: How much more power...

Seattle CTS-V
03-01-06, 07:04 PM
...could I expect from adding headers and how much more from a CAI on my Maggied 2.8" V??

I want to get a StealthV tune but want my HP mods complete b/f the tune so I don't need to resend it back to StealthV. I need to decide if the headers/CAI are worth the extra $$.

stkshkr
03-01-06, 09:26 PM
I'd guess about 30 or so RWHP, don't forget to get the RT CATS. Get yours dynoed now and I'll let you know as I'm about to get mine dyno'd and I have headers RT CATS and Volant.

Luna.
03-01-06, 10:37 PM
CAI is perhaps the most worthless mod out there in terms of power gains to dollars spent.

Seattle CTS-V
03-01-06, 11:43 PM
CAI is perhaps the most worthless mod out there in terms of power gains to dollars spent.

I figured in a N/A application one would see modest gains but I thought in a FI case the intake would make a bigger difference. What about the sound?

Florian
03-02-06, 12:09 AM

F

V-Sting
03-02-06, 02:14 AM
Seattle, Which dealer did your Maggie install?

VELOSE
03-02-06, 02:48 AM
I say more hp won't make sense until you have better traction or stronger rearend. Also, it pretty much sucks when it's only used for short 1 mile runs.

Anyhow, maybe this will help you realize more hp is useless w/out traction. A Jetta VR6 with massive Turbo.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1374058673995286171&q=team+1320

trukk
03-02-06, 11:24 AM

IMHO, least efficient in terms of HP to Dollar for our cars would have to be Exhasut, followed by high flow cats by themselves (yes, my first two mods!) Factor in low maintenance, and 'sounds good' factor, and these two mods shoot to the top of the 'must do' list in my estimation.

My LPE CAI netted me 8rwhp/3rwtq. Not bad for $200, in the grand scheme of things. On the down side, my CAI has BY FAR been the most 'needy' of my mods in terms of maintenance and tweakage. This lowers it on my 'must do' list.

My $0.02

-Chris

Luna.
03-02-06, 02:20 PM
IMHO, least efficient in terms of HP to Dollar for our cars would have to be Exhasut, followed by high flow cats by themselves (yes, my first two mods!) Factor in low maintenance, and 'sounds good' factor, and these two mods shoot to the top of the 'must do' list in my estimation.

I don't believe someone should do the exhaust with the primary idea of performance in mind, for they will probably be disappointed as well. It will help and will probably generate better numbers than any CAI out there, but neither mod is THAT huge when it comes to performance.

And I don't believe that most people would even feel 8-10 HP.

Seattle CTS-V
03-02-06, 05:11 PM
I say more hp won't make sense until you have better traction or stronger rearend. Also, it pretty much sucks when it's only used for short 1 mile runs.

Anyhow, maybe this will help you realize more hp is useless w/out traction. A Jetta VR6 with massive Turbo.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1374058673995286171&q=team+1320

I have one more class to take b/f I can do lapping days at the track w/o an instructor. I don't plan to use my car for short little races. I'm gonna try some 275s on the stock wheels first and if that doesn't work I'll end up getting new wheels so I can dump some 295's on them.