: Autovation Aluminum Pedals Group Buy

dannystang
03-02-06, 11:48 PM
http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html

The Pedals...

Lets get a list going I will call the Manufacturer...

Unless someone else wants to run this..

For now lets get a group going...

Retail $109....Last GB $89 w/shipping

See if we can get the same deal...

StealthV
03-02-06, 11:57 PM
Ok, I'm getting old. Are these the pedals a big chunk of us got way back when. You know, the "first" pedals... V logos optional, all that jazz....

It's just like free revs being two years old and not something new...I forget the details....

StealthV
03-03-06, 12:01 AM
Did some quick brain recharging. These aren't the pedals...

Carry on. :alchi:

rand49er
03-03-06, 12:21 AM
At $89 w/shipping, I'm in for a GB.

(Geez and holy crap, these mods are driving me crazy ... I'm DOOMED!:alchi: )

dannystang
03-03-06, 10:04 AM
Currently.

1) BigJimSho
2) Rand if at $89
3) Dannystang

Cmon people you know you need pedals

V-SATX
03-03-06, 11:32 AM
Currently.

1) BigJimSho
2) Rand if at $89
3) Dannystang
4) V-SATX

Cmon people you know you need pedals

I am in:bouncy:

nikon
03-03-06, 11:34 AM
if at 89$ Im on the edge put me down, but we have to see what bills are like in a week.

Kadonny
03-03-06, 12:14 PM
Here is all the information for anyone who needs it:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-group-purchases-member-discounts/50049-fs-autovation-cts-cts-v-billet.html#post424901

nikon
03-03-06, 12:50 PM
k, im in but has anyone driven barefoot with these pedals?? and can you get little rubber inserts??

thebigjimsho
03-03-06, 01:51 PM
Check out their site. Lots of options. I think I'm going for rubber inserts myself.

nikon
03-03-06, 02:52 PM
Check out their site. Lots of options. I think I'm going for rubber inserts myself.

yup just saw those, for the extra 30$ you cant beat it...woohoo!

dannystang
03-03-06, 06:09 PM
1) BigJimSho
2) Rand if at $89
3) Dannystang
4) V-SATX
5) Nikon

Cmon people were gonna need a few more if we hope to get the same deal..

50 4Ever
03-03-06, 08:42 PM
Ordered my Competition Matte Finish ones this morning. Couldn't wait for the group buy, sorry guys.

:burn:

Staxxin
03-03-06, 09:24 PM
I'm in!!!

dannystang
03-03-06, 10:33 PM
1) BigJimSho
2) Rand if at $89
3) Dannystang
4) V-SATX
5) Nikon
6) Staxxin

Cool moving right along...

:)

DaveBlk
03-04-06, 12:16 AM
I've got them installed already. AND WHO DRIVES THE V WITH "BARE FEET"

Florian
03-04-06, 12:43 AM
no kidding...you So Cal guys need to wear shoes. Not for the protection, but that god awful stink you got....

F

nikon
03-04-06, 02:10 AM
I've got them installed already. AND WHO DRIVES THE V WITH "BARE FEET"

hey, all I do is slip my sandles off and walla, im comfortable again :thumbsup: ok not completly bare, Ive got socks on ;)

atdeneve
03-04-06, 05:47 PM
Are these pedals actual replacement for the rubber stockers or do they just covers that fit on top of the current ones?

dannystang
03-04-06, 07:27 PM
Rubber comes off...flat piece of metal supports the old rubber stockers...

You drill into those, attach new pedals...

rand49er
03-04-06, 09:07 PM
Yo, danny ... how many we got?

And, how many you figure we need? ... 10? :cool:

atdeneve
03-05-06, 12:02 AM
Yahm in.

V-SATX
03-05-06, 11:39 AM
Danny,

How many do we need?:confused:

dannystang
03-05-06, 12:29 PM
I donno yet...I will call manufacturer tomorrow...

I didn't want to call prior to getting atleast a few...

Let you know monday...

rand49er
03-05-06, 10:15 PM
Bumpity-bump.

Thanks, danny.

CIWS
03-06-06, 09:07 AM
Go ahead and throw me into the count bucket. :)

I tried using the pedals off of some roses I gave a chick for valentines day, but they didn't last very long at all.
:alchi: <-(Absinthe)

dannystang
03-06-06, 02:30 PM
1) BigJimSho
2) Rand if at $89
3) Dannystang
4) V-SATX
5) Nikon
6) Staxxin
7) Atdeneve
8) CIWS

Looking good...

Still waiting on Manufacturer for official go for the old price.

Bump: for you new guys your clutch pedal if going to fall off eventually with usage might as well get in on this..Hell my brake pad is worn out also...

The go pedal still looks good though go figure I rarely brake

AutoVationJS
03-06-06, 11:20 PM
Hello Cadillacforum members. We will run a GB very shortly. We just have to update our vendor membership fees. The group buy price will be 20% off our website price of $109. That will be $87.20 plus $7.50 shipping. $94.70 total. We now have automatic transmission set as well:

Best regards,

Jeff Silva

http://www.autovation.net/images/js/avlogosmall80.jpg
Project Manager
AutoVation Technologies
www.AutoVation.net (http://www.autovation.net/)

dannystang
03-07-06, 12:25 AM
Thanks Jeff!

You didn't reply to my email though :(

Please email me back the guys on this board aren't very patient and Im sure don't want to wait very long..

dallas_cts
03-07-06, 12:31 AM
Does anyone have pictures of these in a CTS?

Florian
03-07-06, 12:38 AM
same as a V less one pedal on the left. The CTS pedals are slower too.....

F

dallas_cts
03-07-06, 01:25 AM
same as a V less one pedal on the left. The CTS pedals are slower too.....

F

Hilarious. I meant that I would like to see what they look like in a CTS. I don't particularly care if it is the 6 cylinder version or the 8 cylinder version with a slightly nicer front bumper. :thepan:

I found this pic:

dannystang
03-07-06, 09:17 AM
Bumpage...

Well atleast I don't need to keep following up on this now...

Glad Autovation Stepped in...

The real important thing here is do you have a front pose of the battle star galactica chick?

I believe I have yellow fever.

AutoVationJS
03-07-06, 10:12 AM
Thanks Jeff!

You didn't reply to my email though :(

Please email me back the guys on this board aren't very patient and Im sure don't want to wait very long..

I just received your message this morning. FYI, my email address is js@autovation.net. Your message was sent to sales@autovation.net which is fine but is not me personally. :)

I will post the GB this morning and provide the link on this thread. Thank you.

AutoVationJS
03-07-06, 10:18 AM
Does anyone have pictures of these in a CTS?

http://www.autovationparts.com/store/media/images/SPCACT5Minstalled.JPG

AutoVationJS
03-07-06, 11:09 AM
Ok, the AutoVation Racing Pedal Group Buy has started! We look forward to your business. Here is the link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-group-purchases-member-discounts/67564-autovation-cts-cts-v-racing-pedal.html

Thank you.

dannystang
03-07-06, 11:36 AM
Just ordered mine woohoo :)

V-SATX
03-07-06, 12:39 PM
Order complete, thank you Autovation and Danny:bouncy:

Grid Series Here

CIWS
03-07-06, 12:42 PM
Pedals ordered - Grid Series :D

rand49er
03-07-06, 01:23 PM
Pedals ordered - Grid Series :D:yeah:

Was just gonna get competition-matte, BUT DOG-GONE-IT, you guys just made me do the GRIDS !!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

AmesCTS-V
03-07-06, 01:45 PM
Just ordered. I went with inserts, it looks similar to my GTO pedals which I love.

nikon
03-07-06, 03:34 PM
Just ordered. I went with inserts, it looks similar to my GTO pedals which I love.

same here, and now that I remember back I do like the pedals in the gto....I just needed something with rubber on it. Thanks for setting this up guys.

dallas_cts
03-07-06, 04:49 PM
Bumpage...

Well atleast I don't need to keep following up on this now...

Glad Autovation Stepped in...

The real important thing here is do you have a front pose of the battle star galactica chick?

I believe I have yellow fever.

You asked for it:

thebigjimsho
03-07-06, 06:05 PM
Can we get in on a group buy of that?!?!:yeah:

thebigjimsho
03-07-06, 06:36 PM
Ordered. Inserts are a comin' my way.

dannystang
03-07-06, 08:39 PM
You asked for it:

Good god man!

Thanks

CIWS
03-07-06, 08:48 PM
COME ON GUYS, DON'T FALL FOR IT - THAT CHICK IS A CYLON !!!!

You are already in love with a machine and her name is V !! :thumbsup:

Staxxin
03-07-06, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know the difference between AT-4 and MT-5 series'?

dannystang
03-07-06, 09:09 PM
Automatic should be for the std cts?

dallas_cts
03-07-06, 09:10 PM
COME ON GUYS, DON'T FALL FOR IT - THAT CHICK IS A CYLON !!!!

Mmmmmm, Cylon, aauuughhh...:banana:

dannystang
03-07-06, 09:12 PM
Dallas that is inappropiate for the board...

We are all 12 years old here..and own $50,000 cadillacs

That seems rated pg-13.

Thought I would advise before you lock the Group Buy thread.

dallas_cts
03-07-06, 09:17 PM

That seems rated pg-13.

Thought I would advise before you lock the Group Buy thread.

Duely noted. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made that comment. But hey, you started it! Ok. No more pictures. I'll return to my hidey hole now. LOL

2004ctsv
03-07-06, 09:38 PM
I think I have ties older than that hotchie

T

rand49er
03-07-06, 11:17 PM

That seems rated pg-13.

Thought I would advise before you lock the Group Buy thread.danny!!! Where's your avatar?????? Dude, say it ain't so! ... your avatar is missing!!!!!

Man, and I was the last forum member to realize it was a "V" ... all this time looking at those legs ... ah, yes, those legs ... it was a "V" all this time ... and that scimpy little suit ... and the way those two legs came down together to form that V ... that lovely V ... danny! ... where's your avatar? :rant2:

AutoVationJS
03-08-06, 01:12 AM
Does anyone know the difference between AT-4 and MT-5 series'?

AT-4 = Automatic Transmission & 4 Piece Pedal Set
MT-5 = Manual Transmission & 5 Piece Pedal Set

Photos and ordering are here:

AutoVationJS
03-10-06, 09:39 AM
Mmmmmm, Cylon, aauuughhh...:banana:

:jawdrop:Hey, we are supposed to be selling pedals here. :)

CIWS
03-10-06, 09:55 AM
I think he was peddling something else ;)

Thanks for the group buy on your products. Once I receive them and get them installed I'll be sure to post pics. :thumbsup:

Staxxin
03-12-06, 09:44 PM
Grid series ordered :bouncy:

AutoVationJS
03-13-06, 11:05 AM
I think he was peddling something else ;)

Thanks for the group buy on your products. Once I receive them and get them installed I'll be sure to post pics. :thumbsup:

Super. Looking forward to the pics.

thebigjimsho
03-13-06, 06:12 PM
Great shipping time! Ordered last Tuesday, got my pedals today! Looks good.

CIWS
03-13-06, 07:05 PM
Yeah me too, arrived this afternoon. Hopefully will get a chance to put them on the car tomorrow. :)

rand49er
03-13-06, 10:59 PM
Great shipping time! Ordered last Tuesday, got my pedals today! Looks good.
.....................:yeah:

dannystang
03-14-06, 08:56 AM
Me 2 Arrived Yesterday Thanks AUTOVATION...

Oh btw...

Urbanksi your an ass*hole

lars464
03-14-06, 11:18 PM
Grid Ordered

dannystang
03-16-06, 02:57 PM
Bumpage because they overdelivered and underpromised!

For you future guys I would definately vouch for these guys...

And I think the group buy ends next week so its a good time :)

CIWS
03-16-06, 03:44 PM
Got mine in this afternoon. Had a couple of minor issues with the install, but it's all finished now. Here's a couple of pics. :) (Grid Series)

AmesCTS-V
03-16-06, 03:49 PM
Got mine in this afternoon. Had a couple of minor issues with the install, but it's all finished now. Here's a couple of pics. :) (Grid Series)
What problems did you have?

CIWS
03-16-06, 04:57 PM
The metal in the parking brake is some tough hard stuff for the self tapping screws, even after the hole was drilled. The first couple of S.T. screws that were included sheered off in the pedal. I went down to the local hardware store and purchased some different ones to use on the parking brake pedal. All of the others were fine for the job. Had to pick up an extra Cobalt drill bit too. One of the ones I had got toasted in the job. So if you haven't installed them yet, definately use Cobalt drill bits. The stock pedals are made of some hard stuff.

50 4Ever
03-16-06, 05:19 PM
I got mine in but was shorted 3 sheetmetal screws. Would have been great if there was a template. They look great.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AmesCTS-V
03-16-06, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll buy some screws ahead of time.

thebigjimsho
03-16-06, 06:29 PM
The metal in the parking brake is some tough hard stuff for the self tapping screws, even after the hole was drilled. The first couple of S.T. screws that were included sheered off in the pedal. I went down to the local hardware store and purchased some different ones to use on the parking brake pedal. All of the others were fine for the job. Had to pick up an extra Cobalt drill bit too. One of the ones I had got toasted in the job. So if you haven't installed them yet, definately use Cobalt drill bits. The stock pedals are made of some hard stuff.But just think, now not only will everyone see that you have a FOOT E-brake, but that you'll never lose grip slamming the pedal so your V won't moveon its own! Racy.......

V-SATX
03-16-06, 07:32 PM
Well I guess someone had to get the wrong order. Just got my wrong parts in today!!:rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

urbanski
03-16-06, 08:15 PM
Oh btw...

Urbanksi your an ass*hole
really now
why

AutoVationJS
03-16-06, 10:15 PM
Well I guess someone had to get the wrong order. Just got my wrong parts in today!!:rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

You actually ordered incorrectly. The manual set is part number SPCACT5M not SPCACT5A. http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html (http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html) Just return the automatic brake pedal only and we will ship you the manual brake and clutch pedal. Thank you.

AutoVationJS
03-16-06, 10:20 PM
I got mine in but was shorted 3 sheetmetal screws. Would have been great if there was a template. They look great.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be glad to send you more hardware. Just email me at js@autovation.net

V-SATX
03-16-06, 10:37 PM
You actually ordered incorrectly. The manual set is part number SPCACT5M not SPCACT5A. http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html (http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html) Just return the automatic brake pedal only and we will ship you the manual brake and clutch pedal. Thank you.

You provided the link along with the discount code to avoid this. I ordered directly from your link. I will return the brake pedal in the morning is it possible to get my correct parts shipped immediately?

AutoVationJS
03-16-06, 10:49 PM
You provided the link along with the discount code to avoid this. I ordered directly from your link. I will return the brake pedal in the morning is it possible to get my correct parts shipped immediately?

The only link I could have sent you was this one: http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html You would still need to choose AT or MT to add to the cart. No biggie. We will send you the brake and clutch pedal right away. Thank you.

V-SATX
03-16-06, 11:07 PM
The only link I could have sent you was this one: http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html You would still need to choose AT or MT to add to the cart. No biggie. We will send you the brake and clutch pedal right away. Thank you.

Thanks I will ship mine in the morning.

atdeneve
03-17-06, 07:27 AM
For those that have installed your pedals, did you manage to take off the plastic on the E-Brake? Did you drill/screw the gas pedal directly onto the existing plastic or does that come off as well?

atdeneve
03-17-06, 08:40 AM
CIWS, in comparison to my car, your gas pedal seems to be positioned much more in line/level with the brake pedal. The gas pedal in my car is a lot further back. Looking along the arm of the gas pedal, I see that there is a spring along the length of one of the pins/screws. Are the CTS-V gas pedals adjustable? If so, how do we go about adjusting it?

CIWS
03-17-06, 09:46 AM
For my install I went through the plastic on the E-brake and the gas pedal. For the clutch and brake I pulled the rubber covering off and drilled through the metal. As far as adjusting the gas pedal I don't know. In my case I didn't see a need to, everything positioned/fit fine.

thebigjimsho
03-18-06, 07:30 PM
I'm guessing Michael Schumacher never has stepped down onto an aluminum foot e-brake pedal.

lars464
03-18-06, 11:09 PM
My pedals got here in 2 days. Very fast delivery. I installed today. I also went over the plastic on the gas & e-brake. I decided to use screws and nuts on the e-brake instead of the self tappers supplied. Used 1 1/2 length, 8/32nd bolts with matching hex heads. I also decided to use 3 bolts on clutch and brake pedals instead of the 2 that most are using. They really look nice. I think I am going to get the heel guard now for my new v-mats. Took my time, painted the pedals. All in all about 1 1/2 hours.

dannystang
03-19-06, 11:54 AM
My pedals got here in 2 days. Very fast delivery. I installed today. I also went over the plastic on the gas & e-brake. I decided to use screws and nuts on the e-brake instead of the self tappers supplied. Used 1 1/2 length, 8/32nd bolts with matching hex heads. I also decided to use 3 bolts on clutch and brake pedals instead of the 2 that most are using. They really look nice. I think I am going to get the heel guard now for my new v-mats. Took my time, painted the pedals. All in all about 1 1/2 hours.

Painted the pedals?

What color?

I still haven't had the time to even take mine out of the box.

CIWS
03-19-06, 01:48 PM
Well it's rained almost constantly for the past two days here. So not only have I had a chance to try the V with the RSAs on a road trip in the rain, but I've also had the chance to check out the new pedals with wet feet climbing in and out of the car and can say my feet have not slipped off any of the pedals at all. They've held quite solidly. Thanks again for allowing the group buy on your product Autovation. :)

lars464
03-19-06, 03:30 PM
After I was done drilling, I painted the stock pedals gloss black before installing the Autovation set-up.

nikon
03-19-06, 11:37 PM
CIWS, in comparison to my car, your gas pedal seems to be positioned much more in line/level with the brake pedal. The gas pedal in my car is a lot further back. Looking along the arm of the gas pedal, I see that there is a spring along the length of one of the pins/screws. Are the CTS-V gas pedals adjustable? If so, how do we go about adjusting it?

didnt see any adjustments, almost looks like a break away or something, dunno, but ya I installed mine yesterday and love em, IM not too happy with my install job, the gas pedal could be a mm lower, but I can live with it....I for one however did not install the stupid e-brake pedal, and I must say with the aluminum pedals there now you dont even notice the e-brake :thumbsup: other than that I love these things, I got the inserts and they're nice and smooth on my feet for barefoot driving.....big thanks for the group buy, Ill post some pictures so you can see what I mean stealthing the e-brake :bouncy:

thebigjimsho
03-20-06, 12:11 AM
didnt see any adjustments, almost looks like a break away or something, dunno, but ya I installed mine yesterday and love em, IM not too happy with my install job, the gas pedal could be a mm lower, but I can live with it....I for one however did not install the stupid e-brake pedal, and I must say with the aluminum pedals there now you dont even notice the e-brake :thumbsup: other than that I love these things, I got the inserts and they're nice and smooth on my feet for barefoot driving.....big thanks for the group buy, Ill post some pictures so you can see what I mean stealthing the e-brake :bouncy:Dude, you are wise beyond your years!! And tasteful.

AutoVationJS
04-03-06, 03:34 PM
This is the last week for the CTS/CTS-V Group Buy. All orders must be in by Monday, April 10th. Thank you.

Click here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-group-purchases-member-discounts/67564-autovation-cts-cts-v-racing-pedal.html#post652762

dqw1
04-03-06, 05:56 PM
Put mine on over the weekend. Shipping was very quick. I installed everything, gas, brake, clutch, e-brake, foot rest and heel guard. Came out nice. I need to go back and paint the pedal and arms black now. Nice product.

AutoVationJS
04-07-06, 10:39 AM
Reminder, last weekend for the CTS/CTS-V Group Buy. All orders must be in by Monday, April 10th. Thank you.

Click here for GB:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-group-purchases-member-discounts/67564-autovation-cts-cts-v-racing-pedal.html#post658157