: Chrome Tow Hooks Installed - Picture

Nasty Black Lac
03-04-06, 02:55 PM
Well, this "small" job turned out to be a bit more than I thought it might be. I ended up using my impact wrench at about 140 ft/lbs. I don't think I would have been able to manage getting the hooks off unless I used a "breaker" bar which I do not have.

I hope you guys like the IU plate too! :thumbsup:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/hooks.jpg

hornyjuan
03-04-06, 03:09 PM
Looking Good!! :thumbsup:

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-04-06, 03:10 PM
Looks great. I will be purchasing the chrome tow hooks in the near future. A friend of mine has them on his Electric Blue EXT. Looks awesome in my opinion.

Thanks.

loanman
03-04-06, 04:34 PM
I like, I like! looks good with the black!

Stuntless
03-04-06, 05:25 PM
Looks good, I just ordered some myself.

cmac40
03-04-06, 06:25 PM
:thumbsup: way to go looking good

Synergetic
03-04-06, 07:11 PM
Definetely a must! Looks great!
Good way to spend your money. A lot of people waste their money on dumb stuff. This is definetely a good investment and a must have.

Falkolade
03-04-06, 08:59 PM
simple way too make the truck look hot, i did the same thing when i first got mine!

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-04-06, 09:15 PM
I would love to have some chrome tow hooks for my Black Caddy, where can I order some from?:worship:

loanman
03-04-06, 09:32 PM
ebay

Nasty Black Lac
03-04-06, 09:41 PM
ebay

:yeah:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=escalade+chrome+tow+hooks&category0=

They are all over ebay as you can see, but I bought mine from the classified page here on caddy forums. I paid $40 per hook, shipped to my door.

Cadillade
03-04-06, 09:58 PM
Nice chrome hooks. The grille, however, don't match the chromed pieces you added to your truck. How about the chromed platinum grille? I think that will improve the overall look.

Rolex
03-05-06, 10:10 AM
It has begun. The first of many mods to come I suspect. They look nice, and as always, thanks for the pic of the mods! :thumbsup:

slk230mb
03-05-06, 11:04 AM
Looks good :thumbsup:

I've considered it myself a few times and am starting to re-think it...uggg...I hope the mod bug didn't bite me...

Nasty Black Lac
03-06-06, 09:30 AM
Nice chrome hooks. The grille, however, don't match the chromed pieces you added to your truck. How about the chromed platinum grille? I think that will improve the overall look.

It has begun. The first of many mods to come I suspect. They look nice, and as always, thanks for the pic of the mods! :thumbsup:

Yep, the grill is next. I am still trying to figure out which one I want... It seems that the more money you spend, the nicer the grill! Just like everything else!

mja
03-06-06, 12:24 PM
They look good, I am glad you like them. But why were the stock ones so hard to get off. Did you use the bolts I sent you. ?

integline
03-06-06, 12:28 PM
damn u!! i didnt want to do those but now i have to. Im soo in the hole though from rims, exhaust, window tint etc alli nthe last 4 weeks. im broke, but need to get my grille tow hooks then lower this beast. I cant stand u guys who have done more. ur killing my wallet but making my credit card companies very happy and rich. lol. looks great!!!

Stuntless
03-06-06, 12:47 PM
I've got the platinum chrome grille and I'm actually getting the tow hooks to compliment that, as well as the chrome turn signal bulbs to really complete the front end look.

Nasty Black Lac
03-06-06, 01:13 PM
They look good, I am glad you like them. But why were the stock ones so hard to get off. Did you use the bolts I sent you. ?

Stock ones were difficult to get off because someone put them on with a big-dik-daddy impact wrench! Make sure you have an air compressor with an impact wrench, OR a Breaker-bar because I don't think I would have had the muscle to get these off with just an open-ended wrench!

hcvone
03-06-06, 02:26 PM
Looks good, it should come from the factory with chrome tow hooks. :)

Rolex
03-06-06, 04:35 PM
If you'd like a nice chrome Arkansas Razorback plate to replace that IU plate let me know! ;) :p