: Lemon Candidate? Considering SRT8

CTS5
03-03-06, 12:00 AM
I'm so fed up with my V. There are inherent design flaws that I just can't abide by any longer. Take the latest episode...I sprained my left ankle pretty good this week and I find that under these situations the clutch pedal is not designed to work well with only one good foot. I wouldn't have this problem with a Soviet Racing Team 8! OK, I have no major diff problems, one replaced due to whining at 500 miles, new diff quiet as a churchmouse for 4000 miles since. Probably wouldn't have this problem on the SRT8 and it's open non=posi diff. Strike 2. Of course they gave me another V to drive instead of an Aspen or Cirrus so that's good. I mean, look at these drawings of the SRT8 Zil sedans:
http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/zilpr.jpg

What beauty and performance...For 8 people it looks like! My V...5 people max and I have to select my own ratios and control traction with a clutch. Silly. Those SRT8 Zil's get Rusky limo styling, big props dubs, Snoop Dog and Chairman Lee commercials. And DCX is ahead of the curve with non-runflats on a family sedan and no spare tire. More displacement for the Kicker bass sub to show who's the real playa!

Where's Ace? I want to make lemonade. A clutch...How 3rd world. What was Cadillac thinking? CVP was right....All this driver involvement in a nimble sedan is crazy. I think I'm ready to step up yo a Zil. Autosticky here I come!

StealthV
03-03-06, 12:06 AM
I'll give you $25k for your crappy V.

Soviet Racing Team. :histeric:

ace996
03-03-06, 12:17 AM
Where's Ace? I want to make lemonade. A clutch...How 3rd world. What was Cadillac thinking? CVP was right....All this driver involvement in a nimble sedan is crazy. I think I'm ready to step up yo a Zil. Autosticky here I come!

I'm here...count to 10...relax...its OK.

I can't agree with the 'no clutch' sentiment...I'll NEVER own a car without a clutch...or with DUBS, but that's just my motorsports soul taking charge of my vehicle choices. I've been looking at the SRTs and although I may like one later in life...or if I lose my left foot, I just can't get over the weight or the automatic. I'm not ready for that car yet.

I love the V...just not mine. My tailshaft seal is leaking yet again...not even 2 weeks since the dealership replaced the last seal that was leaking. It'll not be long now...stay tuned.
-ace

DarkKnight
03-03-06, 01:20 AM
I read on the one of the many SRT-8 threads over on the GTO forum (one of the GTO owners works for DC) that there are a few test mules running around with 450HP HEMIs. It's supposed to be the next power upgrade for the SRTs as the regular 5.7 HEMI will be upgraded to 385HP.

JBeechel
03-03-06, 03:26 AM
Power upgrades, my business partner has 580rwhp coming from his SRT-8 with a Blower on it and some other mods... pretty badass

Kadonny
03-03-06, 07:35 AM
I'm so fed up with my V. There are inherent design flaws that I just can't abide by any longer. Take the latest episode...I sprained my left ankle pretty good this week and I find that under these situations the clutch pedal is not designed to work well with only one good foot. I wouldn't have this problem with a Soviet Racing Team 8! OK, I have no major diff problems, one replaced due to whining at 500 miles, new diff quiet as a churchmouse for 4000 miles since. Probably wouldn't have this problem on the SRT8 and it's open non=posi diff. Strike 2. Of course they gave me another V to drive instead of an Aspen or Cirrus so that's good. I mean, look at these drawings of the SRT8 Zil sedans:

What beauty and performance...For 8 people it looks like! My V...5 people max and I have to select my own ratios and control traction with a clutch. Silly. Those SRT8 Zil's get Rusky limo styling, big props dubs, Snoop Dog and Chairman Lee commercials. And DCX is ahead of the curve with non-runflats on a family sedan and no spare tire. More displacement for the Kicker bass sub to show who's the real playa!

:worship: You are 1000% correct. I am cancelling my order for the V today. Dodge dealer here I come!

Indy-V
03-03-06, 08:26 AM
I think you guys meant to post in the "I'm a little whiney bitch" forum.:crybaby:

By the way got a Corsa exhaust and CTS sport spoiler put on this week. YEA!!

Does anyone know these people, they're probably Dodge salespeople.

Kadonny
03-03-06, 08:33 AM
I think you guys meant to post in the "I'm a little whiney bitch" forum.:crybaby:

By the way got a Corsa exhaust and CTS sport spoiler put on this week. YEA!!

Does anyone know these people, they're probably Dodge salespeople.

I will assume you just have not had your coffee this morning and missed the huge "sarcasm" signs posted all over this thread.

Please tell me that.

Indy-V
03-03-06, 08:42 AM
The first post sounded like another whiner to me. Just get tired of hearing it.

Kadonny
03-03-06, 08:58 AM
The first post sounded like another whiner to me. Just get tired of hearing it.

Read it again. Read it carefully. He is actually making fun of the SRT. It is actually a very funny post.

Sacrasm and humor is good.

Indy-V
03-03-06, 09:08 AM
My bad, thought it was another one of those whiner posts. Someone else a few posts later said they were canceling their V order and I was just sick of hearing it. You have to admit there is alot of that on here. So my appologies if I have misunderstood the clever humor of the CTS-V owner.
Ummm...SRTs rule!!! Hows that?

Kadonny
03-03-06, 09:31 AM
Someone else a few posts later said they were canceling their V order and I was just sick of hearing it.

That poster was me :thumbsup: and I have NOT cancelled my order on the V, I too was being sarcastic. In fact, I am waiting any day now for the phone call that it has arrived at the dealer. I can't wait any longer, I may have to call them today to give me an update.

I know the threads bashing the V get old, but this thread was pure genius if you look deep enough into it ;)

And yes, GO SRT8!!!

oceanhut
03-03-06, 09:39 AM
My bad, thought it was another one of those whiner posts. Someone else a few posts later said they were canceling their V order and I was just sick of hearing it. You have to admit there is alot of that on here.?

Its unfortunate, but its the reality of this car; and I wouldnt get personally offended if I were you. I love to drive my V, I love the concept of the V, but since more times than not something is wrong with it....we lemon lawed it. Arbitration will begin, Im hoping, in the next three weeks. We are just in the final process now of subpoenaing witnesses and compiling all service records.
If you have a V that works, you are very fortunate. But I, and many others, do not. Its been in the shop for 50 days total in the 2 years ive owned it. I just got it back 2 weeks ago, and had to bring it back on monday because Competition mode no longer works (and TPS are functioning normally) and I still have not gotten the car back as of today. So now its over 50 days...argh. What am I leasing this car for??? All it does is sit in the shop!!

crowan
03-03-06, 10:02 AM
I, too, am getting a lemon law lawyer. Everytime I drive the V I get this weird sensation that makes me forget about any stresses or problems that I have, and I suddenly want to take the longest the longest route to wherever I am going. The result is that I burn more gasoline and I arrive with a strange "ear-to-ear" smile on my face. What is up with that? :mad:

I've taken the car to Lindsay Cadillac to have it checked for exhaust leaks into the cabin or electro-magnetic pulses that might be affecting my brain waves. Naturally, they tell me that feelings of euphoria when driving the V are "normal." :alchi: What kind of advice is that? No wonder GM is headed for Bankruptcy court!!

Finally, my compulsive urges to drive my Raven Black V repeatedly result in it getting dirty, and GM has NO CURE for the problem. During my year and a half of ownership, my V has been in the carwash nearly 200 times! And it continues to get dirty if I drive it the way it was intended to be driven! What was GM thinking when it built a car with lines that look so secuctive in black?

That's the kind of BS that has led me to decide that I will never buy a GM car again. Where's my lawyer? Its time to make some lemonade!

CR

DarkKnight
03-03-06, 10:39 AM
I have not washed my V in over a month, the last time I drove it was two weeks ago. Maybe I will wash it and drive it tomorrow, it just doesn't call to me from the garage anymore, even after lightly modding it. Oh well. :hmm:

thebigjimsho
03-03-06, 11:04 AM
I, too, am getting a lemon law lawyer. Everytime I drive the V I get this weird sensation that makes me forget about any stresses or problems that I have, and I suddenly want to take the longest the longest route to wherever I am going. The result is that I burn more gasoline and I arrive with a strange "ear-to-ear" smile on my face. What is up with that? :mad:

I've taken the car to Lindsay Cadillac to have it checked for exhaust leaks into the cabin or electro-magnetic pulses that might be affecting my brain waves. Naturally, they tell me that feelings of euphoria when driving the V are "normal." :alchi: What kind of advice is that? No wonder GM is headed for Bankruptcy court!!

Finally, my compulsive urges to drive my Raven Black V repeatedly result in it getting dirty, and GM has NO CURE for the problem. During my year and a half of ownership, my V has been in the carwash nearly 200 times! And it continues to get dirty if I drive it the way it was intended to be driven! What was GM thinking when it built a car with lines that look so secuctive in black?

That's the kind of BS that has led me to decide that I will never buy a GM car again. Where's my lawyer? Its time to make some lemonade!

CR200 times? I've had my TC washed about 300 times in 2 years and I've detailed it and waxed it 9 times and it still doesn't look like I want it to. Unless you're washing by hand(I know you're not), how's the finish holding up?

crowan
03-03-06, 01:06 PM
200 times? I've had my TC washed about 300 times in 2 years and I've detailed it and waxed it 9 times and it still doesn't look like I want it to. Unless you're washing by hand(I know you're not), how's the finish holding up?

Seriously, as good as the V looks in black, I will never buy another one in the same color. I have never had a car that was so hard to keep clean and swirl-free. My Jeep has a metallic black finish and it hides dirt and swirls fairly well. I definitely wish I had gotten the platinum.

CR

Kadonny
03-03-06, 01:27 PM
Seriously, as good as the V looks in black, I will never buy another one in the same color. I have never had a car that was so hard to keep clean and swirl-free. My Jeep has a metallic black finish and it hides dirt and swirls fairly well. I definitely wish I had gotten the platinum.

CR

Or the SG :thumbsup:

Katshot
03-03-06, 01:31 PM
200 times? I've had my TC washed about 300 times in 2 years and I've detailed it and waxed it 9 times and it still doesn't look like I want it to. Unless you're washing by hand(I know you're not), how's the finish holding up?

300 times in 2 years?! Why are you washing a car every 2-3 days?

thebigjimsho
03-03-06, 01:44 PM
300 times in 2 years?! Why are you washing a car every 2-3 days?I've washed the TC 3 times in a day on more than one occasion. We've got a carwash chain in N.E. that gives you unlimited washes for $300 a year. When your car needs to stay clean and there is NO WAY to hand wash it while on the road, this is a bargain.

Actually, I think 300 is a fairly conservative number. It may well be in the 400-450 range.

lawfive
03-03-06, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup: Platinum :thumbsup:

VELOSE
03-03-06, 05:22 PM
I wish they had made a white V. Just imagine the beauty in that. White, black leather, black CCW wheels, and a polished maggie under the hood.:eek:

I think it's time for an insurance job. I need to paint my V white. :D

DILLIGAF
03-03-06, 05:28 PM
I like the 300 srt8s.The regular 300s suck,they are everywhere,i'm sick of seeing them.I will soon be sick of the srt8 thing altogether.I was pondering a charger for my kid,look at the hockey stripes those dodge ***s are putting on their chargers,looks stupid after you've seen 20 of them.All in all the dodges are boring,I would like one for a month and then I would get ill just looking at it.I don't care how much I modded it I would get bored with it.I'll keep the V with its quirks and keep banging gears.

CVP33
03-03-06, 05:39 PM

Great post. Not quite as witty as some but it'll do. For the record I didn't have any problems with 4,000 miles on the odometer and probably would've made a baseless, ill informed post like yours above. At 4,000 miles you've already replaced a rear differential so you're already way ahead of where I was with my 2004 and my 2005.

My problems started at 8,367 miles, then again at 9,664, again at 9,720, again at 15,732, again at 17,372, again at 18,990, again at 22,151, again at 27,171, again at 27,538, againt at 28,000 and then finally just under 30,000 when I traded it with another blown transmission, it's second. I hope you never have a problem with your V. Whoops, too late. I hope you don't have anymore problems with your V.

Driving one is awesome. Breaking one again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again is tiresome. I love an involved driving experience. Just not one that demands visiting the service center monthly or weekly.

Take care and be safe. :thumbsup:

AmesCTS-V
03-03-06, 06:28 PM
I don't know that instantly dismissing those with 4k miles and no problems as not being valid cases makes sense. Mine has 4k miles, but every single mile is stop and go. It's never been more than 30 miles from home. All that stop and go city driving puts more wear/stress on a clutch and rear end than most people have at 8k miles.

CarToys
03-03-06, 08:48 PM
I wish they had made a white V. Just imagine the beauty in that. White, black leather, black CCW wheels, and a polished maggie under the hood.:eek:

I think it's time for an insurance job. I need to paint my V white. :D

I'll probably regret this but...

You mean like this?

CVP33
03-03-06, 08:54 PM
I don't know that instantly dismissing those with 4k miles and no problems as not being valid cases makes sense. Mine has 4k miles, but every single mile is stop and go. It's never been more than 30 miles from home. All that stop and go city driving puts more wear/stress on a clutch and rear end than most people have at 8k miles.

