: Dealer Rear Diff Replacement ????

SilverV
03-06-06, 12:11 PM
I am about to take mine in for its first Diff. replacement, does anyone know if they are still trying to install the old version 04/05 diff.

Do I need to make sure and request the 06 version, or is that the official replacement now, anyone know ?

Thanks !

stkshkr
03-06-06, 01:23 PM
Official replacement

SilverV
03-06-06, 01:48 PM
cool, I was hoping they would just put the 06 version in, and I would not have to argue to keep from getting left over stock on 04/05 diff's.

CIWS
03-06-06, 01:53 PM
Hey SilverV, once you get it done I would be interested in hearing which dealership you went to and how your experience was with them on the replacement. :)

SilverV
03-06-06, 01:58 PM
I am thinking of taking it to Crest, I really do not know who to take it to either, so this is going to be an experiment. I have no relationship with any Caddy dealers in the DFW area :confused: , but they are close to my house, and I have not heard anything Bad about them.

If anyone whats to chime in with recomendations I would appreaciate it.

Flyboy
03-06-06, 02:01 PM
Make sure it is warranty (AHEAD OF TIME!!!). The dealer here in Michigan would NOT change mine under warranty. Said I abused it!!! WTF.......

Good Luck...

Ryan's '05-V
03-06-06, 07:01 PM
I just got mine replaced under warranty with no issue at all and didn't say anything about the updated diff as I have read so much about it being the norm now. I did indeed receive the new diff and just need to break it in now. I also got a new clutch from a previous TSB so my new dealer is taking good care of me.
Flyboy, your dealer that I left seems to have a little different take on repairs for some reason. Did you get the Maggie installed yet?

SilverV, if you are getting a new one under warranty just be nice and break it in and you will be all set (for a little while at least). Good luck!

BADAZGN
03-06-06, 07:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is the 06 diff that much better? And how can you tell the differance between them? Thanks

Matthew

austin
03-06-06, 07:38 PM
>Just out of curiosity, why is the 06 diff that much better?

:yeah: I would like to know what the differance is as well, as of yet, I have not seen any proof that is any better... BTW, I don't consider a part number change to be proof alone..... Others here have already blown through an 06 differential already.... So that alone should say something.

I, myself, am more upset about the 06's getting larger diameter halfshafts. We (04/05 owners) have the same 400/395 rating as on the 06 motor... But, now, GM decides for 06, it needs thicker halfshafts... What about us 04/05 owners with the same power rating? Do you realy think we don't need the larger diameter halfshafts as well? Their should be TSB/Recall for the halfshafts so we can get them. More GM tom-foolery..

Florian
03-06-06, 08:18 PM
>Just out of curiosity, why is the 06 diff that much better?

:yeah: I would like to know what the differance is as well, as of yet, I have not seen any proof that is any better... BTW, I don't consider a part number change to be proof alone..... Others here have already blown through an 06 differential already.... So that alone should say something.

I, myself, am more upset about the 06's getting larger diameter halfshafts. We (04/05 owners) have the same 400/395 rating as on the 06 motor... But, now, GM decides for 06, it needs thicker halfshafts... What about us 04/05 owners with the same power rating? Do you realy think we don't need the larger diameter halfshafts as well? Their should be TSB/Recall for the halfshafts so we can get them. More GM tom-foolery..

Tom foolery indeed. I feel hoodwinked and bamboozled! True chicanery....now pass me a sasparilla.

F

keeksv
03-06-06, 08:31 PM
Tom foolery indeed. I feel hoodwinked and bamboozled! True chicanery....now pass me a sasparilla.

F

...a travesty of a mockery of a sham...:want:

Florian
03-06-06, 08:49 PM
...a travesty of a mockery of a sham...:want:

All in good fun...now wheres that telegram Im expecting by Pony express??? I thought those new fangled "steam locomotives" were supposed to speed things up a bit....

F