another room in my house would be filled with piles of money, I'd also have a chair in that room.

Amen,i would love to have it,but i dont think i could not drive it,something that perfect needs to be enjoyed.Keep it cherry,but enjoy it.What is the point if you arnt going to drive the car and appreciate it for what it is.If he gets $35k i think it is justified because it is probably one of maybe 5 in the world that are as close to perfect as that.Find me a picture of a (80-92)sage green brougham and i will send you $20 cash,i swear.That car may be rare,but ive seen a handful in that color.Green Brougham from 80-92 does not exist,ive never seen one except mine,and i REALLY want to see another one.Seriously.Give me pics and i will shut my mouth.Im sorry im kinda drunk,but for real,gimme a green fleetwood.

FredMaxwell
03-09-06, 06:17 AM
:eek:
Grrrrrrrr
God bless that man for owning that and offering it to someone for under $1M

caddycruiser
03-09-06, 07:10 AM
:eek:
Grrrrrrrr
God bless that man for owning that and offering it to someone for under $1M

My thoughts exactly. For what'd you'd be getting, $35k is NOTHING. And that's even with it still staying a garage queen for eternity...it's just SO cool:thumbsup:

I'm not usually an older Brougham fan, but I'd take it for sure...or any other similarly nice (but actually driven) '91-92 350 Brougham.

96Fleetwood
03-09-06, 08:01 AM
Beautiful car! He will not get more than $20K for it though. I sold my 1991 with 115,000 miles for $6K locally, so there is a big demand for solid, clean, Broughams :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
03-09-06, 09:22 AM
Well, it really is a museum piece, I just wonder if and when someone looking for that will grab it...

pimpridein
03-09-06, 04:59 PM
I think I would have to drive the fricking wheels off it . Cars are ment to be driven not stuck in some room to look at . What fun is that .

Benzilla
03-09-06, 08:08 PM
if I had 35k I'd but it in a second!!! and never drive it. thats what my '90 is for.

Destroyer
03-09-06, 08:15 PM
if I had 35k I'd but it in a second!!! and never drive it. thats what my '90 is for. If you never drove it then its just a waste of garage space. Its nice but who is gonna care?. No thanks, my 91 looks almost as good, would blow its doors off and cost me less that $4k total plus I drive it almost daily. Its not a very attractive color either.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-09-06, 09:33 PM
And he is a member here. He posted about his other Brougham before.

Do you know what his name is?

My god, If I bought that car, It would be in a museum...or it would be to me what that '93 Sixty Special is to Sandy.

KaddyKat
03-10-06, 07:34 AM
you know what will happen if it is ever driven, someone will either total,
steal, door ding or key it. Once it's driven the value drops to a normal level,
so it's a problem for whoever pays an inflated price, because their investment will lose value unless it's kept pristine.

Night Wolf
03-10-06, 11:00 AM
I knew he (his page) looked very familer....

thats gotta be a new car he recently got...

He is in fact on the boards, hasn't posted in quite some time.

Ultra Slow is his user name.... kinda funny because his 500 powered 1980 Fleetwood runs 12's int he 1/4mi. He is also a pilot, thats cool. Take a look at his site, very neat.

This is what I would rather have:

http://www.mcsmk8.com/80CAD-500/MAVICA.HTM

About the 600 mile Brougham.... it would be nothing more then a very, very expensive decoration. If you think it would be remotely reliable for a daily driver, then that is wrong. Plus, who could use that as a DD? Would I buy it? only if I had absurd amounts of money.... it would have no "use" to me. Yeah, put it in a museum, that would be the best thing for it.... but there ya go, it sits in there and dosn't get used for what it was made to do. The car has no "story" to tell. He said it was never driven on a public road, so those 600 miles were probably just back and fourth at speed less then 30mph.... not good for the car.