: 1990 Brougham

PAGEJR
03-04-06, 10:54 AM
:confused: I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1990 BROUGHAM ELEGANCE WITH 155K MILES ON IT. IT RAN FINE. THERE WAS A LITTLE SHUDDER WHEN I WOULD GO UP HILLS. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DID A COMPLETE TUNE-UP. NEW PLUGS, WIRES, ROTOR, THE WORKS. NOW THE CAR STALLS AND SPUTTERS. ITS LIKE IT HAS NO POWER AT ALL. ANY IDEAS. I HAVE CHECKED ALL MY CONNECTIONS AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FINE. THIS IS MY FIRST CADDY SO I WANT TO KEEP HER FOR A WHILE!!

pcm
03-04-06, 10:33 PM
sounds like tou got some plug wires crossed

90Brougham350
03-05-06, 07:42 AM
Have you checked the timing? How about the catalytic convertor being plugged? Clogged fuel filter? All your vacuum hoses routed properly?

PAGEJR
03-06-06, 10:33 AM
IT WAS 2 WIRES CROSSED. DONT KNOW HOW I DID THAT:confused: . BUT IT RUNS FINE NOW. I WENT AHEAD AND CHANGED THE O2 SENSOR WHILE I WAS UNDER THE HOOD. I DO NOTICE THAT IT SHUDDERS WHILE IM ON THE BELTWAY. I READ A COUPLE OF POSTS BACK ABOUT IGNITION PROBLEMS WITH THESE CARS. IM THINKING I SHOULD PUT A BRAND NEW DISTRIBUTOR AND COIL PACK. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

iNdy.j
03-06-06, 11:46 AM
Any ideas of how you would find an electrical short on these broughams? The instrument panel keeps going in and out. The fuses are fine. I couldn't find any ground wire behind the panel to see if that was the cause. Help!