: Water under my 2000

wht2000
03-07-06, 11:44 PM
I have what I consider something strange going on with my 2000. When I pull it out of the garage, I've noticed water dripping down onto my driveway...not coolant, but clear, cold, tasteless water. It was 22 degrees this morning, and I still had water dripping down. I don't know how long it lasts because I have a 20 mile ride to work, and it stops by then. Any ideas of where it could be coming from? Maybe from the A/C evaporator? The A/C is running when the defrosters are on, right? The really strange thing is after it sits in the garage for a week, the water still comes out. Any help would be appreciated. I don't think it's anything serious...just wondering if maybe some drain holes/hose are clogged or something. Thanks in advance.

mikeee
03-08-06, 12:24 AM
probably your exhaust tip dripping?

wht2000
03-08-06, 07:29 AM
Sorry...forgot to mention that the water is coming from the front of the truck...under the engine.

Nasty Black Lac
03-08-06, 10:27 AM
...I've noticed water dripping down onto my driveway...not coolant, but clear, cold, tasteless water...

Please be careful when tasting your automobile fluids... :stirpot:

mikeee
03-08-06, 01:25 PM
AC is the only thing that should cause dripping clear water from the front. Anything else would have run out of water already and stopped.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-08-06, 05:39 PM
Please be careful when tasting your automobile fluids... :stirpot:

Haha! Agreed. Why would you go ahead and taste that? It could have been anything. Just messing around. I'm sure it is the AC due to the constant production of so much water.

Thanks.

integline
03-09-06, 03:09 AM
AC has to be.

wht2000
03-09-06, 06:37 AM
Thanks guys. That's what I thought....no other place to come from. Oh, I didn't actually taste it...I just smelled it (that didn't sound right, did it?:hmm: ) Thanks for the help.