: Adding stock center tv/dvd combo?

doit
03-05-06, 11:27 PM
Hello all.
I was curious if anyone knows if the stock panasonic tv/dvd combo would bolt directly in my 03? i have the navigation standard in mine.
and if not then any tips on mounting it to the roof?
thanks in advance.

hornyjuan
03-06-06, 12:22 AM
Are you talking about the rear entertainment system? You might run into issues with the dome lights/rear ac controls. You'll need to take off the rear ac controls and get a screen bracket and mold it to fit to the headliner. Don't know if you are talking about a dvd player for your front system?

doit
03-06-06, 11:45 PM
Are you talking about the rear entertainment system? You might run into issues with the dome lights/rear ac controls. You'll need to take off the rear ac controls and get a screen bracket and mold it to fit to the headliner. Don't know if you are talking about a dvd player for your front system?I am refering to the rear entertainment system. I know I will lose the dome light which i think is a fair trade off.
anyone?

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-07-06, 06:21 PM
You actually don't have to lose the dome light. If the type of entertainment system you are going to buy doesn't specifically matter, then look for a system that has lights already installed with the package. Many entertainment systems come with lights built in which can be turned on with the switch of a button. I'm pretty sure it can be wired to turn on with the other interior lights as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

doit
03-07-06, 10:57 PM
The entertainment system i already purchased is the factory OEM panasonic unit. I was un the assumption that my escalade would have the stock mounted holes under the headliner but to my suprise it didnt. so i was wanting to see if anyone had installed this OEM unit into a escalde that didnt come one from factory and what you had to do to mount it.
thanks!

hornyjuan
03-07-06, 11:37 PM
Mounting holes aren't a problem. You'll need to drill new screws but you'll need the trim ring for the dvd/screen unit. Hopefully it came with the trim ring pre-molded or your going to need to get a black marker and a dremel and start marking and cutting. Once you've got the fit for the trim ring (because the headliner isn't completely flat) drill screws into the headliner and mount the dvd/screen.

jrs05caddyext
03-08-06, 10:36 AM
:yeah: I had an aftermarket 12" TV flip down in my old 02. It was pretty simple just removed the dome light and screwed the monitor in place.

loanman
03-08-06, 04:00 PM
:yeah: I had an aftermarket 12" TV flip down in my old 02. It was pretty simple just removed the dome light and screwed the monitor in place.

Hey this is a little off topic but I like the picture of your truck in your response! What size wheels are those and what percent of tint do you have on your windows? I am getting ready to do the tint thing and am looking at what I want percentage wise! Do you live in Cali?

jrs05caddyext
03-08-06, 04:27 PM
Hey this is a little off topic but I like the picture of your truck in your response! What size wheels are those and what percent of tint do you have on your windows? I am getting ready to do the tint thing and am looking at what I want percentage wise! Do you live in Cali?

Sorry:Offtopic:

That was a picture of the 2002 I had before it got jacked. Those were 26" DUB Big Homie rims with a little Photoshop added. I'm not sure about the tint I just asked for limo when I got it done. I currently have 5% on my silver EXT. For more pictures http://www.cardomain.com/ride/847339/2 (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/847339/2) and I do live in Cali

loanman
03-08-06, 05:26 PM
Sorry:Offtopic:

That was a picture of the 2002 I had before it got jacked. Those were 26" DUB Big Homie rims with a little Photoshop added. I'm not sure about the tint I just asked for limo when I got it done. I currently have 5% on my silver EXT. For more pictures http://www.cardomain.com/ride/847339/2 (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/847339/2) and I do live in Cali

did you ever get pulled over fot the tint? I am trying to go limo in the back windows and 15% on the front 2 but everyone is telling me cause it's an escalade I will probably get popped! how much did you pay for your big homies? they look good on the black.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-08-06, 05:29 PM
Those were 26" DUB Big Homie rims with a little Photoshop added.

Just wondering about the photoshop. Did you photoshop the ride height of your truck so it looks slammed? Haha. Obviously you did a good job if I can't even tell what was changed.

