: Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs

Nasty Black Lac
03-02-06, 11:56 AM
anyone tried the chrome turn signal bulbs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-ESCALADE-silver-chrome-turn-bulb-bulbs-SET-ext_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33717QQitemZ8041282 487QQrdZ1

Let me know!

Stuntless
03-02-06, 01:09 PM
Wow, I think those look pretty good.

hcvone
03-02-06, 01:22 PM
They are a must for Escalade owners, the amber color ruins the headlight look. I have not used those bulbs, I have used these before.
http://miata.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Pilot~t~Exterior+Replacement+Bulbs

http://www.autobarn.net/pivachbu.html

http://www.coolwheels.com/category_display.cfm?category_id=254

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-02-06, 01:26 PM
These are bulbs that I will be acquiring soon. They aren't expensive at all which is nice and they look real good. I guess it will inspire me to finally take apart my headlights and take out the amber reflectors as well. Haha. It is about time.

Thanks.

fast66
03-02-06, 03:33 PM
I already bought them and installed them. Worth the really easy install and gives it a great look. espcly on white escalade

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-02-06, 09:31 PM
Hcvone,
would you recommend this for a Black Caddy, and is it a must to clear the lenses

RobertJoseph17
03-02-06, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I just purchased a pair of these too, can't wait to put them in.

hcvone
03-03-06, 08:15 AM
Hcvone,
would you recommend this for a Black Caddy, and is it a must to clear the lenses

I did not clear my lenses, but the bulbs are a must for any color Escalade, I have about 10 Zaino customers with Escalade's and they all have chrome/amber bulbs instead of the stock amber look. :)

slk230mb
03-03-06, 09:13 AM
I have the chrome turn signal bulbs installed as well, it was the first I changed on the truck. It makes the front end look a lot cooler. :thumbsup:

Nasty Black Lac
03-03-06, 09:31 AM
I just bought some, are they difficult to install?

Also, what happens when you remove the amber reflector on the side?

jrs05caddyext
03-03-06, 09:42 AM
I just bought some, are they difficult to install?

Also, what happens when you remove the amber reflector on the side?

Your headlights will look like this...... I left mine without a bulb for now. I had installed hyper white but didnt like the look.

Stuntless
03-03-06, 01:57 PM
Okay I just ordered some. I'm terrible with cars, can I still do these myself or should I take it to the dealer and have them do it real quick?

jrs05caddyext
03-03-06, 02:05 PM
Okay I just ordered some. I'm terrible with cars, can I still do these myself or should I take it to the dealer and have them do it real quick?

You have to take you whole grill out to get to the headlights. After that there are to pins holding it in place. Pretty simple...

slk230mb
03-03-06, 02:28 PM
You have to take you whole grill out to get to the headlights. After that there are to pins holding it in place. Pretty simple...

:yeah:

It's one of the easiest things to do on our trucks.

Just pop the hood, remove the plastic radiator cover push pins, take out the one bolt holding the grill in place, remove the grill, take out the 2 pins in each headlight, then remove and replace the bulbs. Do it all in reverse and you're done. Even if you are totally confused and have no idea what's going on, I can't see it taking more than 30 minutes. :thumbsup:

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-03-06, 10:54 PM
what about clearing the lenses any body in the D.C metro area with experience with clearing lenses? plus it was a PITA installing this E&G custom grill I could'nt imagine havint to take it out any suggestions?

rawdog805
03-03-06, 11:13 PM
damn man I want the to clear my headlights out bad... but dont want to do it myself, and I dont think any shops in buffalo will do it for me...

Also on my 02 I did not have to remove my grill to install get the headlights out...

slk230mb
03-03-06, 11:36 PM
damn man I want the to clear my headlights out bad... but dont want to do it myself, and I dont think any shops in buffalo will do it for me...

Also on my 02 I did not have to remove my grill to install get the headlights out...

You don't have too, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

loanman
03-03-06, 11:50 PM
I have a black 03 with cleared headlights and just installed these bulbs, it looks great!

Synergetic
03-04-06, 07:36 AM
Removing the headlights is like going to the kitchen in the middle of night and eating some leftover cake. The hardest part is not waking up your girl. And the hardest part about removing your headlights is pulling the hood release button. Its too easy of a task and doesn't require to remove your grill. Pull the pins, pull the headlights, pull off the rubber back, pull the lights out of their slots and then push new ones in.

Simple! :)

RobertJoseph17
03-04-06, 04:55 PM
how do you clear your headlights?

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-04-06, 08:18 PM
Again can anybody in the Maryland D.C, Virginia area help me clear my lenses???

womsterr
03-06-06, 01:06 AM
Yea they sell the chrome silverstar turnsignals at the local autozone. Would like to know if its difficult to clear the stockers or are they replacements? I have zenons on my 05...

hornyjuan
03-06-06, 01:23 AM
Yea they sell the chrome silverstar turnsignals at the local autozone. Would like to know if its difficult to clear the stockers or are they replacements? I have zenons on my 05...

If your talking about the right and left headlight blinkers ie clear corners...yes it's very difficult. If you take out your headlight you'll see they use a special silicone to seal the headlights. You'll need to use a heat gun and careful unseal the light fixture without cracking it. I've done a bmw and because the unit is much smaller it's so much easier. Look how huge the Escalade headlight is. Then you'll need to find a super strong silicone to re-seal the headlight. From what i've seen, condesation tends to get into the lights when it gets wet or cold. That's why no one will warranty clearing escalade headlights. I wish they sold factory clear headlights...it's been 5 years now.

jrs05caddyext
03-06-06, 09:39 AM
I always wondered why they donít make clear corners for our Escalades. Itís pretty hard but mostly time consuming. You have to be real patient. So far I have done it twice and have not had any problems with condensation.

loanman
03-06-06, 01:03 PM
I too have done this twice with no problems! I never took the silicone that they used out I just put grey RTV in the channel put the headlight back together and used a clear silicone around the light after the RTV dried overnight and no problems!