: 1987 Cadillac found in lake.

Boombotz
03-07-06, 09:44 PM
I saw this today and found this very interesting that a Cadillac could be in a lake under water for 13 years with a body inside. I have past this lake everyday for 11 years and so has several thousand of other people and no one ever notice it until a resident seen the roof of the Caddy from his window of his apartment.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/3/6/147308.html

It seems that they think it from a missing person from 1993 who was last seen on a surveillance camera at a gas station right up the road from the lake.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/3/7/147500.html

DaveDeVille
03-07-06, 09:53 PM
That happened when I lived near Orlando 5 years ago. They ended up determining that the driver accidentally drove into one of those many lakes and ponds down there. I can't remember if it was a Cady, but I think it was some very old person who lost there bearing(sp?).

terrible one
03-07-06, 10:09 PM
Wow, that is really weird. Now I'm really curious! I want more information! lol

illumina
03-07-06, 10:15 PM
Will the car be up for sale anytime soon? Perhaps as a flood restoration?

Boombotz
03-07-06, 10:42 PM
Wow, that is really weird. Now I'm really curious! I want more information! lol

If you like I will keep it updated as I find out more info.

terrible one
03-07-06, 10:48 PM
If you like I will keep it updated as I find out more info.

Cool deal. :)

FastCTS
03-07-06, 10:49 PM
Does the word "Hoffa" mean anything?

illumina
03-07-06, 11:03 PM
Does the word "Hoffa" mean anything?

Ho-ly shizzle! The case might finally be solved!! :D :p

I do have to admit though, I found both articles very interesting.

Jonas McFeely
03-07-06, 11:25 PM
I definately want to know more.No VIN,no plate?Somethings fishy about that(no pun intended).Keep us posted.

DopeStar 156
03-08-06, 01:51 AM
So, who do I call about parts? Haha.

davesdeville
03-08-06, 06:10 AM

TurboJimmy?

Hillsborough County deputies continue to try to figure out who was inside a submerged car that was pulled from a Cadillac on Monday at the bottom of a pond outside the Lake Carlton Arms Apartments in Lutz.

So there was a submerged car that was pulled from a Cadillac too? Wow! ...

Sandy
03-08-06, 09:53 AM
The first article claimed that there were no plates on the car and no VIN on the car. IF that's true, it's obviously a murder. 'Ya, keep us posted.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-06, 01:08 PM
Ohhh a murder! How intriguging!! (sp?)

mccombie_5
03-08-06, 01:18 PM
How can a car that big lay in the bottom of a lake for so long without being noticed?

I wonder if we'll ever find out the full story

OffThaHorseCEO
03-08-06, 01:42 PM
TurboJimmy?

So there was a submerged car that was pulled from a Cadillac too? Wow! ...

yea it was a guy inside of a catera inside of a fleetwood

Caddy Man
03-08-06, 02:00 PM
sounds like some mafia stuff

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-08-06, 03:38 PM
Yeah, definetly sounds like something out of a Scorsese movie..

Elvis
03-08-06, 04:19 PM
Luca Brazzi sleeps with the fishes.

Kev
03-09-06, 10:22 AM
Hassell says the poor condition of the remains and the car could make processing the evidence very difficult and time consuming. Detectives couldn't even find a vehicle identification number or a license plate.Hold up there folks, the article didn't sat that the plates and vin# were removed, it said they couldn't find them. It is very possible that they were corroded badly enough so as not to be legible. It may be possible that the reporter chose that wording to lend more to the dramatic?

Night Wolf
03-09-06, 11:54 AM
Hold up there folks, the article didn't sat that the plates and vin# were removed, it said they couldn't find them. It is very possible that they were corroded badly enough so as not to be legible. It may be possible that the reporter chose that wording to lend more to the dramatic?

Not finding and not being able to read are two different things tho.

Plates are stamped, and you would know if its there or now.

The vin plate is either there or not.

~12 years in a lake, probably a fresh water lake at that... isn't enough tim e to actually corrode stuff like that away to a point its not there anymore. The Titanic has been at the bottom of the ocean for nearly 100 years now and they can still read stamped numbers off it.

mccombie_5
03-09-06, 01:15 PM

~12 years in a lake, probably a fresh water lake at that... isn't enough tim e to actually corrode stuff like that away to a point its not there anymore. The Titanic has been at the bottom of the ocean for nearly 100 years now and they can still read stamped numbers off it.

