: Spring Break Plans?

fpmesiIII
03-07-06, 04:33 PM
i definitely want to go south. so i dont have to wear my parka. just shorts and a t shirt and sandals. im thinking florida (specifically miami beach) because i have never been to florida in my life. any recommendations from you southerners?

Kev
03-07-06, 04:43 PM
Spring Break Plans?

Yeah, mine are; steer clear of all college age kids!

fpmesiIII
03-07-06, 04:47 PM
haha you dont want to party with us kev? im sure there will be a few nice blondes floating around.

Kev
03-07-06, 05:29 PM
haha you dont want to party with us kev? im sure there will be a few nice blondes floating around.Yeah, my wife would love that! No, I'm afraid my party days of that nature ended for me about 25 years ago. You have all the fun you can handle though. I'd just prefer a nice quiet weekend watching my grass grow. :)

Jonas McFeely
03-07-06, 05:43 PM
i definitely want to go south. so i dont have to wear my parka. just shorts and a t shirt and sandals. im thinking florida (specifically miami beach) because i have never been to florida in my life. any recommendations from you southerners?

I personally HATE South Beach,i was there for spring break of '05 and it was horrible.Me and my friend Andrea drove down there in my Brougham which was a great trip,very comfortable.We got there,and our friends house that we were staying with smelled like shit,she had all sorts of cats and dogs and didnt pick up after them.It was terrible.I was 17 at the time,and it was not fun at all because i couldnt do anything like drink or go into clubs or anything.But that wasnt the main reason it was bad,its was just sooooo HOT!I've lived in central florida my whole life,and nothing compare to the heat down there,i dont know what it is,its almost unbearable.

The beaches down there are rediculously over crowded and dirty.EVERYTHING is overpriced,anything from food to cigarette lighters,youname it,its overprice,but your from NY so youre probably used to that.It was just a miserable time for me.If you have the money(seriously) and are old enough to drink and get yourself a nice hotel to stay in,i could see how it would be cool.There is still the heat though.My suggestion is Daytona.
The day me and my friend got back from Miami,we rode out to Daytona and got a little hotel room with some other friends right on the strip.It was great.Lots of weird and fun encounters.

As for this Spring Break,it's Daytona again.This time with a larger group,and with more money and better laid out plans.WHOOO SPRING BREAK!

SpeedyArizona
03-07-06, 06:35 PM
I was thinking about going to Mexico and party with all the college-age girls...but then I woke up and remembered I needed to work:D. I did it "back in the day", but I'm a tad too old now. Good times, hope you have fun!

slk230mb
03-07-06, 08:01 PM
I'm going to head to Maryland for a few days to visit my cousin and her little kids. I have no desire to head to one of the hot spots, call me the exception, not the rule.

illumina
03-08-06, 12:24 AM
Spring Break Plans?

Well, I'm a college guy, but I'm also well over the college-age of the normal college kid...By a few years...

Actually though, I was planning on a trip to either New York City, Philly, or Chi-town. Without one job at the moment, I'll have some free time, but I still have business contracts to honor...

We'll see how it all goes...

davesdeville
03-08-06, 05:05 AM
I might going to visit a couple friends in Phoenix, then maybe head down to Nogales or possibly Tijuana/San Diego area.

Kev
03-08-06, 10:37 AM
Spring Break Plans?

Well, I'm a college guy, but I'm also well over the college-age of the normal college kid...By a few years...

Actually though, I was planning on a trip to either New York City, Philly, or Chi-town. Without one job at the moment, I'll have some free time, but I still have business contracts to honor...

We'll see how it all goes...For you Mike, I would make an exception. I think you and I might get along pretty well together.

Jonas McFeely
03-08-06, 11:37 AM
Life is short.You old geezers need to get out and party! Its spring break!

Sandy
03-08-06, 01:26 PM
Plans for Springtime:
Wash Wax Wash Wax Vacuum Detail tire dressing polish 6 cars to do.

Kev
03-08-06, 01:52 PM
Life is short.You old geezers need to get out and party! Its spring break!Yes, life is short. Remember that! Take advantage (with a modicum of restraint and common sense) of your Spring Breaks while you still have them. When you officially attain 'Old Geezership' you typically no longer get Spring Breaks.

Jonas McFeely
03-08-06, 01:57 PM
Yes, life is short. Remember that! Take advantage (with a modicum of restraint and common sense) of your Spring Breaks while you still have them. When you officially attain 'Old Geezership' you typically no longer get Spring Breaks.

I guess i can understand that to a certain degree.Youre still not all that old though,youve got some partying days left in you,maybe...

Kev
03-08-06, 01:59 PM
I guess i can understand that to a certain degree.Youre still not all that old though,youve got some partying days left in you,maybe...There's plenty of party in me, just no time to do it!