: BAck up camera and monitor suggestions

cburand
03-03-06, 11:49 PM
What is the best way to go and how much is reasonable to spend on a decent setup? I do want the license plate camera.

What I have found so far for options:

local shop: $1200 Useing converter to use stock NAV display and camera
online: $550 same as local shop but I have to put it in (probably could do)
online: $400 7in monitor (where to mount?) and camera
online: $699 3.5in monitor and camera

senility
03-04-06, 05:27 PM
I went with the Hitchcam setup. You can also get it in a license plate frame. Take a look here (http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=870).

I then got the interface so that I could run the image to my navigation radio. I put it in reverse and the image pops up. Very happy with it and JP Customs has good service. Also, they warranty it for a year.

Dan <><

Synergetic
03-04-06, 06:18 PM
I went with the Hitchcam setup. You can also get it in a license plate frame. Take a look here (http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=870).

I then got the interface so that I could run the image to my navigation radio. I put it in reverse and the image pops up. Very happy with it and JP Customs has good service. Also, they warranty it for a year.

Dan <><

Nice find.
Some good stuff here.

We ordered 30 cameras for the Escalade, that recently just came in.
Just to get you guys interested in the new project we have cooking. :worship:

mikeee
03-04-06, 06:28 PM
Nice find.
Some good stuff here.

We ordered 30 cameras for the Escalade, that recently just came in.
Just to get you guys interested in the new project we have cooking. :worship:Where would you put 30 cameras?

Synergetic
03-05-06, 05:59 AM
Where would you put 30 cameras?

Haha. We're debating to use them all or not. But you'll see. :thumbsup:

fast66
03-05-06, 06:13 AM
or better know as going for the OVERKILL :D

slk230mb
03-05-06, 10:06 AM
Damn, 30 cameras is a lot. Gonna have a 360* view on the inside? If I had a nav screen, I would do this just for the cool factor.

jrs05caddyext
03-05-06, 11:49 AM

cant wait to see what you guys are up 2

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-05-06, 03:27 PM
Well this is going to be interesting. You can do what Shaq did with is 2002 Escalade which was recently sold. He had the cameras in the side view mirrors. I'm sure you will figure out where else to put them, but anything is possible. Haha. Good luck and post some pictures.

Thanks.

Synergetic
03-06-06, 12:41 AM
Well this is going to be interesting. You can do what Shaq did with is 2002 Escalade which was recently sold. He had the cameras in the side view mirrors. I'm sure you will figure out where else to put them, but anything is possible. Haha. Good luck and post some pictures.

Thanks.

Yeah.
I'm not a fan of Shaq's lade though. And I wouldn't replace the mirror with cameras. The mirrors is all I got to see what is around me. That sound system is pretty high and almost reaches the cieling. But we got a lot of ideas cooking that we're putting to reality. Some outside action as well, but its coming!

Synergetic
03-06-06, 12:42 AM
cant wait to see what you guys are up 2

Thanks man! :thumbsup:
I'm moving to LA soon, so its going to be put on hold for a while. But good thing is, i'll be working inside the same building Asanti Wheels and Lexani works out of. Once i'm moved in, i'll be ready to continue the project. I'm looking for custom shops, body shops, etc. at the moment.

hornyjuan
03-06-06, 01:28 AM
Syn,

Duran's body shop does some great work. They're off the 10 near west covina exit puente. They do DUB's cars including Shaq's paint. They did my lade in maya gold...awesome awesome job.

jrs05caddyext
03-06-06, 09:43 AM
I'm moving to LA soon, so its going to be put on hold for a while. But good thing is, i'll be working inside the same building Asanti Wheels and Lexani works out of. Once i'm moved in, i'll be ready to continue the project. I'm looking for custom shops, body shops, etc. at the moment.

Good to hear your moving out here. You will find that there are many customs shops in the area.

fast66
03-06-06, 01:21 PM

when are you moving?

Synergetic
03-06-06, 04:43 PM
when are you moving?
Probably in the next month or two.
Where are you located fast66?

And maybe we'll finally meet at a show or around town.

Good to hear your moving out here. You will find that there are many customs shops in the area.
I believe it! I bet there is a lot of custom work being done everywhere. Socal is full of money and i'm sure a lot of it goes to custom shops with customers seeking there own modified celebrity vehicle... lol.

How safe is it down there? Besides the fact that you got your Caddy stolen down there. What kind of areas to avoid? I've been to Socal many times but not a professional on wheres what and whats what.

Syn,

Duran's body shop does some great work. They're off the 10 near west covina exit puente. They do DUB's cars including Shaq's paint. They did my lade in maya gold...awesome awesome job.

Thanks man. I'll check them out. And aren't they off 3rd Street in the city of Los Angeles? I can't remember... so correct me if i'm wrong.

jrs05caddyext
03-06-06, 04:56 PM
Do you know were exactly you moving too?

From what I’ve read, I don’t think you should have a problem with you Caddy disappearing. Since I got my alarm installed I'm pretty confident it won’t get stolen again. You do have to look out for those tow trucks in Downtown LA.

parexa
03-06-06, 05:49 PM
Are you having a new paint job aswell?