View Full Version : pearlescent??

03-08-06, 08:43 AM
what is that color called that kind of glistens in different color lighting, its like two tone, would that be white diamond??

B Duncan
03-08-06, 10:45 AM
White Diamond is a straight pearl or metalic white. The color you are referring to was called White Lightning a few years ago but I haven't seen it listed as an Escalade color lately?
Those pearls (shade shifting) where originally called Maurano Pearl or Flip Flop years ago - now usually referred to as shade shifting pearls. Many years ago, pearl paint colors were actually made using real ground mother of pearl and had a much lighter look or shade. Pearl Yellow looked as if it had a lot of white mixed in, Pearl orange was a light peach color etc., but they all had a very white reflrctive quality to the color. For the past 20 years or so, most pearl colors use extremely fine plastic or sometimes metalic particles for the pearl look. Most modern pearl colors have the look of a candy (translucent) color shot over a metalic base as opposed to the original pearl look but it's still a very custom finish look. The shade shifting pearls use particles that reflect different light spectrums at different angles, along with a translucent color to give the look of a green color that shifts to gold etc. at a different angle. Much more answer than your question??

03-08-06, 12:58 PM
yea, i get it now, BUT does anyone know the COLOR name thats pearlescent on the 02,03,04,05,06 slades?? i'm just wondering, and do you think that that color is available on the 07?

03-08-06, 01:10 PM
B Duncan - Great info on the different Pearls!!

07slade - Yes, I think you are talking about the white diamond