: I love my V!

GOTTSPD
03-03-06, 09:05 AM
Just thought I'd do an I love my V post.

Had fun taking my daughter to school (i.e., daycare) this AM.

After I dropped my daughter off, which is always a little sad because I end up missing her during the day, when I walked back out to my car, I was taken at how attractive I think this car is (especially with the GM accessory rims). Its just so mean looking. I love that. It made for a nice drive into the office.

:thumbsup:

CIWS
03-03-06, 09:23 AM
I think the GM accessory rims suck, that's why you should send yours to me so that I can put them on my V and look at them each day repeating that phrase. If you send them to me I'll promise to say that each day before driving around town with them :bouncy:

I agree with how the car looks (and drives), and I still get compliments on it from other people I do not even know. I was out cleaning it the other day and had a guy in a 280Z stop as he was passing by and simply said "that's a beautiful car dude, it looks bad ass" I've seen some post on here they never have others comment to them on how nice their car looks, but I have to guess I'm making up for that around here.

Kadonny
03-03-06, 09:36 AM
You guys are killing me! I am waiting for the magic phone call from the dealer any day now that my 06 is in the house! W00t, w00t!

V-SATX
03-03-06, 10:16 AM
Me too! Thanks for the positive post. Here is a sign that you love your V: When you park it at the mall; a 1/4 mile from any other car, and you look back at it four or five times and admire how good it looks and at the same time your wife punches you in the arm asking why you don't look at her that way...you know you are obsessed!:eek:

NH Vrod
03-03-06, 10:49 AM
I parked my V in early November for the winter and it is killing me!
I go home on the weekends, stand in the garage drink and look at it, ok maybe I have waxed it a few times, ok, maybe every weekend.
Can't wait to get it back on the road!!!

Kadonny
03-03-06, 10:55 AM
I parked my V in early November for the winter and it is killing me!
I go home on the weekends, stand in the garage drink and look at it, ok maybe I have waxed it a few times, ok, maybe every weekend.
Can't wait to get it back on the road!!!

Spring is almost here baby. Just a few more weeks now.

DarkKnight
03-03-06, 11:41 AM
I do the same thing, take my daughters to school, but I find myself choosing to use my wifeís Navigator more and more lately, itís much more comfortable in the morning. I also have the GM accessory wheels, Corsa and a low profile spoiler, but I find myself thinking it's not aggressive looking enough, handsome yes, aggressive no. I need to wash it, maybe that would help me want to drive her more.

GOTTSPD
03-03-06, 12:14 PM
I suppose I should admit that some of the "badass" factor is diminished by the baby seat in the back. I think it just makes me a cool dad. Still weird to think that I'm a dad. Daughter is only 6 months old. Anyway, I digress....

The dark tint does make it a bit harder to see the baby seat though.

DarkKnight
03-03-06, 12:19 PM
I suppose I should admit that some of the "badass" factor is diminished by the baby seat in the back. I think it just makes me a cool dad. Still weird to think that I'm a dad. Daughter is only 6 months old. Anyway, I digress....

The dark tint does make it a bit harder to see the baby seat though.

Wow, it sounds like you are describing my V! I have a child's car seat and tinted windows also, is your V black?

BadCad
03-03-06, 12:37 PM
here in SoCal, no one's really looking at these cars like you guys are describing, unless others here refute me. i guess there are so many other cars here that are more unusual or most people are just plain blase unless something really exotic comes by....

NH Vrod
03-03-06, 12:52 PM
Well at lease they know what they are, up here everyone things it's a CTS, when I say no it is a V they just say, oh ya nice car, but I know they don't have a clue.

pimpcaddy
03-03-06, 01:01 PM
I love my V too. So far other than the neighborhood kid, no one else has complimented me on the V. I haven't had this much fun since having the Syclone, Grand Sport and 748.

Have a great weekend.

Dave

P.S. I will be installing the Autovation pedal covers.

obzidian
03-03-06, 02:02 PM
I with all you guys. When i go to work or just for a ride, which i do that ALOT, i love walking to and from the car. I do that turn around thing almost always, its just so nice!! However, i get a bit fed up with the clunk, add miami allday traffic and i get a bit worked up..

But, when i get to my destination, i turn around and admire how stunning this car really is. There is nothing on the road that even comes close to its looks, design-wise, and overall package.

I dont have a babyseat but mine is balck with 5% tints on it, very dark but i got used to it... i almost feel as if ppl can still see inside and that i need to go darker...but, there really isnt a darker tint unless i double tint the glass!!!

Funny story, last night i was gasing here up after not having my car fopr almost a month and a half... anyways, i walk back to the pump and there was this 06 lexus gs in the other pump. The two guys were talking and as i walked by, i heard one guy say "Man, now that is one bad ass caddi..." All smiles from me, was gonna approach him but he later said "that thing moves hard, its got a V-12..."

WTF!! his buddy was like really....oh, i guess he can beat my gs..

