: LOL! Onstar taking some drugs off the streets....

Night Wolf
03-02-06, 10:26 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1676059&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Spyder
03-03-06, 12:00 PM
hahaha...funny. Drug dealers with Cadillacs? Novel idea!

:)

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 01:29 PM
OnStar is a horrible thing anyway i think.Yeah its cool if you need help or you get in an accident or if your car is stolen,but that means cops can track you wherever you go.If i ever bought a new cadillac i would have that crap taken out immediately.I dont want cops being able to find out where i am at all times and where ive been and all that.Though i doubt that happens alot,it could,and thats what scares me.

FSU_Noles
03-03-06, 02:12 PM
For some reason I sure do notice a lot of people here bashing OnStar. I have had it on one vehicle or another since 2001 and I have yet to be tracked down by cops for anything (okay, so I speed and roll the occassion stop sign - about it) or ever feel that I was being watched by Big Brother. Trust me when I tell you that if Big Brother wants to know where you are or what you are doing they have more ways than OnStar to do that - I thought 1984 passed 22 years ago.

I have used OnStar on many an occasion when I just couldn't get where I was going, or needed a heads-up on an alternate route. The most helpful it ever was for me was when my brother was evac'ing Biloxi prior to Katrina. He waited until the last minute and called me on the road asking if I could find him a hotel in Montgomery Alabama. I went to my trusty OnStar advisor and they were nice enough to search no less than 10 hotels and make the calls to check availability for me. OnStar got me a reservation at a reputable hotel and for that I was thankful for my brother's sake.

So if you don't like it fine, if you do fine, but OnStar is not the all-knowing electric eye - even if so - what do you have to hide?? It is what it is - a service that is offered.

Jonas McFeely
03-03-06, 02:34 PM
For some reason I sure do notice a lot of people here bashing OnStar. I have had it on one vehicle or another since 2001 and I have yet to be tracked down by cops for anything (okay, so I speed and roll the occassion stop sign - about it) or ever feel that I was being watched by Big Brother. Trust me when I tell you that if Big Brother wants to know where you are or what you are doing they have more ways than OnStar to do that - I thought 1984 passed 22 years ago.

I have used OnStar on many an occasion when I just couldn't get where I was going, or needed a heads-up on an alternate route. The most helpful it ever was for me was when my brother was evac'ing Biloxi prior to Katrina. He waited until the last minute and called me on the road asking if I could find him a hotel in Montgomery Alabama. I went to my trusty OnStar advisor and they were nice enough to search no less than 10 hotels and make the calls to check availability for me. OnStar got me a reservation at a reputable hotel and for that I was thankful for my brother's sake.

So if you don't like it fine, if you do fine, but OnStar is not the all-knowing electric eye - even if so - what do you have to hide?? It is what it is - a service that is offered.

Well put.And its not that i have anything to hide,its just one of those things that bothers me.I dont like stuff like that

davesdeville
03-06-06, 07:40 AM
Yeah FSU_Noles... just because they have other ways of tracking you means you should make it easy with OnStar. It's not just a service that can be turned off, sure the good parts can be turned off but we don't actually know if the authorities can track movements and listen in on what's being said in the car anyway.

I completely abhor the "you should accept it if you have nothing to hide" line of thinking. By the time I die, that thinking will be the reason privacy will be completely dead. Just say the word privacy and you'll probably get a ticket from a machine in the wall... (yes I'm referencing Demolition Man.)