Not dismissing just explaining that had I been asked what I thought about my 2004 or 2005 V at 4K, 5K, 6K, 7K or even 8K I would've proclaimed it the best built car ever. Give it time. I doubt highly that you'll see many commercials for GM products proclaiming them the most trouble free cars built in America under 10,000 miles. Longevity is the game. Same reason I'm not bragging about my 4,000 trouble free SRT-8 miles. Who cares? Call me when you get to 30,000 without an issue. That's quality. :thumbsup:

Katshot
03-03-06, 10:26 PM
Not dismissing just explaining that had I been asked what I thought about my 2004 or 2005 V at 4K, 5K, 6K, 7K or even 8K I would've proclaimed it the best built car ever. Give it time. I doubt highly that you'll see many commercials for GM products proclaiming them the most trouble free cars built in America under 10,000 miles. Longevity is the game. Same reason I'm not bragging about my 4,000 trouble free SRT-8 miles. Who cares? Call me when you get to 30,000 without an issue. That's quality. :thumbsup:

Agreed!
I can't tell you how many GM cars I've had. WAY too many to list. But the reason, I probably wouldn't be SERIOUSLY looking at a GM product any time soon is because of my LAST one. My 2000 Denali was a great truck that just lacked proper support. The few problems I had weren't really terrible, it was the fact that GM forced me to fight with them constantly to get them fixed. I just can't see spending $50K on a vehicle and then getting treated like an idiot everytime I have an issue with it.
I now have a '03 Lincoln Aviator. It's had a couple issues but the dealership has done a pretty good job overall getting them taken care of. Do I expect totally trouble-free ownership? No. Do I expect to be treated with respect and courtesy when I DO have a problem? Yes. GM didn't, Ford does, end of story.

CTS5
03-03-06, 11:00 PM
Great post. Not quite as witty as some but it'll do. For the record I didn't have any problems with 4,000 miles on the odometer and probably would've made a baseless, ill informed post like yours above. At 4,000 miles you've already replaced a rear differential so you're already way ahead of where I was with my 2004 and my 2005.

My problems started at 8,367 miles, then again at 9,664, again at 9,720, again at 15,732, again at 17,372, again at 18,990, again at 22,151, again at 27,171, again at 27,538, againt at 28,000 and then finally just under 30,000 when I traded it with another blown transmission, it's second. I hope you never have a problem with your V. Whoops, too late. I hope you don't have anymore problems with your V.

Driving one is awesome. Breaking one again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again is tiresome. I love an involved driving experience. Just not one that demands visiting the service center monthly or weekly.

Take care and be safe. :thumbsup:

CVP - I just thought this place needed a little perspective on what seems to be neverending Lemon threads lately. Yes, I had the diff replaced for whining/growling. A painless experience for me. I live 6 miles from work and pass my Caddy dealer on every trip. I like the service writers, the techs and the GM. I thought I had the growl on the new diff one morning and they drained and re-filled the diff including the grape stuff in 10 minutes. A few figure 8's in the parking lot and I was on my way. I know you had dealer issues and also that you did not lemon your V. There's numerous folks with Maggie's on this board with less problems then I've had and 10's of thousands miles more.

I enjoy the dealer experience, looking at the techs/writers modded V's, talking about their agressive alignment specs they're running etc. When I leave it I ask that they don't wash it, get into their pre-arranged Caddy or Hummer and drive of after telling them I'm in no hurry. Very similar experiences that I had with my 97 and 98 C5's, except I get better loaners.

Good luck with the Mercpar! :highfive:

DaveBlk
03-03-06, 11:13 PM
Can't understand this? I drive her hard . Sometimes put here away wet. Sometimes beat her. Rub her ocassionally. Once in a while i lube her. Love her a lot and SHE STILL TREATS ME GOOD!!!!!!:thumbsup: The cars great !!!! One of the best i've had and i've owned at least 34 new cars. Hell GM probably made $2000000 of me . I woudn't get rid of the V unless it was for another !!! Sounds like I'd be cheating even saying that!!! :) Get another You've only had bad luck and a bad set of dealers CVP33.!

Florian
03-03-06, 11:46 PM
almost 50K miles, a few probs...but I think Ill keep her anyway.

F

ctsvett
03-04-06, 02:19 AM
That white one is not a real v...

prove me wrong...

Reed

Katshot
03-04-06, 06:09 AM
Never ceases to amaze me, what some people feel is "acceptable" with respect to a car's need for dealer attention. I don't care HOW much I like a car, if I had as many trips to the dealer as many of you, I'd do whatever I had to, to get rid of the car.

