Cadillac Owners Forum banner

M-Sport Brake Rotors vs Hawk Rotors

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PORGUY 
#1 ·
Morning everybody,

I was planning on picking up these Hawk rotors today,
http://www.tdotperformance.ca/hawk-performance-hr4075-sector-27-rotor-front.html?___store=canada
http://www.tdotperformance.ca/hawk-performance-hr4076-sector-27-rotor-rear.html?___store=canada

but after talking to some people and doing some more investigating, I had two friends recommend M-Sport Rotors. Pretty sure they are a Canadian company & the reviews on their product is fantastic. Just looking to get opinions on either set of rotors as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new set anytime. Has anyone ever used those Hawk rotors or tried out the M-Sports?

Also if anyone has a certain pad in mind that works great with our V's I'm all ears to that also, that tdotperformance site has so many options it makes it difficult to narrow it down to one exact set so hearing your guys' experience perhaps would certainly help.

Thanks V Nation!

#2 ·
Personally I'm against buying cross drilled or dimpled rotors. Its just adding weakpoints to the rotors. If you want the "cool factor" look I've heard positive things on this forum and outside of it on EBC Rotors. Can you post up a link to the M-Sport rotors, I've never heard of the company before. As someone who is about to change his rear rotors and pads I'm beginning to shop around too. To date I've always gone to Rockauto and bought the premium OE replacments. Solid rotors with cooling veins in between. I've never had an issue. Brakes are sometimes over-thought. Its best to KISS.

#4 ·
Personally I'm against buying cross drilled or dimpled rotors. Its just adding weakpoints to the rotors. If you want the "cool factor" look I've heard positive things on this .
I've had drilled rotors on 5 cars over the last 15 years and never had an issue with them...for the average 98% who drive their car like a normal person and dosent track them they are great,they offer increased wet braking ,less fade,and that totally cool factor.
Most of the time when there is a problem with them its in manufacturing ,sometimes the metal gets hard and weak spots ,part of the molding process.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.