: Differential Cooler

SoCadillac
03-01-06, 11:26 AM
A thread was started not long ago about GM's Secret CTS-V parts and here is a response from James:

Part available from vendor - List price $1,239.00
PN 25534463 Rear Differential Cooler Kit

It is interesting to note in the April 2006 issue of Road & Track, page 84, there is a picture of a STS'V's rear-end taken from a low angle, and its caption reads:

"With the STS'V's traction control switched off, it's easy to light up the rear tires. Note the heavily-finned differential cooler, an expensive dealer installed option that's wise to have in a car with 439 lb.-ft. of torque. Strong 6-bolt hubs and big Brembo brakes set the V apart."

This road test is of the 2006 STS-V. And the picture shows a huge rack (nice looking rack) of fins.

c5racr1
03-01-06, 09:26 PM
I think the article is refering to the aluminum fins on the stock diff. the rear end cooler for 1200 bux is a kit with two lines a pump and a heat exchanger, two different things.

lasstss
03-01-06, 09:52 PM
I have the parts for a diff cooler if anyone is interested.
$300. You just need the flex lines made.

SoCadillac
03-01-06, 10:11 PM
I think the article is refering to the aluminum fins on the stock diff. the rear end cooler for 1200 bux is a kit with two lines a pump and a heat exchanger, two different things.
Here's the pic from the magazine. It wasn't good in the magazine either, so hopefully it comes across well. What you see is the oil cooler guard that must be similar to a stone-guard.

c5racr1
03-01-06, 10:23 PM
could you send the info on the diff cooler to me very interested.
Morrell276@aol.com

austin
03-02-06, 04:08 PM
What the heck' do you get for 1,200+ Dollars!!

Does the kit include a new H.D. rear cover w/fittings for a cooler?

Could someone post a better photo please.

trukk
03-02-06, 04:36 PM

Here is an early prototype pic I found. i don't think Reed has this one yet on Cadillaq Faq (slacker)

Note the green color. I think the production model is pink.

-Chris

lasstss
03-02-06, 07:42 PM
Is that a Coleman...good brand, large capacity.:eek:

StealthV
03-02-06, 08:41 PM
A green color baked enamel diff cooler is ok.

For something worthy of the V....

54 quarts of stainless steel. Dude, that's THE Coleman.

http://www.cooler-store.com/images_products/coleman_steel_cooler_54qt_silver_b103.jpg

Dreamin
03-02-06, 09:10 PM
:histeric: :histeric:

...another thread way off in the weeds...

DaveBlk
03-02-06, 09:16 PM
Frick Thet's Hallllllaaaarrrrious:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

StealthV
03-02-06, 09:26 PM
Reed needs to put the diff cooler pic in the FAQ.

And then send the link in an email to his GM contacts saying we V owners self-engineerend the diff solution on our own for $39.99 and would like GM to either refund the money for our coolers or send us all ones with V logos...black and stainless....drool

BeagleBrains
03-02-06, 09:32 PM

I don't get the fact that this is not an option for the CTS V. I have owned a couple of Corvettes. The Z51 package option includes coolers.
Cost? I payed above $800.00 for a prelube system on my Jeep Straight Six engine. Oil cooler and remote custom filter (10 micron media) $450.00.
The suggested $1200 some dollars is not out of line. I have been checking out a nice AMSOIL prelube unit at above $300.00 plus installation components. Best buy I have ever considered.
Back to my first question; why doesn't Cadillac have a Z51 option that is actually already built (For the Corvette original application) for our engine/drive line?:banghead:

trukk
03-03-06, 04:04 PM
Here is an early prototype pic I found. i don't think Reed has this one yet on Cadillaq Faq (slacker)

Note the green color. I think the production model is pink.

-Chris

OK I'm busted, this was a photchop. What gives it away? The differential is from a Ford Model-T, obviously WAY more advanced than our Getrag model.

-Chris

[Look at the pic, it really is a Model-T]

darvish
03-08-06, 03:52 PM
At work we get livers and hearts for transplant shipped in IGLOO coolers. change that low tech coleman for an IGLOO and I'm in.

By the way.. VERY funny post, Good work.

Bill
St Louis

trukk
03-08-06, 07:12 PM
...change that low tech coleman for an IGLOO and I'm in.

Heh, the only reason I went Coleman, is when I was a kid, I used to go camping with my Dad all the time, and we had this busted up old Green Coleman metal cooler. Wherever it got scratched it was all rusty.

That image really seemed to fit with our rear ends :D

The Igloo would be far to practical, and would probabaly actually work.

-Chris