Thanks.

jrs05caddyext
03-08-06, 05:34 PM
Yea I got puller over once but itís only a $15dollar fix-a-ticket. I paid $5,300 for the 26s.

Just wondering about the Photoshop. Did you Photoshop the ride height of your truck so it looks slammed? Haha. Obviously you did a good job if I can't even tell what was changed.

Someone photoshoped it for me a while ago.

loanman
03-08-06, 05:37 PM
Yea I got puller over once but it’s only a $15dollar fix-a-ticket. I paid $5,300 for the 26s.

Someone photoshoped it for me a while ago.

did you then have to pull the tint off after that? Thanks for the info both your rides look great! Where did you buy the wheels at? That seems like a pretty good price!

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-08-06, 05:42 PM
did you then have to pull the tint off after that? Thanks for the info both your rides look great! Where did you buy the wheels at? That seems like a pretty good price!

It's not a big deal to get a fix-a-ticket. Don't even bother taking the tint off. The cops usually don't care too much about your tint, but if you are doing something illegal like speeding and they happen to pull you over, they usually will ticket you on the tint too. It is rare that a cop will pull you over because of suspicion of tint.

Thanks.

Synergetic
03-09-06, 03:28 AM
It's not a big deal to get a fix-a-ticket. Don't even bother taking the tint off. The cops usually don't care too much about your tint, but if you are doing something illegal like speeding and they happen to pull you over, they usually will ticket you on the tint too. It is rare that a cop will pull you over because of suspicion of tint.

Thanks.

I'm pulling my front tint, either tomorrow or Friday. I have to peel the vinyl stickers on my front windshield and put my front license plate on, temporarily to get my ticket signed off. It SUCKS, but I'd rather do that than pay a $400 fine they set it at, if I don't have it done by the 13th.

Dumb@ss cop, pulled me over in front of my freakin' house and gave me this ticket. Causin me all this trouble! I forget what the percent is at and I love the percent its currently at. OH WELL!

I guess the donut shop was out of the rainbow sprinkles that day.
Sorry - had to, he was a hater!!! I swear! :tisk::)

Yeah, for real !!
$5,300 is a smokin' deal, considering the tires run $4,500 ALONE!

jrs05caddyext
03-09-06, 09:30 AM
Yeah, for real !!

Yea it was a great deal while it lasted. This guy can hook it up. Two weeks ago he was selling 26" TIS04s and the Lexani Roma 3pc wheels with tires near new condition for 5K.

loanman
03-09-06, 12:56 PM
Yea it was a great deal while it lasted. This guy can hook it up. Two weeks ago he was selling 26" TIS04s and the Lexani Roma 3pc wheels with tires near new condition for 5K.

does he still sell wheels? Can you PM me with his info? I am looking for 26's.

loanman
03-09-06, 01:00 PM
I'm pulling my front tint, either tomorrow or Friday. I have to peel the vinyl stickers on my front windshield and put my front license plate on, temporarily to get my ticket signed off. It SUCKS, but I'd rather do that than pay a $400 fine they set it at, if I don't have it done by the 13th.

Dumb@ss cop, pulled me over in front of my freakin' house and gave me this ticket. Causin me all this trouble! I forget what the percent is at and I love the percent its currently at. OH WELL!

I guess the donut shop was out of the rainbow sprinkles that day.
Sorry - had to, he was a hater!!! I swear! :tisk::)

Yeah, for real !!

Synergetic,
did you get pulled over for just that or were you speeding or something? I swear I am getting 20% on my fronts today to match the factory rear tint and I just know as soon as it's done they will look at my escalade and cause it is black and on 24's I am automatically going to get popped by some cop with nothing better to do! You know that is why you got popped.

RobertJoseph17
03-09-06, 02:55 PM
Yeah that really is a good deal, do you know if you could get me your guys' information as well. My e-mail is RobertJoseph17@gmail.com

toneman
03-09-06, 04:35 PM
Hello all.
I was curious if anyone knows if the stock panasonic tv/dvd combo would bolt directly in my 03? i have the navigation standard in mine.
and if not then any tips on mounting it to the roof?
thanks in advance.
Which factory Panasonic DVD unit do you have (or are referring to)? I ask because in '04 GM came out with one that is meant for fullsize SUVs with the moonroof; the one available in '03 (and earlier?) is meant to mount in a vehicle w/ no moonroof.

Synergetic
03-09-06, 06:45 PM
Synergetic,
did you get pulled over for just that or were you speeding or something? I swear I am getting 20% on my fronts today to match the factory rear tint and I just know as soon as it's done they will look at my escalade and cause it is black and on 24's I am automatically going to get popped by some cop with nothing better to do! You know that is why you got popped.

No way! I was pulling up to my house. He was hiding on a side street because everybody runs the stop signs on my home street. I made a complete stop at the stop sign 100 feet away from my house, saw him hiding (said to myself SH!T) and drove to my house, pulled over and got out. He pulled up all dramatic in front of my neighbors, made his siren noise and turned on all his lights. Told me to get back in my car and made a HUGE deal! Asked me where I lived and I told him he pulled me over in front of my freakin' house!

Its all these kiddies in high school with their new parent bought cars that are tinting their windows to point where you can't see in or out, and cops are jumping on everybody because of it. But f*ck them! Once I get my ticket signed off, i'm going to my boy to get my windows re-tinted.

Synergetic
03-09-06, 06:48 PM

Who is the guy? Just curious...

loanman
03-09-06, 07:22 PM
No way! I was pulling up to my house. He was hiding on a side street because everybody runs the stop signs on my home street. I made a complete stop at the stop sign 100 feet away from my house, saw him hiding (said to myself SH!T) and drove to my house, pulled over and got out. He pulled up all dramatic in front of my neighbors, made his siren noise and turned on all his lights. Told me to get back in my car and made a HUGE deal! Asked me where I lived and I told him he pulled me over in front of my freakin' house!
Its all these kiddies in high school with their new parent bought cars that are tinting their windows to point where you can't see in or out, and cops are jumping on everybody because of it. But f*ck them! Once I get my ticket signed off, i'm going to my boy to get my windows re-tinted.

That is what I was afraid of, and like you said I am only 2minutes from where you live so I can't imagine it will be long before they pop me but FU@K em I will do the same thing and get the tint right back on ! Good Luck to ya!

Synergetic
03-10-06, 02:26 AM
That is what I was afraid of, and like you said I am only 2minutes from where you live so I can't imagine it will be long before they pop me but FU@K em I will do the same thing and get the tint right back on ! Good Luck to ya!

Good luck to you too man. And we should hook up and introduce eachother before I move to Southern California. It would be cool to check out your ride and meet another Cadillac Forums member.

loanman
03-12-06, 07:30 PM
Good luck to you too man. And we should hook up and introduce eachother before I move to Southern California. It would be cool to check out your ride and meet another Cadillac Forums member.

Hey definately, I would love to see your truck up close! Where are you moving to?

Synergetic
03-13-06, 04:38 AM
Hey definately, I would love to see your truck up close! Where are you moving to?

Down to Corona, CA and will be working out of the Lexani/Asanti Wheels building. Let me know when you want to hook up, or i'll shoot you a private message on the forums. Take care bro!

And by the way, I removed my front tint, vinyls and had to put the front license plate on! :mad: It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but i'm going to court tomorrow to get this cleared and then its going straight in to get tinted again. And i'm going limo all around, including windshield - just for the haters! :)

loanman
03-13-06, 02:32 PM
Down to Corona, CA and will be working out of the Lexani/Asanti Wheels building. Let me know when you want to hook up, or i'll shoot you a private message on the forums. Take care bro!

And by the way, I removed my front tint, vinyls and had to put the front license plate on! :mad: It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but i'm going to court tomorrow to get this cleared and then its going straight in to get tinted again. And i'm going limo all around, including windshield - just for the haters! :)

Good for you! Working with Lexani/Asanti should be a huge benefit for ya! Pm me when you get some time and we will set it up.