: Anyone change gauge faces, needles - questions

B Duncan
03-07-06, 06:16 PM
I would like to hear from anyone who has changed their gauge faces, lens or needles. I'm strongly considering replacing my '03 cluster lens and possibly the gauge faces and needles. Has anyone here removed their gauge needles which is necessary to change the face? I would really like to change to red needles and possible silver faces with red numbers. Any problems with removing and replacing the needles and needle stops? My concern is obviously any possibility of gauge damage and any problems getting neddles back on in the correct position. Any advice or speed secrets greatly appreciated.

doit
03-07-06, 09:54 PM
I just did mine. swaped mine out with the Platinum face and bezel. it was really easy, the needles pull off easy just be carfull and make sure your pulling straight up and not at an angle.

Harrison256
03-08-06, 09:46 AM
how much did the whole deal cost you?

B Duncan
03-08-06, 10:31 AM
doit,

Thanks for the reply - that's what I wanted to hear. Was there any problem marking the original needle positions and then getting to new needles aligned the same - same gauge readings befor and after? Any other tips or issues.

ILLNALI
03-08-06, 01:21 PM
doit,

Thanks for the reply - that's what I wanted to hear. Was there any problem marking the original needle positions and then getting to new needles aligned the same - same gauge readings befor and after? Any other tips or issues.

yeah, yeah please share....That is the only thing holding me back... I have had other problems with other vehicles in the past, but have never had experience with GM.... I have heard they are easy, but how do they lay back right into place??? Do they bobble at all when driving???

loanman
03-08-06, 01:43 PM
The gauge face actually is held in place by a few posts you have to fit the gauge face over then the black plastic that covers the rest of it holds it all down the gauge face is all one piece not just a bunch of circles and it does not stick ( once you get it and see the directions it's super simple!) While the car is in idle write on a piece of paper where all the needles sit on all the gauges so that when you put the new one in and put the needles on you can adjust to the right setting. They will include a pin puller to help you get the pins off, but I don't recomend using it as the new faces will scratch sort of easy anyway you can just pull off with your fingers, just make sure to pull straight up to avoid breaking. All in all once you get the kit and see the instructions and take it all apart it is super simple and makes a big difference! Good luck.

integline
03-09-06, 02:12 AM
pics?

loanman
03-09-06, 12:28 PM
I can get you a pic of the finished product? Unfortunately I did not take pics during install.

B Duncan
03-09-06, 01:54 PM
loanman & doit
Which face (white, silver, black ESV etc) did you use, also which needles. I am considering silver face / red numbers and red needles. I like red needles much better but I'm not sure if I want to go for the red numbers that come with the silver face - red numbers not matching other white illuminated letter and numbers might look odd??
How do you like the day and night look of whichever you used?
Thanks for sharing.

loanman
03-09-06, 05:00 PM
Here is a pic of the silver face I put in with the stock needles.

benamaster
03-09-06, 06:06 PM
I have a Platinum Cluster with Red Needles. It was done by US Speedo in Flint Michigan. They installed it and all. They are the maker of most of the aftermarket needle kits and offer GREAT customer service and ship I think.

Boombotz
03-09-06, 07:34 PM
I have a Platinum Cluster with Red Needles. It was done by US Speedo in Flint Michigan. They installed it and all. They are the maker of most of the aftermarket needle kits and offer GREAT customer service and ship I think.

Can we see a pic and how much was it?:thumbsup:

jrs05caddyext
03-10-06, 08:28 AM
Here is a pic of the silver face I put in with the stock needles.
Looks good.:thumbsup: