: Done Deal.Took the V home today!

lars464
03-07-06, 09:41 PM
2004 silver w/25k miles.
Thanks to everybody who took the time to answer my many questions. Now its time to start the mods!
Is there a way to convert the Xm radio over to Sirius yet?

Florian
03-07-06, 09:51 PM
there is a converter available...do a search on this forum.

Welcome to the insanity.

F

CIWS
03-07-06, 10:06 PM
Congrats !!

But you need to be out driving that puppy around and giggling like a school kid. :D

kjr39
03-07-06, 10:12 PM
:welcome:

I thought the converter wasn't ready yet?

V-SATX
03-07-06, 10:18 PM
:welcome: :stirpot:

DILLIGAF
03-07-06, 10:33 PM
2004 silver w/25k miles.
Thanks to everybody who took the time to answer my many questions. Now its time to start the mods!
Is there a way to convert the Xm radio over to Sirius yet?

Welcome:bouncy:

Is your car all stock?

Listen to the forum,alot of us in here have been field testing for you:highfive:

ctsvflorida
03-07-06, 10:43 PM
Congrats! I am looking to see what everyone is doing too as I have a 2004 V also! If you do not mind me asking, how much did you pay and does it have a roof? I asked the question earlier today about what to do to these cars as I have only done exhaust and cold air. Throttle body by pass too but that is tiny, tiny! Good luck with it and enjoy!

diverdan
03-07-06, 10:43 PM
I, too, am eagerly waiting for the Sirius replacement unit: Sirius is way better by comparison (and I don't even care for Howard Stern).

Lindsay Cadillac
03-07-06, 10:44 PM
Congrats & welcome aboard...

Staxxin
03-07-06, 10:46 PM

rand49er
03-07-06, 11:10 PM
WELCOME!!!

Geez, just be careful, I need to warn you 'cause there's a lot weird people on this forum.:grouphug:

:histeric:

lars464
03-08-06, 12:07 AM
Just got home from a drive. I am laughing at myself. Feel like a young kid hammering on the car. To answer your question ctsvflorida, I paid 34k. This price included the dealer extending the factory waranty to 2010/100k miles. It is stock for now with a sunroof. The dealer also included a full size spare/tire/jack.I know that cost at least a grand.
Windows will be tinted this weekend. Who has the best price on the Corsa exhaust?

V-SATX
03-08-06, 12:13 AM
Who has the best price on the Corsa exhaust?

You can pick up the Corsa for about $1000 shipped. However, what about headers? :stirpot:

Slywun
03-08-06, 12:16 AM
First mod = UUC!!!

arr0gant
03-08-06, 12:22 AM
Where the HELL is "your'e doomed"? Oh well, DOOMED INDEED!

lars464
03-08-06, 12:35 AM
Headers...hmm
Not sure if I want to screw with the warranty too much. I am going to get the exhaust and rotors ordered this week. I also saw a carbon fiber spoiler that looks like the OEM style. That would look good on the silver car.

ctsvett
03-08-06, 02:17 AM
welcome!!

next: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/reg/

Reed

heavymetals
03-08-06, 06:11 AM
There is a whole lot of room in MOD HELL.

(DOOMED? more like DAMNED!!)

WELCOME

Kadonny
03-08-06, 09:26 AM

I thought the converter wasn't ready yet?

It is ready. Do a search on Google. The only thing I didnt like is that you still need another external antenna, the Sirius does not use the GM antenna. If it did, then the converter would be perfect.

Oh, and welcome and congrats!

ctsvflorida
03-08-06, 09:51 AM
LARS464 Good deal! Thanks for the info. I was just curious as I got the same car 2004 silver also about 2 months ago with no roof! I know it is one of the few with no roof but it was there and the price was right. I guess it is lighter anyway if there is a plus of no roof! :)
I read what you said about warranty and I am trying to not void it either as I have 3.3 years left on mine because it was not titled until 7/05. I can tell you that I put the magnaflow system on and I would swear that it did nothing as far as gain, I think! Now, some people will tell you that it is because of the system! Trust me, it is not as they are all very similar and it is only sound that you pay for in the differnt systems but you need it for the better sound and it looks great out the back! The cold air works, of course and coupled with the exhaust will help but you need to get all the air you can. I modified mine a bit and it works MUCH better now. It is K&N. The one that everyone talks about is the volant cold air! Is that the closed box set up and it get the air from under the car? Let me know and good luck with your new V!

Now, this may be a stupid question but I can't figure out how to join this forum and/or put my info. in the header, where my user name is, i.e. car, things I added, etc! If I need to pay and join than that is fine but I can't find this info. Is it me or is it impossible to find? Thanks for the help and if you can write me directly than please do so!

CIWS
03-08-06, 09:59 AM
Now, this may be a stupid question but I can't figure out how to join this forum and/or put my info. in the header, where my user name is, i.e. car, things I added, etc! If I need to pay and join than that is fine but I can't find this info. Is it me or is it impossible to find? Thanks for the help and if you can write me directly than please do so!

Upper left - UserCP, then select Edit Profile, Then you can change your User title and then all the way at the bottom the last option, "What autos you drive" and edit that. Then save it :)

OldRoadDawg
03-08-06, 10:05 AM
If I need to pay and join than that is fine but I can't find this info.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

V-SATX
03-08-06, 10:11 AM

Click on User CP (Left Corner of thread) Click on edit profile Scroll down to the bottom and enter the data you want in automobiles owned/drive ect...

You both should read-up on what would possibly void your waranty.