The Titanic wasnt made in the 80's by GM though :p

J/K, it does sound suspicious..

Kev
03-09-06, 02:18 PM

~12 years in a lake, probably a fresh water lake at that... isn't enough tim e to actually corrode stuff like that away to a point its not there anymore. The Titanic has been at the bottom of the ocean for nearly 100 years now and they can still read stamped numbers off it.Yes, but if I am not mistaken, the plates and vin tag are made of aluminum which can be eaten up pretty quickly in the right conditions, i.e. electrolysis, high alkaline content, etc.

Just a thought.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-09-06, 09:22 PM
well the vin may not be legible right now . there has to be alot of alge all in that car , youd have to pull the car apart to get the vin plate out and clean it

70eldo
03-10-06, 05:30 AM

It's all about oxigen being there or not. The Titanic was so deep under water where it is very cold and lacking oxgen. A river that flows contains a lot of oxigen and will corrode a car very quickly...

Night Wolf
03-10-06, 12:05 PM
It was a fresh water lake.

Kev
03-10-06, 12:32 PM
It was a fresh water lake.That is understood.

Patrick7997
03-10-06, 01:02 PM
I'd say it's very suspicious.... the plates didn't just fall off when it went in the water....

Although 70eldo is right, there would be a far greater oxygen content in a shallow lake, and warmer temps will increase the speed of the reaction...

Jonas McFeely
03-10-06, 01:05 PM
I'd say it's very suspicious.... the plates didn't just fall off when it went in the water....

Although 70eldo is right, there would be a far greater oxygen content in a shallow lake, and warmer temps will increase the speed of the reaction...

Im sorry but there is no chance in hell a license plate is going to be totally eaten up to nothing in 12 or even 20 years.Theres just no way,add that to no VIN,and youve got mafia-style murder.The VIN plate on the dash of the Brougham is large and easy to see,and made of something other than aluminum.

CTS4Chiefy
03-11-06, 01:43 AM
wow... just... wow... That's insane! 5-15 years, no one notices until now? How? Sheesh... none the less, makes me wonder what OTHER creepie things are in that lake... and hopefully this'll offer closure to that family of the missing person they think it is!

Brix
03-11-06, 02:11 AM
That's just spooky. I don't think I could drive mine if I knew it had a human stew in it... Eeewww!
:)

CTS4Chiefy
03-11-06, 02:25 AM
That's just spooky. I don't think I could drive mine if I knew it had a human stew in it... Eeewww!
That makes 2 of us...

wilsonwilson
12-26-10, 09:58 PM
I know this is an old thread but.....What'd they use for bait?

Rolex
12-26-10, 10:05 PM
Bait? :wtf: You bumped this thread for???

hueterm
12-26-10, 10:09 PM
Do they need a reason? Can't Sal lock old threads automatically after say a year of inactivity?

Stingroo
12-26-10, 11:03 PM
I giggled at his joke.

The-Dullahan
12-27-10, 02:11 AM

I would. ****ing DEFINITELY.

Is there something wrong with me for only opening this thread in hopes of a corpse being involved? Strange question, but what colours was it? I can only imagine it was a dark shade, as it would have otherwise stood out. EDIT: the car, not the corpse.

Anyhoo, As for all the lovely drama about the oddities in said case, my two cents are as follows.

Missing Plate and missing VIN, regardless of missing or simply rusted away, is no reason to jump towards Mafia involvement. Yes, it means foul play, but we ALREADY KNEW it involved foul play. Most of the time when you find a corpse in the bottom of a body of water, inside of a vehicle, it involves something illegal. If I was going to take a 1987 Cadillac and kill someone and throw them in the car and thusly, the car in the lake...I would probably remove the license plate and VIN number (As well as the person's teeth and lower jaw) Mafia, I think not. Unless it was Hoffa, but he was never in a car at the bottom of the lake. Tragically, I have learned a thing-or-two about the mafia in my lifetime.

ALSO...Did nobody else instantly think of this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ili-uW5evt8

(those of you from the WPB meet may notice that the ghoul in this clip looks mysteriously similar to the one in my car. This is entirely intentional)

77CDV
12-28-10, 01:51 AM
Speaking of long-submerged things unexpectedly resurfacing.....

Stingroo
12-28-10, 09:24 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1358.snc4/163055_10150116798383529_585128528_7588588_242308_ n.jpg