: English Project Strikes Back

terrible one
03-01-06, 09:23 PM
Alright guys, some of you may remember me asking about someone to do for my English research thing. I was told that I couldn't do Harley Earl, but when I told my teacher that I was going to do someone else, she told me that whoever had Harley Earl had chosen someone else. Either way, I'm now doing Harley Earl for my English research project. I need to get started.

I have a lot of general information on the man, but I have to write a 3 point essay. I'm not trying to get people to do my project for me, but does anyone have ideas for three general points that aren't too much alike? That probably doesn't make much sense...

Caddy Man
03-04-06, 02:52 AM
every good paper needs a thesis. Form your own opinion on the man or his accomplishments/success and support your viewpoint with 3 examples/reasons which would be your 3 points.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-04-06, 05:27 PM
Cool you picked my suggestion. I would use his influence on dream/concept cars as one point. He started the whole thing with the Buick Y-job and it's an idea that is still alive and well. I would use his lower, longer, wider design philosophy as another. That philosophy defined auto design for years and produced some of the most influencial cars in American auto history, specifically the 1959 Cadillac. For a third point I would discuss his influence on generations of future designers, the fact that you are doing a paper on him should illustrate the influence he still has on people.

I'm not sure if this will help, just some ideas I came up with.