: 2.4 GHZ cordless phone radiation?

Ralph
01-07-04, 01:50 PM
I bought one of these yesterday, and I read something that concerned me after I bought the phone. Supposedly, there have been studies into microwave radiation done, and if you have a 2.4 GHZ phone, you are 1,000 times MORE likely to develop brain tumors than if you have a 900 MHZ cordless phone?! Other studies say there is no concern! I personally would estimate that 70% of households might use cordless technology, in some shape or form, ie. cordless computer modems, keyboards, etc. I love the features on this phone, but am having second thoughts now. (I could use the built-in speakerphone on it, then it is not right against my head)

I would like to know if you think these fears are warrented, or nothing to worry about? I may take the phone back. :confused:

robrr2000
01-07-04, 03:45 PM
I have HaD onee for A whiLE. ANd Notice I doont, anYthing FunNY wyth my braINz.

airbalancer
01-07-04, 05:44 PM
WE bought a 900 mhz phone because we did not want interfear with a 2.4 mhz wireless system for the net. Both the wife and I have wireless cards for our laptops.

elwesso
01-07-04, 09:20 PM
If your not concerned about using cell phones and getting brain tumors, then dont be concerned about this.... Cell phones are equivalent OR WORSE than these phones....

Ralph you need to start worrying about these kinds of thigns!!! :D

As long as you dont have the phone shoved up your ear all day every day, then it doesnt matter..... Its just like Xrays and gamma rays..... They dont do any harm in little quantities, but if you stood under one for hours you might get a tumor....

Another alternative is getting a headset.... Much easier than holding up your arm!! :coolgleam

Ralph
01-07-04, 09:49 PM
Here are some more interesting "facts" I read:

Microwave ovens operate in the 2.4 GHz range because they are a high-powered appliance.

The inventor of the cordless phone (wish the site mentioned his name!) developed a brain tumor, sued his own company, then died!

Dental "full mouth" xrays are equivalent to 250 xrays performed on your body!

Don't mind me I'm just thinking outloud, but it's kinda like when you're a kid and your Mom tells you to not sit too close to the tv, you know there is a reason.

Headsets, they are kind of annoying, but if I keep it, I'm glad I got the built-in speakerphone in the handset. There is a jack for the headset.

Ralph
01-07-04, 09:53 PM
I have HaD onee for A whiLE. ANd Notice I doont, anYthing FunNY wyth my braINz.

mEt toow. hE, he

Ralph
01-07-04, 10:01 PM
WE bought a 900 mhz phone because we did not want interfear with a 2.4 mhz wireless system for the net. Both the wife and I have wireless cards for our laptops.

I've read that the old 25 ch. 49 MHz phones were running into interference with things like baby monitors and other phones as well, so in the last 5 or so years the cordless appliances are getting more and more powerful to "stay ahead" of the competition, as well as to reduce interference. My previous phone was a 900 MHz DSS, the kind that cannot be scanned by someone. (supposedly) Now I am guessing the 2.4 range will become congested with interference from similar products. Have you ever noticed while driving by a hospital, your radar detector goes bezerk because of all the medical instruments emitting frequencies through the airwaves, and through our bodies?! It is not hard to admit or accept IMO, that radiation can and will eventually change the cells in our body to possibly mutate, and not for the better.

robrr2000
01-07-04, 10:44 PM
I bought these for myself for my birthday last year.
http://www.uniden.com/images/images300/TRU5865-2.jpg

Not sure if they are better or worse radiation wise.. but i know as far as range and clarity, they are way better then 900 mhz.(my old phone) i didnt get the 2.4 ghz for the same reason that airbalancer said. wireless networking stuff.

Click for info (http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_productpop.cfm?prd_code=TRU5865-2)

Ralph
01-08-04, 01:55 AM
I bought these for myself for my birthday last year.
http://www.uniden.com/images/images300/TRU5865-2.jpg

Not sure if they are better or worse radiation wise.. but i know as far as range and clarity, they are way better then 900 mhz.(my old phone) i didnt get the 2.4 ghz for the same reason that airbalancer said. wireless networking stuff.

Click for info (http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_productpop.cfm?prd_code=TRU5865-2)

Uniden are supposed to be among the best phones, and I can't believe thats a 5.?GHz. Your heads gonna turn red!! :bighead: I checked the range on my Panasonic and I could make it to the end of the block and beyond!! Did I mention I'm ten flights up!

