: Question on my 04 rear air shocks

EXTadic
03-03-06, 06:10 PM
My 04 ext normally sits with a pretty fair amount of rake as do just about all others i've seen. My question is, if the rear shocks were disabled or modified to activate by switch only, Would the truck sit more level on spring suspension alone? Or has anyone come up with a kit to shorten the strut that activates the ride height switch? Thanks for your replys..

ILLNALI
03-03-06, 07:24 PM
you need a 2/3 drop kit with the shock extenders. That will eliminate the raked look, provide a smooth ride, and not affect the factory sensors.

Mcgaughy's is hands down the best kit available for your truck right now!

cburand
03-03-06, 11:31 PM
I am looking at the drop kit as well ($500) and was talking to a shop today to see how much they would charge to install it. They wanted $400-$500. However the guy said that was because it was so hard to get off the stock spindles, he really just wanted to do the low tech ground force thing (not happening.) He did have another low cost option though he said they had done on an EXT. He said they put shorter Eibach spings in the back to even out the truck, and torqed the tortion bars just a tad to bring the front down a little. Total price $300 labor and all. Not a slammed look just level. Hmm