: ipod pictures

loanman
03-04-06, 01:27 AM
I have read and discussed installing ipods in to the Escalade but few have put up any pics where they actually installed the ipod once they connected it. I know some just leave it in the cupholder or the glove box but I wanted to be able to see mine, so here are a few pics of my install.

mikeee
03-04-06, 01:33 AM
Nice setup man. Looks like a clean install. I like that better than throwing it in the console.

SoCadillac
03-04-06, 01:49 AM
Here is a nondestructive means of mounting virtually anything:

http://www.proclipusa.com/Default.asp

I've used this system for years and first had to use it in a company car; it withstands a great deal of abuse.

slk230mb
03-04-06, 02:12 AM
Nice, clean install :thumbsup:

fast66
03-04-06, 06:40 AM
that is really cool

senility
03-04-06, 10:48 AM
I have read and discussed installing ipods in to the Escalade but few have put up any pics where they actually installed the ipod once they connected it. I know some just leave it in the cupholder or the glove box but I wanted to be able to see mine, so here are a few pics of my install.

Hey Loanman,

What did you use for the base?

Dan <><

loanman
03-04-06, 12:01 PM
Hey Loanman,

What did you use for the base?

Dan <><

When you buy the ipod you get a piece that I am not entirely sure what was for in the first place, it's so the ipod can stand up in it I think. Anyway I took the "stand" if you call it that painted it black, it has a slot in the bottom for a charger to fit through so I pulled the ipod connector for the radio and pulled it through, connected to the ipod, pushed the ipod down to the bottom of the stand and epoxyed (5 minute epoxy)the bottom of the stand around the plug waited for it to dry. I then removed cig tray since it would never get used anyway and double side taped a piece of black plastic just bigger than the whole and then needed to cut the hole for the stand to slide through and epoxyed the stand to the piece of plastic. The nice thing is that I can remove the whole thing later if I sell since it is just attached to the car with double side tape, and keep the stand and everything together and put in new escalade since I had already installed the 05 center counsole with the heated/ cooled cup holders Unless I get an 07 then I will have to figure out something else!

slk230mb
03-04-06, 12:18 PM
The thing that came with the ipod is the adapter for the universal dock.

hornyjuan
03-04-06, 03:12 PM
A horizontal mount would've been cool. So you could "PLUG-IN" then unit facing up and parallel to the floor. Either way, once you plug it in the functionality of the ipod unit is disable so pretty much for show only.

fast66
03-04-06, 03:42 PM
A horizontal mount would've been cool. So you could "PLUG-IN" then unit facing up and parallel to the floor. Either way, once you plug it in the functionality of the ipod unit is disable so pretty much for show only.

yeah wait a minute, with that holder he cant use his ipod unless its unplugged.

loanman
03-04-06, 04:16 PM

Ya it is pretty much for show and to protect the ipod from just bouncing around in the cup holder. It is also nice cause I can just grab it and pull it out to go to the gym! But I am sure everyonelses ideas here are just for functionality! :histeric:

fast66
03-04-06, 04:34 PM
Ya it is pretty much for show and to protect the ipod from just bouncing around in the cup holder. It is also nice cause I can just grab it and pull it out to go to the gym! But I am sure everyonelses ideas here are just for functionality! :histeric:
i like your idea, much better than my stupid wire sticking out of the middle console. doesnt work to well when trying to close it

Synergetic
03-04-06, 07:14 PM
Nice install. That gives me ideas that I won't use, just because its already been done. But definetely a great install! Well done.

Falkolade
03-04-06, 08:56 PM
sweet install i like the placing and the look of it all... congrats

loanman
03-04-06, 09:26 PM
thanks guys for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it!

jrs05caddyext
03-05-06, 12:41 PM
Nice Install. :thumbsup:

mskdbandit
03-07-06, 11:05 PM
nice work. i've been looking at ways to do this too. i'm glad someone finally put some pics up.