: Fuel Door and Trunk will only open from remote

NolaBoy
03-03-06, 11:28 PM
It has been like this for awhile i just never worried about it but now i am curious. The Fuel Door and Trunk release buttons on the dash dont do anything when pressed. They did work when i bought my 99 but they just stopped working one day. I have to use the key fob to open both. any idea what is causing this. I remember a post about this a long time ago but i cant find anything via search. Thanks

APatterson
03-05-06, 12:38 AM
that would stink.. just hope your remote doesnt go out..

what about at night.. is there any power going to it, as far as lights?

NolaBoy
03-05-06, 10:33 AM
everything lights up fine. they just dont do anything. any ideas

NolaBoy
03-05-06, 10:44 AM
"A/C computer module which also controls the radio/stereo, trunk lid and fuel door"

Hmmmm. I just ran across this in another post. And now that i think about it the original post i saw about this issue mentioned something about the A/C computer module if i recall correctly. $400 part...ouch. Has anyone had to change this thing due to similar problems. I cant remember if this problem started before or after i put my aftermarket cd player in. i think after but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. I know it worked when i bought the car.

gminnick9
03-10-06, 02:51 PM
I have been having the same problem ever since I bought my 97 catera. My question is, if it is the module, would the radio still work?