Ralph
01-10-04, 01:08 AM
Went back today and bought the extended warrenty for 30 bucks, that gives you 2 years of coverage. I know I have not recommended extended warrenties for anything in the past, so you can call me a hippocrit (sp?). My Sanyo only lasted 1.5 years, POS! The new Panasonics have had some bad "chip" issues so thought I would play it safe. I have noticed that electronics are not as reliable as they used to be, or is it just me? Maybe technology is like a luxury car, the more options, the less reliable they are. :confused:

hcvone
01-10-04, 08:51 AM
I remember some years ago that eating peanut butter would cause cancer too, it seems that everything is bad for you in some way. I have 3 cell phones and probably 10 (2.4 & 5.8 Gh) cordless phones in the house and office, although most of my phone calls are done on a corded phone.

kcnewell
01-10-04, 12:15 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!! I'm Gonna DIE!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!? But seriously folks....Think about it Ralphie, People have been using cordless phones for how many years? I know that I ( And countless others ) have been using hand held cell phones since the '80s. Do we all of the sudden hear about this huge rash of brain tumors? NO! The rate of the types of tumors that have been falsely attributed to cell phones and such is consistant with the rate of the same type of tumors prior to the advent of cellular/cordless technology.......Hmmmmmmm! Do I need to explain this? Once again the media latches on to bullsh*t and tries to create news! Your phone is NOT GOING TO KILL YOU!

Ralph
01-11-04, 03:26 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!! I'm Gonna DIE!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!? But seriously folks....Think about it Ralphie, People have been using cordless phones for how many years? I know that I ( And countless others ) have been using hand held cell phones since the '80s. Do we all of the sudden hear about this huge rash of brain tumors? NO! The rate of the types of tumors that have been falsely attributed to cell phones and such is consistant with the rate of the same type of tumors prior to the advent of cellular/cordless technology.......Hmmmmmmm! Do I need to explain this? Once again the media latches on to bullsh*t and tries to create news! Your phone is NOT GOING TO KILL YOU!

Well, ok, if YOU say so KC. ;) :worship:

kcnewell
01-11-04, 03:33 AM
Actually I read a bunch of stuff about this in the A.M.A. Journal It was quite interesting and informative.

Ralph
01-11-04, 03:40 AM
Actually I read a bunch of stuff about this in the A.M.A. Journal It was quite interesting and informative.

YOU read the AMA Journal!!?? :confused: :histeric: Just buggin' ya Dude. Ya, there a lot of studies from Universities, etc. on this subject, and I've come to the conclusion that I am probably more likely to get "flattened" by some truck driver on a cell phone, than the cell phone itself. :canttalk: :D :yawn:

kcnewell
01-11-04, 03:50 AM
YOU read the AMA Journal!!?? :confused: :histeric: Just buggin' ya Dude. Ya, there a lot of studies from Universities, etc. on this subject, and I've come to the conclusion that I am probably more likely to get "flattened" by some truck driver on a cell phone, than the cell phone itself. :canttalk: :D :yawn:

!. I read everything that comes within my reach 'cause I like to KNOW THINGS.

2. I'd never flatten you Ralphie.....You're one of the good guys.

3. If I was gonna flatten someone.....I'd never do it with my truck, Insurance already costs too much and fists are way more fun!

Ralph
01-11-04, 04:00 AM
Likewise. My concern is prob more with the recent findings of carcinogens in farmed salmon. I see something similar happening like mad cow with chicken feed, because there is no real regulation with it. (not like that might help though)

Hey, I gotta have something to whine and complain about, or life would be too boring! :cookoo:

kcnewell
01-11-04, 04:03 AM
Hey, I gotta have something to whine and complain about, or life would be too boring! :cookoo:

F*ckin' Canadians....LOL!

Ralph
01-11-04, 04:10 AM
F*ckin' Canadians....LOL!

:mad: :bouncer: :hitstick: :gungrin: :gun2: :hide:

Vesicant
01-11-04, 03:04 PM
Dont be dissin' Canadians... otherwise... well i donno, what could happen if they get mad?

Reguardless, if you think cordless phones/cell phones put out bad radiation (which they dont), then read the claims about Computer monitors, TV's etc.. anything thats classified as a video transmitter. "Oh its radiation can harm pregnant women" etc... Its a bunch of bull, most of the radiation the screens put out are almost non-detectable!! 0.1 rad's i think it was.

kcnewell
01-11-04, 05:26 PM
Dont be dissin' Canadians... otherwise... well i donno, what could happen if they get mad?

Odds are I won't get shot.....

