: Giving up the CTS-V and getting an STS-V!

Clintonwmills
03-06-06, 01:32 PM
I am trading in my CTS-V on Wednesday and getting an STS-V. I am very excited and will keep you posted on pictures, 1/4 mile times, etc.

Thanks!

CaddyGeek
03-06-06, 02:15 PM
When do you expect the new car to arrive?!

Clintonwmills
03-06-06, 02:22 PM
flying out on Wednesday and driving it home!

SRT8/BMW
03-06-06, 11:31 PM
I am dying to hear testemonials on the car..have you test driven?? I am soo close to pulling the trigger but the dealer I am near won't allow a test drive..

XLRvman
03-06-06, 11:58 PM
Gents drove one the other day-really tough to get them to let me drive it
Wild & fast, though I was asked not to push it hard--could not sence or hear the SC unless near max boost, the exhaust notes were sweet!
After ride immedialtey decided to switch from the XLRV, which I had paced an order ~2 years ago, to the STSV. Way more comfortable and right there in speed.
Am trading my current 04 XLR in on the V. Must say that I drove an SRT8 which was hot too, just could not bring myself to buy a car from a foreign company.
Picking up a Silver Ext / Silver Guts on Wed or Thursday--will advise driving impression without the dealer around.

davesdeville
03-07-06, 03:21 AM
I am trading in my CTS-V on Wednesday and getting an STS-V. I am very excited and will keep you posted on pictures, 1/4 mile times, etc.

Thanks!

I can't wait to see some good 1/4 mile time reports.

Dooman
03-07-06, 09:13 AM
I can't wait to see some good 1/4 mile time reports.
I am most interested in the times from about 30 to 90mph.... real world, entrance ramp stuff. Long 360 around a toll ramp and on to the highways....

Clintonwmills
03-08-06, 12:09 PM
I am leaving for airport in 10 mintues to pick it up.

I have not test drove it or seen it in real life. This is the first time i bought without looking but i love my ctsv so much i dont see any problems.

Clintonwmills
03-08-06, 12:11 PM
by the way my friend is coming with me and he is getting the XLR-V from the same place. I will get pictures

gothicaleigh
03-08-06, 07:36 PM
Both picking up at the same time? The dealer is going to be tripping over themselves. You're going to make their year.

I must say that I am extremely jealous. I don't envy the drive home with your friend though, it would be nigh impossible to resist the urge to open those things up when side by side on the interstate. :devilheh:

Have fun! :D

Kadonny
03-09-06, 10:40 AM
Both picking up at the same time? The dealer is going to be tripping over themselves. You're going to make their year.

I must say that I am extremely jealous. I don't envy the drive home with your friend though, it would be nigh impossible to resist the urge to open those things up when side by side on the interstate. :devilheh:

Have fun! :D

Break in is a bitch!

Clintonwmills
03-09-06, 02:35 PM
Okay i got it home safe and sound with no tickets around 2am! It was great coming home, but it rain all the way home! No fun. I have 500 miles now and yes the dealer loved it. I got up to 120 on a dry spot just for fun. We really didn't get to line them up much but we got one race. Pretty close. The problem is from a stop the tires wont grab traction right now. I will keep you posted through the process.

CVP33
03-09-06, 08:23 PM
That is one happy salesman! Over $175,000 in Cadillacs! You made his day. :highfive:

Clintonwmills
03-10-06, 09:32 AM
If anyone needs this, it is Massey Cadillac in Detroit, talk to Mike Wilson and tell him Clinton sent you, he can give you a good deal.

harryctsv
03-11-06, 10:49 AM
Okay i got it home safe and sound with no tickets around 2am! It was great coming home, but it rain all the way home! No fun. I have 500 miles now and yes the dealer loved it. I got up to 120 on a dry spot just for fun. We really didn't get to line them up much but we got one race. Pretty close. The problem is from a stop the tires wont grab traction right now. I will keep you posted through the process.
Congrats Clinton,
I wished I could drive a new V back home but here in Germany it will not be available before spring 07.
I love them both, the XLR V as a power sports car and the STS V as a power sedan. Nice pics you took!

Harry

Lanman
03-11-06, 09:40 PM
I can only imagine the number of looks you guys got on the way home. :thumbsup:

Devil_concours
03-12-06, 07:36 PM
how is it compared to cts-v

Clintonwmills
03-14-06, 04:11 PM
Both good cars, but after driving the STS-V when i get in the CTS-V it seems really shacking and just seems like an entirely different car. The STS-V is so smooth and no rattles.

