: 1931 Cadillac V-12 pics

CoupeDevilleRob
03-03-06, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm playing it safe and going non-specific.

I was going through pictures stored on my computer and came across these. It's a 1931 Cadillac V-12. A guy I work with belongs to a Caddy club on Long Island, he invited to a meet over the summer and this beauty was there. It was restored about 10 years ago and still looks immaculate. The only thing anyone could find wrong with it was a scuff on the left rear fender that would probably buff out. The best part was the owner drove it there, no trailer queen here. He said he's won a few concours shows and I don't doubt him. The best part was hearing it run. Wait, maybe not hearing it run is a better term. All you hear is the fan and with the hood closed you probably can't even hear that. I thought I'd share these because the car is absolutely beautiful and I feel that older Cadillacs don't get enough love around here. We need to respect our elders!

NolaBoy
03-03-06, 09:41 PM
very nice

fleetwood76
03-04-06, 01:11 PM
Those were the days when the Cadillac of the say - The Cadillac of, whatever
was produced, and the excellens of Cadillac was limited to a few lucky rich owners.

Those were the days when the tought in many people was -Some day i will own a Cadillac.

Those were the days, together with the 50's that made Cadillac what it is for many of us today.

I agree that there is not enought love for these old Caddys, and it is too bad that they are almost equal impossible and expensive to buy or fix up as when they were new and made for the elite of the days.

jolle

Night Wolf
03-05-06, 12:42 AM
The 30's Cadillacs are nothing short of amazing.

The V12, much like the I6, is perhaps the perfect natural balance of the IC engine..... you can come close, but you just can't match it with other types.

If I was ever stinking rich and was able to get one of these, it would no doubt be a V16.... such amazing cars.

The fact that is driven, is even better.

Zorb750
03-17-06, 06:59 AM
I was at the Concours D'Elegance at Meadowbrook in Auburn Hills, MI on Cadillac's Centennial. It was 80% Cadillac. The best part was when the parade of awaiting awards drove by. They would move up one car at a time, idling much of the time. The idle of the V16 sounded almost exactly like the idle on my friend's 1994 Concours Northstar, just a quiet whirring sort of sound. I actually remember commenting on it when we were standing there, then again when we left, in the afore mentioned Deville. It was just an impressive sight, to see all of the old Cadillacs with their custom coachwork, most of them totally unique, built to order.

Blown Z
04-30-06, 08:23 PM
Truly a magnificent car. Thanks for sharing!

JCM1
04-30-06, 09:00 PM
I was at the Concours D'Elegance at Meadowbrook in Auburn Hills, MI on Cadillac's Centennial. It was 80% Cadillac. The best part was when the parade of awaiting awards drove by. They would move up one car at a time, idling much of the time. The idle of the V16 sounded almost exactly like the idle on my friend's 1994 Concours Northstar, just a quiet whirring sort of sound. I actually remember commenting on it when we were standing there, then again when we left, in the afore mentioned Deville. It was just an impressive sight, to see all of the old Cadillacs with their custom coachwork, most of them totally unique, built to order.

Yes, that was a great day for some of the greatest automobiles ever constructed. Nothing beats the smooth as silk idle of a Cadillac V-16.