: Bose Wiring Harness

APatterson
03-04-06, 07:34 PM
Anyone know where I can get a copy of what the hell every wire is for in that harness? I do not have access to a voltometer and I need to find a remote wire to hook an aftermarket amp up to... I dont want to do it the ghetto way and add a switch.. I forget things too easily.. and I'd soon have a dead batt.

Anyways..

Any help would be awesome.. No hurry though..

Thanks,
Andy

APatterson
03-05-06, 12:20 PM
C'Mon!! Someone has to have something on this.. I could've sworn I seen something on here about that.. I searched and couldn't find anything..

Thanks

mcz
03-05-06, 04:19 PM
Hey,

Im almost positve you might still want to hook up a switch if ur gunna run it on a stock head unit. i learned that the hard way. the red wire in the clip that goes in to the cd plyer is a power wire but it gets power know matter what due to the clock ( thats were my mistake was found ). even if u hook it to the ignition it still gets power if the car is off. mine did at least so i had no choice but to use a switch. if u gunna forget like me to turn off the switch get a switch that lights up so u know u will have to turn it off thats what i did and it worked good. Just my opinon

APatterson
03-05-06, 07:26 PM
yeah the switch doesnt bug me at all.. maybe it wont be so bad.. if i need to turn the bass off.. or anything.. just flip the switch.. haha..

i just don't know where on the cat i would mount another switch.. hmm.. maybe i could find a way to get the whole module on the right hand side for the passenger window controls, but get the one with the sun shade switch and find a way to have that trigger the remote wire for the amp..

but im just a dreamer.. prolly more complicated than the time it took me to say it.. i prolly wouldnt notice to turn it off either.. any suggestions people??

CtA318
06-30-06, 11:26 AM
Jump the power for the cigarette lighter. When the cars off the amp will shut off when it's on the amp goes on.

1987cimarron
07-01-06, 03:53 AM
My 1987 Cimarron GM Service manual locates the wiring diagrams for Delco/Bose wiring on 8A-150-0,1,2.

Purchased OEM manual from Powell Bookstore located in Portland, OR.

mytmous
07-05-06, 11:48 AM
do you have the CD in the trunk, if not the wireing is still there and I've used the remote wire for it as a trigger for the amp.

Get you a Volt meter, they sell some cheap ones, and they come in very handy

smcnair21
07-10-06, 09:54 AM
i got mine professionally installed a 1000 watt amp and they hooked up the remote to a fuse under my steerign column in the 3rd fuse on the bottom row should be a red fuse and my amp only works when the car is turned on or the key is turned to the position right before you start the car.

netager
07-13-06, 05:09 PM
This is what listed under "Radio/Audio System Schematics" in Service Manual:
Figure 5: Cell 150 Power and Ground for Radio and Cellular Telephone (BoseŽ System)
Figure 6: Cell 150 Radio and Sound Processor Interface (BoseŽ System)
Figure 7: Cell 150 Compact Disk Changer and Sound Processor Interface (BoseŽ System)
Figure 8: Cell 150 Sound Processor Interface and Radio Speaker Amplifier (BoseŽ System)
Figure 9: Cell 150 Radio Speaker Amplifier and All Door Speakers (BoseŽ System)
Figure 10: Cell 150 Rear Deck Speakers (BoseŽ System)
If you can read those schemes, I can attach a pdf, but IMO you'll need multimeter anyway :eek:

ariza034
07-24-06, 01:04 AM
Jump the power for the cigarette lighter. When the cars off the amp will shut off when it's on the amp goes on.

x2 thats how i had it before i hooked up the aftermarket head unit

Cadi Cat
11-20-07, 12:58 AM
Isn't there a wiring harness that I can just buy to just swap in a new amp? It's kind of silly to have to replace the whole system.

shweenk
03-05-08, 06:09 PM
just joined & need wiring diagram for 1997 catera w/bose system(no cd). if you would help me out w/this,. i would be very grateful!

MaesMV6
03-05-08, 08:25 PM
just joined & need wiring diagram for 1997 catera w/bose system(no cd). if you would help me out w/this,. i would be very grateful!

shweenk, look at this post. hopefully this will help you

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/121668-bose-stereo-wiring-map.html