XLRvman
03-14-06, 05:53 PM
Agree 100%--in my case my 04 XLR rattled even after several visits to my excellent dealer.
The STSV is rattle free, comfortable to drive and a rocket all at the same time!

3rdstreet
03-15-06, 01:46 AM
congrats on your new V! Thanks for the info.

VELOSE
03-24-06, 04:25 PM
Maybe I need to payoff my Audi early. The STS-V sounds like it needs to be parked side by side to the CTS-V.:devil:

Falkolade
03-26-06, 07:25 PM
hot car... i have been thinking about trading in my cts-v... seems odd but i am actually sick of the manual... at first i loved it... now its just too much work... haha

sweet rides...

obzidian
04-26-06, 06:36 PM
i know it might be a bit to much, but can you give a short yet detailed review between your experience between the your cts-v and the sts-v.

I absolutely love the interior of th sts-v and my only wish it that it can with that sweet cruise control feature that the stst has. Im not sure what it is called but is the one where in curise control, the car will slow down to compensate for any car that gets to close in front.

Anyways, thanks in advance!!

Angel

Clintonwmills
04-28-06, 11:18 PM
i know it might be a bit to much, but can you give a short yet detailed review between your experience between the your cts-v and the sts-v.

I absolutely love the interior of th sts-v and my only wish it that it can with that sweet cruise control feature that the stst has. Im not sure what it is called but is the one where in cruise control, the car will slow down to compensate for any car that gets to close in front.

Anyways, thanks in advance!!

Angel

I love the STS-v. Like i said they are both good cars. The cruise control was removed from the sts-v (I was very sad to see that) so i will not get to use that feature. My brother has an XLR and it is an awesome feature. I like both the CTS-V and STS-V a lot, but overall i think the STS-V is better. It handles great and feels good. It rides so good, no rattles at all. It just seems like a much more expensive car.

ctsvett
04-30-06, 12:24 AM
It just seems like a much more expensive car.

uhhh.. It is... HAHA..

I was wondreing why you were so quiet on the CTS-V forum clinton... welcome back and congrats!

Reed

Clintonwmills
05-05-06, 03:28 PM
uhhh.. It is... HAHA..

I was wondreing why you were so quiet on the CTS-V forum clinton... welcome back and congrats!

Reed

Just way to busy, and it was to much for me to keep up with.

Something has to pay for these cars and this forum isnt doing it!

cruzajc1
06-26-06, 12:02 AM
What do you guys do for a living. I'm retiring from the USAF after 20 years and opening up a nightclub in Valdosta, GA www.chinadollonline.com. if things go as well as I think they will, my problem will be ...XLR-V, CTS-V or STS-V. Owning the 96 STS I'm partial to the N* Enjoy your rides, i'll have one soon.

Gus

harryctsv
06-26-06, 09:40 AM
[quote=cruzajc1]What do you guys do for a living. I'm retiring from the USAF after 20 years and opening up a nightclub in Valdosta, GA www.chinadollonline.com (http://www.chinadollonline.com). if things go as well as I think they will, my problem will be ...XLR-V, CTS-V or STS-V. Owning the 96 STS I'm partial to the N* Enjoy your rides, i'll have one soon.

Gus[/quote
Hi Gus, if you don`t need more than two seats get the XLR V, a great automobile and the fastest Caddy.

Hans

03aleroj
07-16-06, 11:38 PM
Congrats on your sts-v! I havent had mine a week and I still cant belive it. I know what the feeling is like when you finally are able to drive it off the lot.. I was like a kid on christmas morning when we were doing the paperwork, I couldnt want to be handed the key (well, key fob:) ) and drive off. During the test drive (That I practicley had to beg for) I had to drive like an old lady, and acctually got asked if we could head back to the dealer a few times because I was a little to lead footed I Guess. (Hey, when your driving a car like that, its hard not to be). Im sure your friend will be happy with the XLR-V as well, its another awsome car. I would have checked it out a little bit more but its really not practical for me at the moment, plus the dealer would absolutly not let me test drive the only one they had. I wish you many years of enjoyment and hope your as excited as I am!

WGT31
07-22-06, 11:33 AM
Clinton do u happen to live in BG KY?

Clintonwmills
12-28-06, 12:37 AM
yes i live in bg ky

Dr. Design
12-28-06, 12:31 PM
Congrats on the new car!!! The STS V-Series is an amazing vehicle and one that is not given all the credit and accolades it deserves. When you are over the initial shock of 469HP give us a call and we will help you bump it to 500HP! :D Again congrats on a great vehicle!!!
Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac