: Tire Balance W Dealer issues

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 09:25 PM
Here's a dealer bone-head for ya.As some of you know I just had the falkin's 255-40-18's put on the car.In my thread I followed up saying my car was shaking bad at 78mph and up.Well today I called the dealer who put the tires on and asked if I could get the car back in the shop to see WTF is wrong.He basically blew me off saying there must be something wrong with the tires.I asked him why I wasn't informed that the tires were bad on friday when I picked up the car.(no answer)He only said that the tires were road force balanced up to 70 mph and that was all he could do,if the car is shaking over 70 mph it's probably the tires.But agreed to get the car in next week.I was charged 110 bucks for changing 4 tires.
Well,I decided to get a second opinion.:want:

Here's the verdict=Dealers a butt-hole:bouncy:

2 of my tires road force balanced over 25-got both under 18
RF 1 1/4 oz=wrong
RR 1/4 oz=wrong
LF 3/4 oz=wrong
LR 7 1/4oz=wrong,can you fn believe this,what retards!:rant2:
To recap,car doesn't shake,love the new tires,calling the dealer tomorrow:want: GEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ

Florian
03-06-06, 09:57 PM
1/2 pound off??? Jeez, Id go get my 110 back and piss on the floor in their bathroom!

F

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 10:06 PM
Keep em coming.I'll be e-mailing this link first thing.I will not flame my service mgr,cool guy!But the inbred,carney,waste of flesh who balanced my tires can lick my arse.Man I took this car up to 125 saturday and the effer about shook off the road.

Florian
03-06-06, 10:20 PM
Carney....thats too funny. Those tire assclowns are the tools who couldnt pass the wrenchin test. Too much sniffin of the bead sealant. Id kick Bozo square in the nads....

F

CIWS
03-06-06, 10:23 PM
Man that sucks dead fish in the azz.
I would definately be making sure they did the job right if they were paid for it. If your service manger has been cool in the past just pass on to him the info you got and I'm sure he'll get it corrected.

Rich H
03-06-06, 10:36 PM
So what was the final weighting on the LR tire after it was re-balanced? I wouldn't accept a tire if it took over 4 ounces to balance it - no matter what the end result is since it will probably wear unevenly. This assumes your wheels are reasonably well balanced before mounting.

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 10:36 PM
Like I said i'll send this link,I trust this dude with my car and this is the only time I have ever had an issue worth mentioning.I won't be insisting I need my money back but I will ask for a free hour of labor or something.These guys are pretty cool,I don't worry about beat rides or some greasy plaid pants wearing slime ball salesmen putting his fn hands on my car.But here again,I could of crashed this car due to this.

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 10:41 PM
So what was the final weighting on the LR tire after it was re-balanced? I wouldn't accept a tire if it took over 4 ounces to balance it - no matter what the end result is since it will probably wear unevenly. This assumes your wheels are reasonably well balanced before mounting.
The LR only took 1/2 oz to balance,and it road force balanced at 1.It is the best of the bunch hands down.The only thing I can figure is they left the weights on and just started from there.There were weights stuck on 2 locations on the outside of the tire and 1 location on the inside of the tire.The guys at Bosleys were just WTF,we have never seen this before=who did this!

Rich H
03-06-06, 10:53 PM
So that explains how you got all that weight on the wheel at once!

Too bad they don't have wheel balancing self service centers - I'd use it.

1MEANV
03-06-06, 10:56 PM
Florian I Like Your Style

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 10:56 PM
I was in the waiting room and the tire guy came and got me and said "I found your shaking problem"He let me stay back there and watch while they did the other 3 tires.

CVP33
03-06-06, 11:14 PM
This reminds me of one of my last trips to Duke Cadillac. And yes they were one of the better ones.

Tech - You know your tires aren't stock?
Me - (thinking DUH!) Yes, I'm aware of that.
Tech - You know those aren't the stock size?
Me - (thinking DUH again) Yes, I'm aware of that as well.
Tech - You know you're actually putting more stress on your rear differential with a larger tire in place of the stock tire size.
Me - :eek: (thinking You know if you guys spent more time reading your tech' manuals and less time figuring out how to decline my warranty claims we'd both be better off. ) walk away speechless.

DILLIGAF
03-06-06, 11:39 PM
Chris-notice how I haven't mentioned their name and won't.If you had these guys wrenching on your V's you might not be in a Hemi right now,but then again my v has been good to me so far.These guys seem to understand how these cars should be driven,and they certainly know how I drive my car and are ok with it.Car has now been deep in triple digits and is smooth as silk.

Florian
03-07-06, 12:01 AM
Cripple Fight!!!!! oh, never mind.

F

DILLIGAF
03-07-06, 12:10 AM
Cripple Fight!!!!! oh, never mind.

FI respect your athoritar:worship:

Florian
03-07-06, 12:42 AM
RP,

Good get! Didnt think anyone would have the chops to pick that up...well done! <putting Gold star on RPs homework!>

F

Rich H
03-07-06, 01:22 AM
My dealer couldn't even mount a new set of new F1 tires on the rims, under warranty when I complained of severe vibration, without screwing up the wheels big time using their "touchless" tire mounting system. They tried one and gave up - ended up replacing all 4 tires AND wheels from a demo CTS V with 300 miles. So I have to give them credit for going a step further than they had to.

However, when I replaced the F1s with RSAs at a Goodyear dealer a few months ago they knew how to mount the EMT tires but didn't know squat about balancing them. The manager tried to tell me that it wasn't necessary to put weights on the inside of the rim - outside only was good enough. I said look at the weights on the stock rims and you'll find weights on both inside and outside for proper dynamic balance. Also, he said a road force balance wasn't necessary and he never did them. He said he guaranteed no vibration.

GUESS WHAT? The lucky SOB was right. Somehow these tires are the cream of the crop and among the smoothest I've had (so far anyway... I haven't rotated them yet).

Moral to the story - sometimes you luck out and get a quality tire that isn't that sensitive to balancing.