: I hate greedy dealers! They promised me 07 shelby gt 500 for msrp!

mnext02
03-01-06, 12:51 PM
They lied to me!!
now they are having a silent auction!
aholes

slk230mb
03-01-06, 01:09 PM
You have to get it in writing.

HotRodSaint
03-01-06, 01:11 PM

With cash down in advance.

Elvis
03-01-06, 01:13 PM

:yeah:

CIWS
03-01-06, 01:21 PM
With that being a brand new car model, limited production, and lot's of rich folks wanting one, I quite honestly would have been amazed if they had sold you one at MSRP this early in it's production life.

mnext02
03-01-06, 01:30 PM
i have it in writing in an email

Blackout
03-01-06, 05:54 PM
Seeing that the very first GT500 got auctioned off for over $600k I'm sure dealers realize that there is a big demand for the car and will most likely do the samething they did when the Ford GT came out and just do the silent auction to try and get the most money for the car. But no offense if the car MSRP's for $40k and they know for a fact they can get more if not much more then that for the car do you think they would really be worried about the guy wanting it for MSRP?

Elvis
03-01-06, 06:02 PM
i have it in writing in an email

If they used the term MSRP that's probably not binding.

If they gave you an actual dollar amount, that constitutes an offer. It probably would've also needed an expiration date, and the offer would've had to come from someone with that authority to be enforceable.

SpeedyArizona
03-01-06, 06:11 PM
I agree with Blackout, wait for a year or two before you try to purchase one for MSRP. Many people are willing to pay $50,000+ for this car, so you probably won't get one this early in the production run. In my opinion, they underpriced the new GT500 considering that the top-of-the-line Mustang is only a small amount below the GT500. I would've priced the new GT500 around $52,000 considering supply and demand for this vehicle.

Aren't you the one that wanted the Corvette Z06 for MSRP? I guess you gave up on that dream and wanted to get something more reasonably priced.

Elvis
03-01-06, 06:20 PM
One more thing, for any offer like that to be binding it has to refer to a specific stock number or VIN.

Playdrv4me
03-01-06, 06:24 PM
Z06?

Jesda
03-01-06, 06:59 PM
Hey, look on the bright side:

Sandy
03-01-06, 07:14 PM
Unless you have in your possesion a written order, signed by the salesman and the manager and you gave money as a deposit and have a receipt for THAT money and the contract has a VIN on it or a stock # on it or an ASAP, with an appox. arrival/delivery date, Unless you had all of this, you had nothing. So, therefore, you lost nothing.

HotRodSaint
03-01-06, 09:08 PM
Hey, look on the bright side:

:histeric:

HotRodSaint
03-01-06, 09:09 PM
Unless you had all of this, you had nothing.

He's got an e-mail!! :thumbsup: :highfive: :bouncy:

Zorb750
03-02-06, 12:19 AM
I got screwed by a dealer about a 540i (used) kind of like that, but not. I made an offer of less than they wanted, he said they wanted more but would keep it in mind. It got to the 30 day mark and it was their policy to move used cars more or less ASAP after 30 days. He tells me I can have it for the price, I go down put down a deposit, it was going to take about a week to get something fixed on the car (part back ordered), so we were going to straighten everything out then, but had an agreed amount and all.

I had to go out of town for work, they knew that, said no problem. I got home 6 days later, went to dealer, they gave me my money back and some idiotic line saying that since I hadn't been credit approved he wasn't sure if I could have come up with the money, so they supposedly sent it to the auction (no idea if true). First of all, I was buying the car cash, and I don't submit to credit checks at all if I don't plan to finance that. Second, $2000 cash is a decent deposit I think. Third... I made just over $80K per year when I was 20 (when it happened). That's more than enough to afford $27K for a car.

The bottom line was that dealers don't honor contracts. They don't take anyone seriously, especially cash customers or prearranged deals. I should have sued, but didn't. I will NEVER go to Bavarian Motor Village again. They can go get screwed sideways with screwdriver.

SpeedyArizona
03-02-06, 12:45 AM
The bottom line was that dealers don't honor contracts. They don't take anyone seriously, especially cash customers or prearranged deals. I should have sued, but didn't. I will NEVER go to Bavarian Motor Village again. They can go get screwed sideways with screwdriver.

Most dealers don't honor verbal contracts such as the one you made. Contracts need to be written and signed by both parties before the agreement becomes legally binding. It's impossible to sue someone over an unwritten contract. Dealer's don't particularly care for cash customers because they make no extra money off of you, they want somebody to finance a car through them so they make 8% (or whatever it is) interest. Bad bit of luck, but it's their loss, not yours.

Sandy
03-02-06, 09:44 AM
:yeah:

When I sold cars, I can tell you that every month I'd say that I had in excess of 100 people who said, "I'll be back tonight after dinner with the wife and leave you a deposit" and they were never to to be seen or heard from again!

"I'll be back" (or as we called them "Bee Backs") were forgotten the moment they left. It happens because so many people lie and tell 'ya that, that after your first month selling cars you have allready learned that you have nothing until the credit card, cash or checkbook appears.

If you really gave them $2,000 deposit on a car, and an order was written, then they did you wrong. They could have received a credit OK while you were gone. Getting an okay (approval) does not START the ball rolling.

If your facts are correct, I'd say they sold you out as they got a better deal.

(Sorta like most customers do to dealers after leaving a $50.00 deposit on a car & then finding the same car elsewhere for $ 400 less.......)

PAW 47
03-02-06, 10:07 AM
I remember when the Lotus Elise came out. People were paying over MSRP and waiting months for them. People were selling there spots in line on e-bay to get these cars.

Get on the list and get off your wallet, it will be the only way to get one. And I really doubt you'll pay MSRP for a limited production car..