: Hey WildWhl What's the Latest GC News

Geno
03-06-06, 01:27 PM
How are things going with the GC kit? Anymore issues...:alchi:

wildwhl
03-07-06, 02:04 AM
Geno -

Sorry, this post was rolled to 2nd page, almost missed it.

I'm not having any issues with the GC kit directly. I have a little rattle sound from the passenger rear that I can't seem to isolate. I need to pull the shock and see if that is the culprit, as I've already ruled out the GC components with a few tests. The sound reminds me of the way the BMR trailing arms rattled - spherical bearing rattle.

HANDLING - this car is just such a blast. I'm adjusted to 26.75" front (about) and 27" rear (about). I intend to actually raise the front to match the rear soon as I get a chance. It really rides great. I can't believe it isn't just stiffer than shit - but it isn't. It is like a nice tight, comfy go-kart. I just know a ticket is inbound :sneaky:

None of you will be disappointed, I promise. I need to call GC and give them an update - and more importantly drive over for them to check out the install and handling in person. Weather keeps threatening me. I have the 245/275 GSD3's back on, and don't dare head over the pass with snow on the horizon.

Call GC and bug them...order up...you're going to love this mod.

WW

Dreamin
03-07-06, 02:57 AM
Talked to GC Friday... they are pretty freaked out by WW's shock issue (as they should be). They are designing a new steal sleeve that fits under the spring adjustment sleeve, but "over" the factory clip... so it'll be impossible to repeat WW's failure... even if you have muked around with the factory clip.

The new piece will take "1-2 weeks" to be ready :banghead: ... and they're not going to sell any kits without this retrofit... safety reasons, liabilty reasons, etc.

They did say, as soon the kits are ready... they will immediately post on the forum... HUGE post... no one'll miss it.

Geno
03-07-06, 08:52 AM
Thanks WildWhl and Dreamin'!!! I really appreciate the feedback. I've got a brand new set of Eibach's sitting in the garage, but 'am definitely waiting for the GC kit.

I've been calling GC on a scheduled basis and they are definitely not going to release this kit till it's right. I'm eagerly waiting... and hopefully will be reading the forum at the appropriate time. GC won't start taking orders until the kit is proven and they are stocked.

My plan was to have the springs installed for the upcoming track events in March/April @ VIR....we'll see.

My greatest fear is that I will be in the second tier of orders. I NEED THIS MOD....
:alchi: :bighead:

SilverV
03-07-06, 10:56 AM
what is cost going to be on the new version ?

Dreamin
03-07-06, 02:53 PM
No change in price... i dont know what price they will settle on... when i talked to them initially, price was going to be $499.

calicadi
03-07-06, 08:15 PM
Actually the slight delay is fine. Gives us two weeks to finalize choices for end links. I'm picking up my Jongbloed rims w/BFG KD's on Friday, I'll see if they have any recommendations, take some measurements and post back.

I'm OK waiting for a more bullet-proof model, but like Geno... got a date a Thunderhill April 28 and really want this put together by then. Turn 3 will be a bear without GC!

Dreamin
03-07-06, 09:37 PM
Welcome back... Did you get your race license?? :worship:

wildwhl
03-08-06, 01:46 AM
Good idea on GC's part for the lower safety sleeve...wonder where they got it :hmm:

Glad to hear they're going forward. I really like the kit.

Thanks Dreamin.

WW

rgd
03-09-06, 02:10 PM
[quote=wildwhl]Geno -

HANDLING - this car is just such a blast. I'm adjusted to 26.75" front (about) and 27" rear (about). I intend to actually raise the front to match the rear soon as I get a chance. It really rides great. I can't believe it isn't just stiffer than shit - but it isn't. It is like a nice tight, comfy go-kart. I just know a ticket is inbound :sneaky:

Wldwhl, how are you measuring; from the ground to the highest point of your fender?

calicadi
03-09-06, 08:05 PM
Welcome back... Did you get your race license?? :worship:

Yes I did! Had to do it in the MotherGrabbing rain, too! Finished 13th (now a lucky number number for me) in our "Final Exam" race. Managed to pass a 911 and a couple other cars that I could not even catch in the dry on Saturday. Secret weapon... a well-prepared Spec Miata from Off-Camber Racing (luv those guys!), Toyo Proxes RA1's and a rear sway bar completely disconnected to soften up the rear. I'll post some pics when the CD arrives.:thumbsup:

Dreamin
03-09-06, 08:51 PM
We are not worthy... :worship:

wildwhl
03-10-06, 12:35 AM
[quote=wildwhl]Geno -

Wldwhl, how are you measuring; from the ground to the highest point of your fender?

Yes, but a better, more repeatable measurement is probably to the bottom of the airdam in front (rubber skirt) and to the bottom of the rear bumper skin. Of course, I don't know what my numbers are, just thinking with my fingers.

WW

rgd
03-10-06, 12:45 AM
Yes I did! Had to do it in the MotherGrabbing rain, too! Finished 13th (now a lucky number number for me) in our "Final Exam" race. Managed to pass a 911 and a couple other cars that I could not even catch in the dry on Saturday. Secret weapon... a well-prepared Spec Miata from Off-Camber Racing (luv those guys!), Toyo Proxes RA1's and a rear sway bar completely disconnected to soften up the rear. I'll post some pics when the CD arrives.:thumbsup:

Congratulations !! :thumbsup:

rgd
03-10-06, 12:57 AM
[quote=rgd]

Yes, but a better, more repeatable measurement is probably to the bottom of the airdam in front (rubber skirt) and to the bottom of the rear bumper skin. Of course, I don't know what my numbers are, just thinking with my fingers.

WW

Damn, I guess that means my car is low at 25.75 front and 26 plus a butt hair in back! I am running Falken Azinas Rt615, 255/40 R18 which will account for some of the low height but...

I was looking at Dreamins origional post on the GC kit. In it he says GC came up with the optimul height or 26 7/8" front and back. I wonder if that meams I should be 26 7?8" less the height difference between tires when riding a lower profile tire?? My guess would be yes within reason. (whatever that is)

I am trying to get the car set up as best as possible suing spacers etc until the GC kit comes available. I have QA1's with H&R springs on 4 corners so height is all over the map compared to stock shock cars.

wildwhl
03-10-06, 01:04 AM
I find I have interference issues over rough transitions (read - rubbing) in the front at anything below about 26.5". Even now at (wherever I am, I forget, but above that) I've heard the right front contact a time or two (very rough surface, 20 mph right hand turn).

You're slammed, RGD, and I bet it LOOKS great. How does it HANDLE AND RIDE?

WW

Dreamin
03-10-06, 01:39 AM
The best way to measure is from the bottom of the *wheel*, i.e.stick the tape measure on the lower metal 'lip' of the wheel, thru the center line of the wheel, up to the fender. That way, you eliminate tire height, tire tread depth, etc.

rgd
03-10-06, 01:50 AM
I find I have interference issues over rough transitions (read - rubbing) in the front at anything below about 26.5". Even now at (wherever I am, I forget, but above that) I've heard the right front contact a time or two (very rough surface, 20 mph right hand turn).

You're slammed, RGD, and I bet it LOOKS great. How does it HANDLE AND RIDE?

WW

It looks Ok; I am more into the handling aspect though. I used to be slammed. I was probably another 1/2 to 3/4 lower before. Both fender wells have rubbed thru to metal and the front rt fender has a little tweek. I have not been rubbing at all for a while, but I'm afraid to really hammer the turns, nothing above 1.05 G cornering. That is why I need to fix this. At a recent LS track day at the bottom of the lft/rt the frame was bouncing off the tires. Ooopps... Ride is not bad, handles great but I know it could be better. My tail is about 1/2 or higher than the front and I know that adds to over-steer which is the norm anyway.

It's still work in progress. I want to finish the suspension so I can move on to the Power Mods.