Mad'lac
01-11-04, 06:23 PM
Odds are I won't get shot.....They might curse you in French and English :histeric:
Maybe even ban you from their country. :histeric:

Vesicant
01-11-04, 09:12 PM
OK OK.... Seriously, lets not make fun of a fellow country and its people... Im alaskan born, and i love canada. Reguardless, wasnt this fourm about people being scared about radiation? Lol

airbalancer
01-11-04, 10:25 PM
They might curse you in French and English :histeric:

Even better, you can not drink our beer , or our Canadian Club:lildevil:

El Dobro
01-11-04, 11:14 PM
Maybe all the Canadian actors will get mad and go back to Canada. Then American actors can get work again. LOL

Back to business. I brought this up on another thread, but it may fit here too. When I used to go to Manhatten when I had my 91 Seville, the remote would not work even if I stood next to the car. As soon as I got away from the city, it worked like nothing happened. Now that's a lot of microwaves floating around to cause that much interference. The residents must be well cooked by now.

Ralph
01-11-04, 11:21 PM
They might curse you in French and English :histeric:

HEY!! Don't be makin' fun of my COUNTRY!! I might get VERY ANGRY WITH YOU, and I'll have to CRY!! That's something no one should have to see. :suspect: :histeric: Plus, I haven't learned to curse in French yet, so be patient. Airbalancer and I will take the French immersion classes real soon! :rolleyes: :yawn: Then you will be sorry! :bouncy: :D

Ralph
01-11-04, 11:26 PM
Maybe all the Canadian actors will get mad and go back to Canada. Then American actors can get work again. LOL

Back to business. I brought this up on another thread, but it may fit here too. When I used to go to Manhatten when I had my 91 Seville, the remote would not work even if I stood next to the car. As soon as I got away from the city, it worked like nothing happened. Now that's a lot of microwaves floating around to cause that much interference. The residents must be well cooked by now.

Ya, you can't even drag Ben Affleck out of that Vancouver strip club, he is starting to embarrass your country. :D He is a good actor, I liked DareDevil, and Pearl Harbor.

I think you are not wrong in your assumptions, because up here they don't even let pregnant women get an x-ray. Also, you know how when you get an x-ray, they put that shield over your family jewels, well, there must be a reason for that too, eh KC??

kcnewell
01-11-04, 11:40 PM
you know how when you get an x-ray, they put that shield over your family jewels, well, there must be a reason for that too, eh KC??

Women don't like to eat radioactive sausage....eh Ralph!

Ralph
01-11-04, 11:49 PM
Women don't like to eat radioactive sausage....eh Ralph!

LOL!! Well, now, I don't know. Remember all those 1950's black and white "horror" movies about the radioactive bomb testing (Nevada) making all those poor little critters REALLY BIG, and then they would attack people?? See KC, you moved to the right place! :histeric: :histeric: :bighead:

airbalancer
01-12-04, 09:12 AM
Airbalancer and I will take the French immersion classes real soon! Then you will be sorry!
I passed grade 9 French because I promised the french teacher I would never take french again!
Ma bell was going to put a cell tower about 20 miles from where I live.The locals did not want it because of radition, looks etc. So the local council would not change the zoning. Ma Bell went to the department of Industry and got a ruling that it was good for business and told them they have builted a large tower so the rest of the cell companies could rent space for their cell sites.
Anyway in ten years all systems will be different , probaby o sending signal off unman planes . The light weight plane with 500 ft wing span( I forget the name)
Any a want to learn spanish so when I go to Cuba, Mexico, Panama and the other resorts I can tell when they are laughing at me.

Ralph
01-14-04, 02:06 AM
Airbalancer and I will take the French immersion classes real soon! Then you will be sorry!
I passed grade 9 French because I promised the french teacher I would never take french again!
Ma bell was going to put a cell tower about 20 miles from where I live.The locals did not want it because of radition, looks etc. So the local council would not change the zoning. Ma Bell went to the department of Industry and got a ruling that it was good for business and told them they have builted a large tower so the rest of the cell companies could rent space for their cell sites.
Anyway in ten years all systems will be different , probaby o sending signal off unman planes . The light weight plane with 500 ft wing span( I forget the name)
Any a want to learn spanish so when I go to Cuba, Mexico, Panama and the other resorts I can tell when they are laughing at me.

In ten years we will probably all have a chip installed in our heads, that will be your cell phone. :bonkers:

In Saskatoon, residents tried to get power lines re-located because of the electrical humm and the supposed after effects of being near a high power source. They mentioned on the news once that people often feel a sense of "peace and calm" when there is a power outage supposedly due to less static or ? flowing through your body. They also mentioned this on CNN I believe regarding 911, when all flights were cancelled. They said the sky actually looked a different (natural?) color because of the lack of chem trails from jets, etc. People felt more calm.