: can ya'll help me put music on the net

MrSmith
03-03-06, 10:15 PM
I have a song I want to put on the computer in a web site.

The thing is I dont know how to do it.

you know how you go to a web site and you here a song? Thats what I want to do. If I have the song on disk and put it on the computer it goes into media player, but how do I get it to a site were I can hear it on a different computer. or you can hear it if you visited that site?

anyone know how?

slk230mb
03-04-06, 12:32 AM
You have to upload the file to a web host, and then use and embedded player to play the content on the web page.

thu
03-04-06, 03:03 AM
If you have the song on a CD, you need to 'rip' it first.

There are a number of programs on the internet (some are free, some you have to buy) that will convert the CD format song into an MP3, WMV, or some other format. This is what 'ripping' means. The format that it will convert the CD song into depends on the program.

I just did a Google search on these terms: rip cd program windows

I got a bunch of links back. You can try that and see what you can find.

After you rip it, you upload it to the website. Be judicious how you rip the song. If you rip it at too high quality, the resulting file will be very large and may take a very long time for you to upload to the website and others to download from your website.

Good Luck

MrSmith
03-04-06, 10:46 AM
well The song is already on the computer. but How to get it on the site is the challenge. I see a couple of people have music play when you click on there names but I cant get them to respond yet.

some some said saomthing about using html. I dont even know what that is.

MrSmith
03-05-06, 05:44 PM
cant find one

thu
03-31-06, 11:51 PM
You might want to troll the web using Google for noobie help on web authoring. Good luck.

gothicaleigh
04-01-06, 01:04 AM
well The song is already on the computer. but How to get it on the site is the challenge. I see a couple of people have music play when you click on there names but I cant get them to respond yet.

some some said saomthing about using html. I dont even know what that is.

I'm assuming you just want to embed a sound file on your own webpage?
Placing this where you want it to appear in the body of your page should work:

<object id="Player1" width="250" height="65" classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6">
<param name="URL" value="music.mp3">
<param name="autoStart" value="false">
<param name="playCount" value="1">
[Click <a href="music.mp3">here</a> for music]</object>

Replace the music.mp3 with your file name (and path if not located in your root folder) and adjust the visible text (anything not in < > ) to your taste.

Assuming that not everyone you are hosting to is using a compatible browser and has Windows Media Player, you can instead use the much simpler:

<a href="music.mp3">Play music</a>

...which will just have them download the clip.

MrSmith
04-03-06, 04:42 PM
Ok. I tried it. but didnt work. Someone told me what the problem may be. They said that I cant share music from my Hard drive. So If i cant share music from my hard drive. How do people put songs on web pages? does it have to be downloaded?

gothicaleigh
04-04-06, 07:56 AM
You have to upload it to your webpage. Isn't that what you were asking?

Where do you want to share the music?

JimHare
04-04-06, 08:45 AM
MrSmith - here's the scoop.

When you visit a web page and you either hear music as soon as it loads, or you click on a link and you hear music, it is because the author of the web page has copied the music file ( Midi, WMV, etc ) to the web page hosting service, and embedded it programmatically in to the web page.

It's very tough to 'share' music when it's sitting on your HD - conceptually, that's not much different from 'sharing' it while it's on a CD in your stereo. You want 20 gazillion people comin' to your crib to listen to it? Probably not.

The song file MUST be uploaded to a web server that can "host" the file for others to use. If you have your own web site, you host it there. Since you profess that you don't know what HTML is, I have a feeling that you do not have your own site. HTML is the page creation language that web authors use to create web pages, such as Gothica explained above.

In closing, to 'share' a music file (or any file, for that matter) it needs to be on a web server that can make the file available to a surfer, and then the file (in the case of music) either needs to be linked to that surfer's media playing process, or made available to be downloaded by that surfer, to his PC, where he or she can play it on their media player of choice.

MrSmith
04-04-06, 07:34 PM
MrSmith - here's the scoop.

When you visit a web page and you either hear music as soon as it loads, or you click on a link and you hear music, it is because the author of the web page has copied the music file ( Midi, WMV, etc ) to the web page hosting service, and embedded it programmatically in to the web page.

It's very tough to 'share' music when it's sitting on your HD - conceptually, that's not much different from 'sharing' it while it's on a CD in your stereo. You want 20 gazillion people comin' to your crib to listen to it? Probably not.

The song file MUST be uploaded to a web server that can "host" the file for others to use. If you have your own web site, you host it there. Since you profess that you don't know what HTML is, I have a feeling that you do not have your own site. HTML is the page creation language that web authors use to create web pages, such as Gothica explained above.

In closing, to 'share' a music file (or any file, for that matter) it needs to be on a web server that can make the file available to a surfer, and then the file (in the case of music) either needs to be linked to that surfer's media playing process, or made available to be downloaded by that surfer, to his PC, where he or she can play it on their media player of choice.

Oh! OK.:)

Im not worried about it. Its fine. It wasnt important. Just that I see people on certain sites I visit and when I click on a page. Music plays. like a chat like or something

Im not in need of it anyway. just wanted to learn something new.