: You Basturds !!!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 11:24 AM
well i havent had a cigarette in 5 days now , i do belive im gonna kill something , i just cant decide on what to destroy first .

got up friday morning out of cigarettes , but i looked over and saw i had those nicotine patches i bought 3 months ago . so i cut one in half and put the damned thing on . after throwing up twice haveing my arm burn from the inside out and falling over a few times i decided to take it off . after reading the instructions i realized that i cant smoke if i wanted to for another few hours :devil: . so 4 days later i still havent gotten a cigarette and no one will let me have one.... but if i keep feeling like crap and retain the inability to think stright im gonna break something :crying2:

anyway sorry for the rant BUT IM GOING NUKING FUTS OVER HERE

anyone got any ideas ?

airbalancer
01-06-04, 11:52 AM
Get a hold of your self.
Your are only 22 and have a hard to quit.
I has 30 when the wife and I went cold turkey!
That was 16 years ago went it was $1 a pack.
If you can do quit it will be the second best thing you can do for your body.
The first thing is SEX!

Elvis
01-06-04, 11:55 AM
Hang on, I can talk you through this.

I quit cigarettes on 1/1/97. I went on the patch, 21mg, slept in it, had crazy dreams, etc., etc., etc. It took three months to work my way down, but I did it. You can too. I was smoking about 30 cigs a day from 1983-1997. I was young, too. I hate to think of what I could have done physically during that time had I not been handicapping my heart and lungs.

Depending on how much you smoked before, you may not need a 21mg patch. Maybe 14mg or 7mg will work for you. Regardless, what you're probably dealing with is the habit of breathing, having something in your hand, and putting something in your mouth.

Yes, the patch itches and burns for the first 10-15 minutes it's on. You can't scratch it, either. The only way to temporarily stop the itching is to slap yourself where the patch is. I know, it's crazy but it works. It's also good to remember that if you're having a nicotine fit during the day, SLAP THE PATCH--it will stimulate circulation around that area and give you an extra little dose of nicotine. No kidding.

The patch is the best way to quit if you smoke more than a pack a day. If you smoke less, go get some nicorette gum, 4mg. You don't chew it all the time, just chew a few times, then put it between your cheek and gum like snuff. When you start to get that little buzz, take it out. I still buy the stuff and keep it in my desk at work. Some days I still need it.

Try drinking a LOT of water. The swallow reflex is similar to the act of inhaling a cigarette. Play with a pen or a pencil. Make yourself a FAKE cigarette by rolling up some paper and drawing on it like you're smoking a lit cigarette. Take DEEP breaths and hold them as long as you can. Time yourself. Every day that goes by you'll be able to increase the amount of time you can hold your breath. This all sounds crazy, but it worked to get me through those "mini-crises."

If you can go THREE DAYS without a patch or gum or any nicotine at all, you have whipped the physical addiction. Nicotine is as mentally addictive as heroin, but it's physically not as bad to kick. You'll just be constipated for a few days. Mentally, smoking has to be the toughest habit to kick.

Don't give up if you've already failed by the time you read this! Just start over, and keep trying. It's worth it, your HEART, LUNGS, and WALLET will ALL thank you.

Elvis
01-06-04, 11:57 AM
If you can do quit it will be the second best thing you can do for your body.
The first thing is SEX!

Quitting sex is GOOD for you?

NO WAY! :cookoo:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 12:05 PM
ahh i forgot about that gum stuff , getting some here in a little bit

JJhomer83
01-06-04, 02:47 PM
Hey stoneage.
I am going to try and quit today too.
its 245 and still have not had 1 smoke.
smoke about 30-35 smokes a day.
So ill keep you updated
i have been using a stress ball all day and been chewing normal gum
good luck we'll both need it

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 02:59 PM
30-35 a day ?????

holy crap dude , i think im gonna start back up i was only useing 1/2 pack a day (10) its a drop in the bucket compared to you and elvis

damn forgot to get that gum and more tums on the way home

Fritzi
01-06-04, 03:05 PM
good luck - I am planning on quitting in april, so I am going to have the same agnonizing experience that you are having. Keep up the good work.....break an egg:elvis1:

JJhomer83
01-06-04, 03:06 PM
and the sad thing is that i smoke reds,
but yeah well i have to quit.
ill do it eventually

Fritzi
01-06-04, 03:35 PM
i smoke reds too!

airbalancer
01-06-04, 03:45 PM
Sex is is the best thing you can do for your body!!!!!!!!( the more the better)

Fritzi
01-06-04, 03:49 PM
but after i have sex i want to smoke ------ so well..that's going to be a problem

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 04:12 PM
i smoked marlboro no 27s or camel turkish gold 100s

JJhomer83
01-06-04, 04:32 PM
i smoked marlboro no 27s or camel turkish gold 100s
those 27s are damn good

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 05:17 PM
smoooooth

hey that gum stuff rocks man , only took half a peice of the 2 mg type and i feel so much beatter now , the pissy mood ive been in is gone !!! of coarse its 45 bucks a package (looks like about 110 peices)

bharner
01-06-04, 05:43 PM
Have you ever thought of smoking weed. Gives you smoking pleasure plus a buzz. Also i think if everyone keeps smoking then we are gonna have to find a cure for cancer. there will be no other choice cuz everyone is gonna have some form of it.

Elvis
01-06-04, 05:51 PM
30-35 a day ?????

holy crap dude , i think im gonna start back up i was only useing 1/2 pack a day (10) its a drop in the bucket compared to you and elvis

damn forgot to get that gum and more tums on the way home

If that's all you smoke, you don't need a patch. You need gum and lots of exercise. Your problem is mostly mental, not physical.

YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!! :2thumbs:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 05:53 PM
naw , im ex military , wont touch the stuff

bigger problem with it is im in the inactive reserves and if i get caught and they find out what ive done i can be court mashaled and punished under military law

Stoneage_Caddy
01-06-04, 05:55 PM
"If that's all you smoke, you don't need a patch. You need gum and lots of exercise. Your problem is mostly mental, not physical.

YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!! "

after chewing a peice of that gum i know i can , thanks for the idea man !!!!

Scrapyard
01-06-04, 06:13 PM
You bunch of freak'n QUITERS! Am I the only one that has any ambition left. Look, you're gona die of something, so enjoy your life while you can. Besides, do you really want to be some geriatric fool scream'n for your pills and complaining about not being reagular? I tried quiting once, and I ended up smoking more. That's when I was 17 and only smoking 1/2 a pack of reds. Now I smoke 2 packs of Camel non- filters. You know what, liquify it and hook up to an IV, Maybe that'll work. Here, this looks like a good vaine. Am I a bit excentric, maybe. But at least I have a good time, lol.

Good luck Stoney. You're a better man then I.

c5 rv
01-06-04, 07:53 PM
Thanks Elvis! I just gave your post to my 19 y-o son who's been wanting to quit.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
01-06-04, 07:53 PM
Screw the patch and gum try smokeaway if you call them and told them you heard a radio add on 106.7 you get 50% off......money back if your not smoke free in 7 days...

Im such a tool

Elvis
01-07-04, 11:47 AM
You GOTTA exercise and drink a LOT of water to get through this. The rest of the time, try sleeping.

Part of the problem is you're getting more oxygen to your brain now because your lungs are clearing out. This gives you more energy, and even though nicotine is a stimulant, it relaxes you. Part of you craves that relaxation. That's why taking the deep breaths works so well, it slows down your heart rate.

(did I mention that I still enjoy a cigar every now and then? :lildevil: That's what I've gotta quit next.)

Vesicant
01-07-04, 08:24 PM
Ok first, dont turn this thread into an Advertising string for ciggi'es... lmao, we dont want to get sued. Secondly, just for a cool fact... in the first 6 months of not smoking you regain almost all of your lung capacity back! Your skin looks healthier, and you dont smell. For people who think it doesnt really matter anymore if you smoke or not... i feel sorrow for. Go ahead and live a short life, no worries about wasting this one :rolleyes:. Stoneage, you baby... lol. Tough it up man! Once you get through this ... you'll be able to BREATHE. Breathing, sounds familliar?

gothicaleigh
01-07-04, 09:28 PM
While recovering from your addiction check out this site:
www.thetruth.com
God, I love those commercials.