: "Pinks" - Reality TV with a twist - check it out!

noahsdad
03-06-06, 05:07 PM
If you get the Speed Channel, be sure to check out "Pinks." It's a raw, low budget reality show where guys bring their cars to a drag strip and race the best three out of five (sometimes two out of three). Here's the twist: Instead of competing for a million dollar prize or getting a makeover, the loser simply has to give the winner his car!

They just started the second season a couple of weeks ago. It's on at 8:30 Wednesday night (EST). Don't bother trying to watch it with your wife/girlfriend. This is a testosterone show.

PAW 47
03-06-06, 05:31 PM
Yeah they've done a several shows here at Orlando Speed World.. it's pretty crazy stuff.

Spittin Game
03-06-06, 05:49 PM
There was one where the guy wanted 35 car lengths headstart:histeric:

Rolex
03-06-06, 08:58 PM
I love that show. Very few people race anything that they're not willing to part with. Personally I'd like to see an episode or two with some high end rides like a Vette, Ferrari, Viper, or Ford GT.....they could probably pay per view that episode! :bouncy:

noahsdad
03-06-06, 09:08 PM
According to the producer's website, they actually will have some serious iron up for grabs this year, including a Ferrari!

Rolex
03-06-06, 09:18 PM
According to the producer's website, they actually will have some serious iron up for grabs this year, including a Ferrari!

Woot! :eek: I can't wait to see that!!! :gnome:

davesdeville
03-07-06, 04:44 AM
Pinks is OK. Usually one guy sandbags the hell out of the other guy and ends up taking carlengths and then gets the other guy's car at the end.

I want to see one where both of them are some kick ass cars that could run 9s, but where both of them sandbag each other to where they're running like 16 second passes...

DaveDeVille
03-07-06, 07:32 AM
Not a bad show but I think they should be straight drags. The idea of giving car lengths is for sissies.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-08-06, 11:44 AM
I thought this show was crap. The host is a little bitch, actin' all tough.
And then the way they give 'slower' car a head start, or tell the fast car not to use nos until 3rd, or some other BS. Why not just make it fair and bracket race? Either it's heads up racing, or its bracket.

If the show is trying to get street cred, its failing big time.

Jonas McFeely
03-08-06, 12:47 PM
I thought this show was crap. The host is a little bitch, actin' all tough.
And then the way they give 'slower' car a head start, or tell the fast car not to use nos until 3rd, or some other BS. Why not just make it fair and bracket race? Either it's heads up racing, or its bracket.

If the show is trying to get street cred, its failing big time.

Dude,you have the coolest name ever.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-09-06, 03:10 PM
Never read that. A ferrari? That is actually something! Maybe they just needed more support for the show to really take off.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-09-06, 03:12 PM
Dude,you have the coolest name ever.
Haha, Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or what, but I've had that one for a couple years now. My gf gave came up with it actually. I liked it, shows my love of my Japanese heritage, but also my love for all things motor and American :)

Jonas McFeely
03-09-06, 03:27 PM
Haha, Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or what, but I've had that one for a couple years now. My gf gave came up with it actually. I liked it, shows my love of my Japanese heritage, but also my love for all things motor and American :)

Nah,not sarcasm at all,i seriously laughed out loud when i saw it.My buddy who posts on other forums name is CraznAznInvazn. I like yours better though.Never heard anyone other than him say Azn.