: SoCal, Home to Mickey and Minnie

SoCadillac
03-01-06, 03:42 PM
Took my CTS in for several TSBís also had the battery cover inspected as it is falling apart on all sides. Thought it might be the battery leaking, but was surprised when I received a call informing that the cover had been eaten away by mice who had started a nest. WTF! Let me say that again--WTF! It appears that SoCal is having Cadillacs show at dealerships with battery covers being a favorite among the little bastards. Now, this all seems funny, and it is, until you learn of the other dubious shenanigans these twits do. I was away for about three months and when I arrived home I decided to take out one of my rides. Something was a bit wrong, and I couldnít put my finger on it, so I started looking in the engine bay (which I pride myself on keeping well detailed) and didn't see anything. Took the automobile for a longer ride and the engine was not up to snuff, so I returned home and took off the engine cover. Well, Mickey and Minnie had setup home under the cover and had decided to gnaw on a wiring harness (I guess because they have no internet connection, to waste endless hours posting on forum threads, they simply jacked my wiring harness). Funny again, yes, Iím laughing all over the place until you see the damage they can do. But, the best incident is one I read on a motorcycle forum I am member on about a year ago. A fellow motorcycle enthusiast decided winter had gone, and it was safe enough to take a ride. He tried to start his motorcycle, and it was hesitant (something it had never done before), but it started and idled a bit rough, until BOOM!!! Out the tailpipes, came two long balls of flaming fire that immediately shot into his workbench area, catching his garage and shop area on fire! The insurance claim was close to $30K (thatís right $30K). It seems field mice had packed his exhaust system with goodies to tide them over the winter season.

When I get my hands on Mickey and Minnie; it will be mayhem! I guess I should soak my battery cover in arsenic?

P.S. I posted on the CTS and CTS-V forums as the information is an FYI.

GAGS-V
03-02-06, 02:59 AM
I too had evidence of the M&M's. I had a local (car) mechanic tell me to spread the red hot chile peppers that come with your pizza (in the pack) around your engine bay and that will keep them away. So far, so good. Great story about the flaming balls, I thought at first it was the two M&M's:)!

heavymetals
03-02-06, 03:17 AM
An old co-worker of mine had a couple of squirrels build a nest in his hybrid.

He promptly ground one up when he started the car and it cooked itself on the exhaust, then caused the car to die.

He said the dealer was pretty impressed with the mess under the hood.

trukk
03-02-06, 11:21 AM
An old co-worker of mine had a couple of squirrels build a nest in his hybrid.

He promptly ground one up when he started the car and it cooked itself on the exhaust, then caused the car to die.

He said the dealer was pretty impressed with the mess under the hood.

LOL, yet another squirels under the hood of a hybrid post :D

This is the first one, however, that didn't cite them as a source of power generation.

-Chris