: Chips & Dip

Chef
03-03-06, 06:28 PM
Curious as to how many of you have performance programs/chips on your V? Reason being after I ordered my CAGS eliminator and after I put in a Jet Performance program I noticed that you could program the CAGS issue away by simply addressing it on the hand held screen.

Any feed would be great...

Thanks,
Chef

Carnalsupply
03-03-06, 06:33 PM
I just installed the Superchips version, and it too included the CAGS eliminator option, though I'd already installed an eliminator on the trans, so I simply bypassed the option.

BTW - The Superchip has certainly smoothed the engine throughout the rev range, possibly via optimizing certain settings, the car is certainly NOT any faster or more powerful, at least by my seat of the A$$ dyno.

CIWS
03-03-06, 06:35 PM
I'm running a performance tune in my PCM now, and yes they turned CAGS off in the process. I also did order StealthV's CAGS eliminator first before I decided to go that route. Of course the cool thing about the CAGS eliminator is it's only about 50.00 and can be pretty easily installed and removed from the car. If someone doesn't have the desire to get a PCM tune or doesn't want to spend that much cash to get rid of CAGS, it's certainly the better / cheaper route to go. CAGS is a friggen pain at times and I'm damned glad it's not in my car at the moment.

Dreamin
03-03-06, 06:37 PM
Curious as to how many of you have performance programs/chips on your V?

From Reed's survey: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/survey/results4.php

PCM tuning
23 % of people have had their PCM tuned (61)
49 % of people want to have their PCM tuned (128)

Chef
03-03-06, 06:45 PM
Not to mention taking out the back seat to pull the "Onstar" fuse :rant2: just to set the program. At least, that is what I needed to do to install it.

- BTW - I am seeing more hp on mine although not a ton...

Chef

Carnalsupply
03-03-06, 06:52 PM
I built my own CAGS eliminator, just because I like messin' with stuff, and it works great, so I'd tell anyone to do it. It's way too easy not to.

Oh yeah, I won't argue you'll see more HP, and I'm sure there's some additional "added" to mine, but I didn't dyno it either before or after, and the difference is definitely not discernible via my butt.
Yeah, pulling the fuse out of Onstar seemed kinda weird, but that's what the instructions said. At least the fuse box is easy to get to, no crawling under the dash like the old days.

Florian
03-03-06, 08:20 PM
Talk to Rick (StealthV) ifn you want a real tune. This guy is great.
<anxiously awaiting 10secVettes berating>

F

CVP33
03-03-06, 09:59 PM
Talk to Rick (StealthV) ifn you want a real tune. This guy is great.
F

FACT! :thumbsup: