: KILLLL Central

04CTSVFLA
03-01-06, 09:43 PM
I am so happy right now. By far the most gratifying kill i have had yet. I know nothing about the car I raced, but it was probably automatic. It was a sand colored C5. As I was getting on the highway - long on ramp - I spotted him cruising in the middle lane. I instantly called my friend - who was driving in his cavalier :thumbsup: convertible - to see if he could video tape it because he had one in the car. I must have dialed his # wrong with my shaking hands. I was too excited about the race. So I trashed the idea of getting it on tape, and raced ahead. I caught up to him. Stayed next to him for a hot second so he could hear the rumble of the Magnaflow. I then dropped it to third and took off for a few seconds to show him i was soooooo game to race :stirpot: . He did the same...then we cruised next to eachother for a mile or so. Then he came up next to me and floored it, I dropped it into 3rd at around 83 mph by the time I was at 105-110 I was a good 3 lengths ahead. I was shitting my pants I was so thrilled :bighead: ......I rolled my window down and waved him goodbye as he was getting off the on ramp....I also flicked my hazards twice. Oh man I love this freaking car.......:worship:

new2here
03-01-06, 10:25 PM
shitting my pants
not too good for the pseudo leather insets in the seats of the V...

DrivingAmericanNow
03-01-06, 10:28 PM
Nice. Thanks for the report. I really miss my V. It's in storage for Ice Season and it helps to live vicariously. :thumbsup:

Got5onit
03-01-06, 10:47 PM

If he's got black leather, depending on what he ate, the stain may not be noticeable. :)

04CTSVFLA
03-02-06, 12:12 AM

very funny lol

Staxxin
03-02-06, 12:17 AM
For stains, try Oxy clearn. It works wonders :alchi:

LV_V
03-02-06, 12:32 AM
Pseudo suede.

thebigjimsho
03-02-06, 12:57 AM
Tell your friend in the Cavalier to watch out. There are Chrysler 300 SRT-8s that are looking to perform the kill...quite literally. And they're lurking on this board......

Got5onit
03-02-06, 12:59 AM
For stains, try Oxy clearn. It works wonders :alchi:

Ahhhhhhhh, spoken from experience, Danielson?

JOEYCTS-V
03-02-06, 02:06 AM
I also flicked my hazards twice

:bigroll:

GAGS-V
03-02-06, 03:02 AM
Be carefull of your kill stories, someone will come on here and tell you it's all B.S. Sounds like you had a real good time though.

10secvette
03-02-06, 03:45 AM
Be carefull of your kill stories, someone will come on here and tell you it's all B.S. Sounds like you had a real good time though.

Exactly, pure B.S., I'm sure of it. Everyone knows Corvettes never race.:yawn:

trukk
03-02-06, 11:40 AM
...I dropped it into 3rd at around 83 mph...

I don't get this. Do you mean 4th? Or do you have different gearing and/or non stock sized tires? Why drop it into 3rd for 10 Mph? At 85, in 4th you are around 4.5k rpms (no?), right near the torque sweet spot, I don't understand the downshift.

Have fun,

Chris

04CTSVFLA
03-02-06, 02:42 PM
I know I know, I should of left it in 4th, but I thought I would need every last bit of power to beat the guy...your probably right tho...driver error.

trukk
03-02-06, 03:46 PM
I know I know, I should of left it in 4th, but I thought I would need every last bit of power to beat the guy...your probably right tho...driver error.

LOL, not trying to slam you :D

Just was wondering. I know it took me a while to get used to the V's powerband when I got mine. The last stick I had was a 4 banger Honda. To get it to move, you had to be 1.5K below the red line or better.

Ain't the V fun?

-Chris

04CTSVFLA
03-02-06, 04:09 PM
Lol yep. I too had a 4 banger Honda....but it was a little roided out. All bolt ons plus n20...so it moved...but not like the V does.

barry007
03-02-06, 05:44 PM
... I was shitting my pants I was so thrilled :bighead: ......

well i guess this explains the cracked seats you were complaining about.