: Will i get in trouble for making a thread about a canceled thread?

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 05:23 PM
will i?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-03-06, 05:25 PM
Was that other one cancelled already?!

gothicaleigh
03-03-06, 05:27 PM
Probably depends upon the reason it was cancelled...

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 05:32 PM
i think i'll play it safe and not talk about it

Night Wolf
03-03-06, 06:38 PM
i think i'll play it safe and not talk about it

Sounds like a plan.

Spyder
03-03-06, 06:43 PM
Bad Brougham! Bad Bad!

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 07:14 PM
Well i'll just say one thing to those who are like what is this dude even talking about.I made a thread entitled "Cadillac Owners:Conservative or Liberal",and it was a poll,and it simply asked which side you lean more to.But i got carried away as i somethimes do and bush bashed in the first post,and then i said i wasnt going to say anything political,as some dude called me on it,so i edited the post so it had nothing political in it,just a poll,and it got shut down.Probably for the better.I'd probably end up getting banned or something.

mccombie_5
03-03-06, 07:17 PM
Well i'll just say one thing to those who are like what is this dude even talking about.I made a thread entitled "Cadillac Owners:Conservative or Liberal",and it was a poll,and it simply asked which side you lean more to.But i got carried away as i somethimes do and bush bashed in the first post,and then i said i wasnt going to say anything political,as some dude called me on it,so i edited the post so it had nothing political in it,just a poll,and it got shut down.Probably for the better.I'd probably end up getting banned or something.

You'd not get banned, its just that this site used to have a politics section, and it was closed down because members started to flame each other and people left over it, it dragged the place down, so political posts arent really allowed in the lounge. You werent to know, its not a problem, but theyre likely to upset people and start tittle tattle flame wars again.

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 07:33 PM
Seriously dude,i cant even talk politics with my friends.Alot more people are more concious of the government now and people get really mad over political stuff,i know i do.Its a touchy subject.

ewill3rd
03-03-06, 07:33 PM
I am a mod on another forum, politically charged topics are not allowed.
Even more not allowed is whining about a topic that is a violation of TOS being removed. The second one will get you banned on that forum.
I haven't done it personally but the administrator over there has done it lots of times.
Sometimes it starts with your posts having to be approved by a moderator for a certain time period until you can be trusted to abide by the rules again.

The moderation team here seems to allow a little more leeway.
I would recommend against pressing the matter.

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 07:42 PM
Im not whining,i think it was canceled for a valid reason.I made this thread before the mod who canceled it sent me a PM saying why,and i understood.So this thread wasnt even meant to be a thread.But it is.Whats up with simpsons trivia?

Elvis
03-03-06, 11:03 PM
If you want to talk politics with a bunch of whiney, but well-educated, articulate liberals, I know where to find some.

But you'll have to endure some baseball talk.

Spyder
03-04-06, 04:15 AM
Oxymoron, oxymoron! Oh...sorry...can't say that about liberals... :):):) *stirs pot, for sure!*

Spyder
03-04-06, 04:15 AM
Oxymoron, oxymoron! Oh...sorry...can't say that about liberals... :):):) *stirs pot, for sure!*

Jonas McFeely
03-04-06, 10:00 AM
Dont you start!

HotRodSaint
03-04-06, 11:36 AM
Morons, Morons! Oh...sorry...that's what I really wanted to say that about liberals... :):):)

What's with these liberals who feel comfortable driving a conservative symbol of American success anyway?? :stirpot:

gothicaleigh
03-04-06, 11:51 AM
What's with these liberals who feel comfortable driving a conservative symbol of American success anyway?? :stirpot:

First time I've heard a new Cadillac referred to as "conservative"... :p

Most conservatives don't seem to understand the meaning of the word. There is nothing conservative about buying a luxury car.

HotRodSaint
03-04-06, 12:00 PM
There is nothing conservative about buying a luxury car.

Talk about highjacked meanings, your being intolerant!! :stirpot:

I don't think being a liberal means liberally treating yourself to lifes luxuries, while people die of starvation in Africa.

But it does appear that is happening more and more in todays twisted world of "I'm better than you, because my label is better than yours!!" :thepan:

gothicaleigh
03-04-06, 12:10 PM
Talk about highjacked meanings, your being intolerant!! :stirpot:

I am admittedly very intolerant of many things. I seem to be missing where you are coming from with this.

I don't think being a liberal means liberally treating yourself to lifes luxuries, while people die of starvation in Africa.

I'm sorry, I don't recall ever saying I was out to save the world either. Did I miss the thread where you yourself were sacrificing your lifestyle to help Africa? No? Guess it's a glass house kind of thing then, eh?

But it does appear that is happening more and more in todays twisted world of "I'm better than you, because my label is better than yours!!" :thepan:

...says the man championing the conservative label every chance he gets.

I guess you must be down here with the rest of us. :highfive:

Jonas McFeely
03-04-06, 12:21 PM
LOL! Good one Gothica.Also,my car is not a conservative symbol of american success.Its a damn car.A 21 year old car at that.I bought it because i liked the way it looked and it was only $800,i then later fell madly in love with it.Dont label my car according to what you or other people think it is.Im sure people look at me and think "look at that kid driving his cadiillac,system thumping,17in 100 spokes spinning,gold grille shining,he must be sooo conservative." Stop this before the mods do.

HotRodSaint
03-04-06, 12:37 PM
Interesting...

When one thinks of a liberals and what they drive, one tends to think of Volvos and Subarus. Chevies and Fords never enter the mind.

For upscale liberals, one tends to think of BMW's and Mercedes, not Cadillacs and Lincolns.

I wonder if a study has ever been done on the car buying habits of the left and the right? And how that has effected American industrial policy??

Jonas McFeely
03-04-06, 12:56 PM
Interesting.I'd love to see something like that,im sure its out there.I agree,it seems the majority of cadillac owners are conservative,and my poll showed before it got shut down.Im just a rare breed of liberal that buys cars based on what they look like and perform like,not what my political party told me was the right choice.Cause dammit,'Merican cars are for 'Merican people,Jap cars are for Japs.,and anyone who thinks otherwise is a flag burning tree hugging jesus hating satanist who should be exterminated like the roaches they are.

No one can let anything go.I try,someone says something else thats ignorant...

Night Wolf
03-04-06, 12:57 PM
Interesting...

When one thinks of a liberals and what they drive, one tends to think of Volvos and Subarus. Chevies and Fords never enter the mind.

For upscale liberals, one tends to think of BMW's and Mercedes, not Cadillacs and Lincolns.

I wonder if a study has ever been done on the car buying habits of the left and the right? And how that has effected American industrial policy??

:thumbsup: