: Good Enough For Car Show???

DaveBlk
03-02-06, 10:56 PM
I have a opportunity to go in a fairly large indoor car show with about 300 other units mostly high end and travelling cars!! I only have a maggie , custom engine dressup, spoiler ,pedals,and some minor cosmetics . Should i or will i look out of place even with the maggie.. Any recomends such as signs or any displays???:bigroll:

DILLIGAF
03-02-06, 11:12 PM
They have cars in Canada?

rand49er
03-02-06, 11:27 PM
They have cars in Canada?:tisk: (I know he's just kidding.)

What do the other cars have, just bling? Your car sounds pretty nice to me! :thumbsup:

Dennisscars
03-03-06, 12:28 AM
Go and have a ball... eh?
I go every chance I get, you get all kinds of neat and stupid questions about the car. Why did you put corvette FRC on a V6? How'd you do that?

I usually leave a Car/Driver Mag on the front somewhere. Start it up once in a while. Bring lawn chairs to get off your feet.

BadCad
03-03-06, 01:44 PM
you should go - even stock the V is an anomaly for most. many people don't know about the V even now, 3 years after intro. they'll think it is a heavily modified caddi.
you'll hear "you mean you have a manual tranny in there? how weird"

ps - let us know how it went.

Koooop
03-03-06, 02:01 PM
Go and have a ball... eh?
I go every chance I get, you get all kinds of neat and stupid questions about the car. Why did you put corvette FRC on a V6? How'd you do that?

I usually leave a Car/Driver Mag on the front somewhere. Start it up once in a while. Bring lawn chairs to get off your feet.

Those pics look like Pomona.

I put my V in shows every so often, no Maggie, just exhaust. The response is usually pretty good, people go nuts for the LS6. Try to park next to BMW, it's the best when people just walk on by the M cars and jump up and down over the V. :bouncy:

DaveBlk
03-03-06, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the input!!! Does anyone know how to get those standup signs you see at car shows next to vehicles stating specs, mods etc.?:bigroll:

Dennisscars
03-04-06, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the input!!! Does anyone know how to get those standup signs you see at car shows next to vehicles stating specs, mods etc.?:bigroll:
Usually there is a rep there, I think I have a card/web site around here somewhere. They look cool but was too rich for my blood and more junk to carry to the show.

Dennisscars
03-04-06, 12:19 AM
Those pics look like Pomona.
Yeah, I guess the bleachers kinda look like Pomona.. I take my '65 Corvette there so I can get a primo parking spot when I go to the swap meet. They let all the Corvettes park together up close.

The one with bleachers is Redline ALL corvette show at Simi High school.. boy, were they...:mad: seeing one of their motors fouled in another car..'course no one would run me..:thumbsup:

roadracerx72
03-04-06, 11:09 AM
I have a opportunity to go in a fairly large indoor car show with about 300 other units mostly high end and travelling cars!! I only have a maggie , custom engine dressup, spoiler ,pedals,and some minor cosmetics . Should i or will i look out of place even with the maggie.. Any recomends such as signs or any displays???:bigroll:

GO!!! And I bet you win best Mod!!

(and send pics later)

beve
03-04-06, 01:23 PM
"you mean you have a manual tranny in there? how weird"
Not to threadjack, but I've had people say that to me all the time. The look on their face when I tell them it's a Z06 motor is priceless.