CarToys
03-04-06, 09:18 AM
That white one is not a real v...

prove me wrong...

Reed

Didn't say it was. Just tried to show the color on a V nose. I guess my assumption that I'd get a hostile comment was correct.

crowan
03-04-06, 09:22 AM
Didn't say it was. Just tried to show the color on a V nose. I guess my assumption that I'd get a hostile comment was correct.

You think THAT was a hostile response? You must be a newbie here! :histeric:

CR

CarToys
03-04-06, 09:37 AM
You think THAT was a hostile response? You must be a newbie here! :histeric:

CR

I know it was mild in comparison to some, but I guess I'm starting to get concerned with the creeping negativism in the forum.

CTS5
03-04-06, 11:23 AM
Hmmmm...I just noticed I'm averaging 100 miles driven per post here.

Katshot - To each their own. If it was inconvenient to have service done and the resultant repairs/adjustments were less than satisfactory then yes, I would think that I would have the same negative attitude towards dealer experiences. For instance, some guys lube the new (TSB anti-wheelhop) bushings themselves on a semi-regular basis. Why? I assume it's because it's more convenient then having the dealer do it. Not in my case, the dealer can lube them up (dropping the cradle) whenever they get creaky ubtil a new solution is provided. Also this provides feedback into Cadillac's database that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

SoCadillac
03-04-06, 12:02 PM
If GM were to provide a reliable and worthy fix to the major issues tomorrow, would those people who sold their V and bought an SRT8 regret selling their V? Quite honestly all these Mopar designs are based on stuffing a big engine in a car, but the rest of the car looks like someone danced around it with an ugly-stick beating the hell out of it (need I highlight the four-door Charger). I'm talking put-a-bag-over-the-hood-and-drive-it-ugly. And if some very wealthy German entrepreneurs get their way (as they are working the German government on the regulation part) they intend to buy Mercedes, and prune its line to expensive models only, and dump Chrysler. Who will pickup Chrysler then? Who cares? SRT8 my ass...

CVP33
03-04-06, 01:00 PM
If GM were to provide a reliable and worthy fix to the major issues tomorrow, would those people who sold their V and bought an SRT8 regret selling their V? Quite honestly all these Mopar designs are based on stuffing a big engine in a car, but the rest of the car looks like someone danced around it with an ugly-stick beating the hell out of it (need I highlight the four-door Charger). I'm talking put-a-bag-over-the-hood-and-drive-it-ugly. And if some very wealthy German entrepreneurs get their way (as they are working the German government on the regulation part) they intend to buy Mercedes, and prune its line to expensive models only, and dump Chrysler. Who will pickup Chrysler then? Who cares? SRT8 my ass...

#1 - If GM would've fixed the V? How many times shoud I have let them? I thought 11 times was enough opportunity. I'm sure many feel the same.

#2 - Styling. Please.

#3 - Mercedes sell off Chrysler? Not with these sales. They're the only domestic brand growing market share and increasing sales. Well, besides Toyota.

SoCadillac
03-04-06, 01:26 PM
#1 - If GM would've fixed the V? How many times shoud I have let them? I thought 11 times was enough opportunity. I'm sure many feel the same.My statement was one of GM implementing the proper fixes.

#2 - Styling. Please.I'm with you on this one as it needs serious styling help. The 300 series looks like one should open the lid and shoes are inside.

#3 - Mercedes sell off Chrysler? Not with these sales. They're the only domestic brand growing market share and increasing sales. Well, besides Toyota.The people interested in acquiring Mercedes are devout Germans who want to reestablish Mercedes to its former glory and that does not include Chrysler.

CVP33
03-04-06, 03:53 PM
My statement was one of GM implementing the proper fixes.

Wishing will not fix it. At least it hasn't yet.

I'm with you on this one as it needs serious styling help. The 300 series looks like one should open the lid and shoes are inside.

Both vehicles have won many critics as to their styling. If overall sales were the deciding factor, I think you know who'd win.

The people interested in acquiring Mercedes are devout Germans who want to reestablish Mercedes to its former glory and that does not include Chrysler.

What could be more glorious than beating the Americans in their own economy? Something only the Japanese have been able to do. I should think the "devout Germans" would relish the opportunity.

VELOSE
03-06-06, 01:57 AM
Cartoys, thanks for letting me see what a white V looks like. God forbid I get into an accident or my V needs to be repainted for whatever reason, it'll be white after. :D