: Is this a remote control IR for the NAV/DVD?

austin
03-07-06, 05:40 PM
What is this clear red lens for? IMO.... Perhaps it is a remote control IR for the optional TV tuner? If so, perhaps their is a remote out their that will control the NAV's DVD player.

*I took this picture off the internet, sorry for the poor quality.

nikon
03-07-06, 05:51 PM
I dont know if it can do what your saying or not, but I DO know that It's used to beam addresses in from a palm pc.... wont work with windows mobile or smartphone, already tried it....when you click enter destination there should be a soft key that says "beam" thats how you use it.

ctsvett
03-07-06, 07:25 PM
Not a IR for TV or dvd control.. Only for the palm beaming as nikon suggests..

Reed

MadMike
03-07-06, 07:41 PM
I thought it was where big brother and onstar were watching me.....

austin
03-07-06, 07:46 PM
Ok........ Thanks guys. :)

Rickerbucks
03-08-06, 12:36 AM
Can Blackberry work? i don't think so but I thought I'd ask

nikon
03-08-06, 12:42 AM
Can Blackberry work? i don't think so but I thought I'd ask

did'nt think blackberry's had ir ports...and the manual says "palm" computing platform...like I said I've tried my windows pda and smartphone and neither worked, it communicated, but had an error. so I doubt the blackberry will function either.

atdeneve
03-08-06, 07:08 AM
There's an optional TV tuner?

ahahnu
03-08-06, 10:34 AM
"smartphone" as in treo? i have the 650, and entering adresses in the V is a pain, it would make it easier and user friendly

nikon
03-08-06, 10:41 AM
"smartphone" as in treo? i have the 650, and entering adresses in the V is a pain, it would make it easier and user friendly

no smartphone as in windows mobile platform, the treo "should" be able to beam addresses, since it's based on the palm platform. all you have to do is set up your contacts with their address and what not, click menu then beam, or however it's done on the treo, adn it should work.....I really dont mind entering addresses using the wheel though, if you pick the city first it'll almost spell the whole street name for you.

Kael
03-10-06, 01:15 PM
its for beaming addresses into the nav computer.
yes the treo 650 will work, it carries the palm operatring system.

Kael
03-10-06, 01:24 PM
"smartphone" is a misnomer. it means Cellphone with a PDA or something built in.

upon further tests with the treo 700 which is windows mobile platform, if you strip out all infortmation asside from pure adddress, street city state, etc . it WILL upload, otherwise an error occurs if there is information such as photos or something, experiment to see what combo works, its the same IR interface drivers.