: What model cadillac is this?

ocjmakaveli
03-01-06, 03:41 PM
I saw this car online and it's the FIRST four door convertible I've ever seen I didn't know any four doors existed like this one. Never mind the wheels or colors on the car but I think a car like this has tremendous potential.

I've always looked for a four door caddy convertible that didn't have horrible pillars like the vw beetles have YUCK!:bigroll:

1998Deville
03-01-06, 03:56 PM
I saw this car online and it's the FIRST four door convertible I've ever seen I didn't know any four doors existed like this one. Never mind the wheels or colors on the car but I think a car like this has tremendous potential.

I've always looked for a four door caddy convertible that didn't have horrible pillars like the vw beetles have YUCK!:bigroll:

I am guessing that it was probably a 4 door hard top, maybe a fleetwood? With a custom convertible top??:confused:

pimpin88
03-01-06, 05:26 PM
i am going to guess an early 90's fleetwood brougham because of the front clip. although they could have taken an 80's brougham and put the 90's clip on it.

but its a brougham

CoupeDevilleRob
03-01-06, 05:31 PM
That's a 90-92 Brougham, convertible conversion by Sawz-all. What an awful job they did, the front few inches of the roof is still there, as are the front part of the door frames, where they meet the A-pillar. That convertible top looks pretty bootleg too. It should be a crime what they did to that car.

Unfortunately Cadillac never made a four door convertible. The last real Caddy convertible was the 1976 Eldorado. The 84-85 Eldorados were factory sanctioned ASC conversions. A number of companies did Coupe Deville conversions, Hess & Eisenhardt comes to mind. There is a conversion based on newer Devilles, but they have that basket handle you mentioned you don't like.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-01-06, 05:46 PM
If done right, that would be pretty cool

That though, is a waste

CoupeDevilleRob
03-01-06, 05:49 PM
A day or two ago someone posted of a picture of a 90's Brougham convertible that looked really nice. Installing rear suicide doors would be even cooler. But yeah, that car is an automotive tragedy.

DoctorWEJ
03-01-06, 11:06 PM
They make alot of these Cadillac convertible conversions in California and Florida. Personally, I don't think the car looks that bad. Of course, the rims don't help the car. I don't like 20s, 22s, or anything else on Caddies. As far as the conversion, it could be a little better. I really can't see the A-pillar door slabs leftover but I do see the remainder of the roof left on. I believe that the convertible top does retract further but the photographer didn't take the picture when it was fully down.

A couple of years ago, I saw a 1978 Cadillac De Ville with the convertible conversion in California. It was sharp.

lecabz
03-04-06, 09:34 PM
yea the top could of been a lil better but hey............................................... ... an a for the effort but did they reinforce the frame ? hope it dont bend in the middle

SL1CK
03-05-06, 11:53 AM
Check this one out:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/slick07/TexasCaddy.jpg