I was laughing so hard inside that i just finished gassing up and gopt in the car and left....crying the whole way home with my gf joining in on the fun.

GOTTSPD
03-03-06, 02:08 PM
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: Yup, my V is black too! A friend dubbed it the "MackDaddyCaddy."

I don't tend to get much attention in it, but that's okay. I didn't buy it for anyone else. Heck, even the NSX doesn't garner all that much attention, certainly more, but around here in DC, it's not unusual to see red sports cars. I was in my buddy's black NSX and no one even noticed it. It felt like we were in an Accord coupe. ;)

Anyway, just got back from lunch - coworker drove us and I found myself staring at my car as we came back into the parking lot at the office. :)

++Fixx++
03-03-06, 02:35 PM
Just this morning I was approached by two of the grocery clerks as I was leaving the store and they wanted to know all about that bad ass Caddy I had parked in their lot. :) By the way the Baby seat, window tint and Corvette Fuel Rail covers adds an additional 80 horses.;)

I WISH!

++Fixx++

Kadonny
03-03-06, 03:30 PM
I'll admit the V-12 in these cars rocks hard!

Koooop
03-03-06, 03:54 PM
I took the wife out to dinner last night, nice place at the beach. I'm pulling up to the Valet and there is a spankin' new paper plates F430 pulling in, he kept tapping the gas on what sounded like a Tubi Exhaust (sounded sweet). So naturally I got my pipes next to his drivers window (which was rolled up) and tapped my gas just a little (Magnaflow). I figured he didn't notice, but later in the restaurant he came up to me (turned out I knew him, he saw my Koop plate) and says:

"Koop! What's in that thing? It sounds wicked!"

I just said "LS6".

He replied "Out of a Z06? Very cool".

Ya gotta love a real car enthusiast.

I love the V.

heavymetals
03-03-06, 03:57 PM
I put my V above my Vette.

(only because it is up on jack stands at the moment):histeric:

rand49er
03-03-06, 04:36 PM
Wow, it sounds like you are describing my V! I have a child's car seat and tinted windows also, is your V black?Stealth gray here, no tinted windows, BUT child seat in the middle of the back seat ... yup, yup. :)

Kadonny
03-03-06, 04:49 PM
Stealth gray here, no tinted windows, BUT child seat in the middle of the back seat ... yup, yup. :)

Ahhhhhh. SG, the fastest color. Nice.

VELOSE
03-03-06, 05:01 PM
Lately I've been staring at the V in the garage. I don't want to move him much because I put a good amount of miles on it when I went to San Diego a couple of weeks back. Also, the last time I drove it is when I smoked that 350Z and Camaro SS modded. Just trying to stay within 15k miles a year. :D

I agree though, the V is unique and that's what I like about it. I get looks all the time now. When I was stock, I received a few looks and praises. Now with the 20" Asanti's and Bassani exhaust, I get even more fingers pointed at me, not that I'm looking for it.:D

I will be using a baby car seat in the next few months too. Baby Justin can't wait to go in the V. He's already head bunting the wife wanting out.:D

GOTTSPD
03-03-06, 05:07 PM
I will be using a baby car seat in the next few months too. Baby Justin can't wait to go in the V. He's already head bunting the wife wanting out.:D

Congratulations!

Depending on the car seat, you may find the front passenger seat has to be fairly upright. Once our children get to face forward, that minor issue will go away...

VELOSE
03-03-06, 07:11 PM
Congratulations!

Depending on the car seat, you may find the front passenger seat has to be fairly upright. Once our children get to face forward, that minor issue will go away...

Thanks for the tip. Once he can sit upright, I'm getting a Recaro seat in black.:thumbsup:

Davidstan
03-03-06, 09:29 PM
Saw Paris Hilton on the hood of a V last nite on tv. Told the wife and of course she thinks she is a tramp and thought it degraded all of us.:thepan: Nice shot though.

NoSlackCadillac
03-03-06, 10:36 PM
Few cars out there can paste a grin on your face at the road course on Sunday then haul my family of 5 to school on Monday morning.

While I still get a number of comments from informed auto lovers, I must say I really enjoyed all the 2nd and 3rd graders running over to see the car when I picked my daughter up from school the other day. Seeing the smile on my daughter's face was as good as lapping an M3.

Florian
03-03-06, 11:41 PM
heavy, that avatar dude it really starting to scare me now...keep seeing that 1000 yd. stare.....

F

heavymetals
03-03-06, 11:42 PM
Saw Paris Hilton on the hood of a V last nite on tv. Told the wife and of course she thinks she is a tramp and thought it degraded all of us.:thepan: Nice shot though.

Ask your wife who degrades women more, Paris or Hillary.

Just to make this relevant, Cadillacs treatment of the V owners degrades the whole line.

Oh, and I really REALLY like my V.

GT04CTS-V
03-04-06, 09:01 AM
Not only do I love the look and power of my V. I like the fact that it's rare. I haven't seen one on the road for over two months.

GT