: Using Burned CDs

ponsonby
03-02-06, 01:27 PM
I have a new 2006 EXT, with factory installed 6-CD player. Is there any danger in using good quality burned CDs created on my pc using Nero?
Cheers!

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-02-06, 01:32 PM
There is no danger in using a burned cd in the factory 6-disc, however, do not use exotic colors of cd's. For instance, when you buy blank cd's, they give you choices of colors or a random assortment of colors to choose from. The factory 6-disc has problems with all the different colors of the cd's. Instead of using the exotic colors or any colors, use a standard black or a standard silver cd. No orange, red, blue, etc. Hope this helps. I only know this because my factory 6-disc stopped working because of my exotic colors of cd's. Anyways, post some pictures and congratulations on your new Escalade. :welcome: .

Thanks.

Synergetic
03-02-06, 02:13 PM
There is no danger in using a burned cd in the factory 6-disc, however, do not use exotic colors of cd's. For instance, when you buy blank cd's, they give you choices of colors or a random assortment of colors to choose from. The factory 6-disc has problems with all the different colors of the cd's. Instead of using the exotic colors or any colors, use a standard black or a standard silver cd. No orange, red, blue, etc. Hope this helps. I only know this because my factory 6-disc stopped working because of my exotic colors of cd's. Anyways, post some pictures and congratulations on your new Escalade. :welcome: .

Thanks.

Damn, are you serious?
Thats weird. I don't understand why it would do that.

Ive used burned CD's that are orange, red, blue, etc. But of course, thats with my Pioneer head unit, or the CD changer.

hcvone
03-02-06, 02:30 PM
I burn my own disks and have used all the different colors (not my choice) for the past few years and they have worked fine in my cars/SUV's

metalhead212
03-02-06, 02:31 PM
You should have no problem with using a standard disk. IF you are having trouble try picking up a laser head cleaner. They are pretty cheap and work wonders.