: Wot?

cnskyliner
03-02-06, 01:08 PM
How Do You Do A WOT? I Would Like To Do That!

Thanks
Eric

Tombo47
03-02-06, 02:02 PM
take your car to 55 mph, and then drop it into 2nd...let the car slow tiself down to about 40 mph. Then put the pedal to the floor to about 70, let it drift back and repeat.

also look in your mirrors for any smoke, thats you cleaning out your exhaust.

chevelle
03-02-06, 02:09 PM
How Do You Do A WOT? I Would Like To Do That!

Thanks
Eric

WOT just means Wide Open Throttle.....just floor it and let'er rip. Any operation at full throttle is fine, especially when merging onto the freeway, etc.

If you want to purposefully do a few WOTs to clear out the combustion chambers of carbon and exhaust system of debris and keep the piston rings mobil and free then do as recommended above. Find a clear stretch of road, put the trans in manual 2 at about 55 and whack the throttle wide open up to 70 or so and then let off the throttle and allow the engine to slow the car down to 55 or so. Repeat. Repeat 10 or 12 times and then drive normally to cool things down. The engine overrun is as important as the WOT operation as the low pressure and high RPM will cause the piston rings to move around and keep themselves free and mobil in the ring grooves.

fpmesiIII
03-02-06, 08:34 PM
see cadillac technical archive link located on the top of the web page.

infin1ty
03-02-06, 10:18 PM
You will learn to love this "maintenance".

cnskyliner
03-05-06, 12:37 PM
Oh Yes I Do Love That... Out In Montana You Can Book 90 No Problem. Everone Drives 85 Anyway! That North Star Sure Has A Lot Of Power!