: G35 to CTS-V???

Klei14
03-03-06, 09:36 PM
I currently own a 2005 Infinit G35 coupe. Iím getting sick of the lack of rear seat room and I always have passengers in my car. This has lead me to look at trading my car in for a used 2004 CTS-V. I just have a couple of questions about this car for you guys.

1. What problems are there with buying a used CTS-V??(I have been reading into this wheel hop problem)
2. What price should I be looking to pay for a 2004 CTS-V with not really high miles but something around like 20,000 miles??
3. I remember when I was looking for cars around the end of the summer I had called my local Cadillac dealer and they told me they had never had a used CTS-V in stock or even heard of one. How hard is it going to be to find the model I want?? (2004, Silver exterior, Black interior)
Thanks in advance for the help.
-Tom

alcast082
03-03-06, 09:52 PM
It's not hard to find one, Your going to pay around 32,000 for it, OR wait and get a steal, someone here sold his with a ton of modds for 35000 , an 05 with 5000 miles, THAT IS DIRT CHEAP.
It;s all about timing.
The problems with the car are all covered by warranty.

heavymetals
03-03-06, 10:02 PM
Check the classifieds here, there are some good offers.

I doubt your going to be racing around with a rear seat full of people, but if you don't drag race it wheel hop isn't an issue.

Klei14
03-03-06, 10:56 PM
"Your going to pay around 32,000 for it"

That sounds kinda low, would that be the price i would see a certified car sell for.
Thanks for the fast replys.
-Tom

verbs
03-03-06, 11:45 PM
The biggest negative of the CTS-V compared to the G35 is that the CTS-V doesn't come with a maxi pad.

naiculnila
03-04-06, 12:25 AM
before buying a V you should go to the caddy dealers in your area and interview the service managers....

read some of the posts on here on how people are being treated like babies when they take the V in with a problem...

be it anything from a broken sail panel, transmission, or differential.

If you have a good service dealer....THEN BUY THE V!

If you also drive your cars like grandma and grandpa, then consider something else. THis car tends to be very finicky when driven hard...and according to dealers you are not supposed to!

All your choice but i would do some reaseach on how service is in your area before you dump 30K on a car!

Klei14
03-04-06, 11:39 AM
I live on Long Island, do any of you guys have experience with the dealers around here?
-Tom

Koooop
03-04-06, 11:49 AM
Run the VIN on what ever V you buy, the warranty is outstanding so Certified isn't required IMO. Run the VIN to make sure it isn't one of the cars that eats rears or was a GM buy back (some buy backs are done by GM prior to Lemon law so the car doesn't get that label). If you get a clean car with a reasonable repair history (mines only been to the dealer for minor stuff @ 17k miles) personally I don't care if it's certified. Have it put on a rack to check for wrecks and go for it! If you are worried go to the dealer and pay for a GM extended warranty. These cars are a great buy used.

Post the VIN here, there are some people that can run it for you.

wooderson
03-05-06, 11:20 AM
I live on Long Island, do any of you guys have experience with the dealers around here?
-TomThey are hard to find because so few are sold. I saw one at Ramp Chevy a few months ago when I was considering a Vette. I bought an '06 V at Sarant in Farmingdale. They did not have any used V's at the time. I wouldn't get silver, the black ones are faster, according to many on this board.

Klei14
03-05-06, 08:38 PM
The reason i am looking for a silver CTS-V is beacuse i have a black G35 and the swirl marks are driving me crazyyyyyyyyyy!!!
-Tom

rand49er
03-05-06, 09:35 PM
... the black ones are faster, according to many on this board ............................:thepan:

kjr39
03-05-06, 09:44 PM
The reason i am looking for a silver CTS-V is beacuse i have a black G35 and the swirl marks are driving me crazyyyyyyyyyy!!!
-Tom

Check out the thread on waxing...

I just put in an order for zaino.