: Motorcycle Hauling

cburand
03-01-06, 01:53 AM
I am looking to ride my bike 250 miles up to New York this weekend and pick up an 04 EXT. The plan is to put the bike in the back of the truck and drive back home, if the deal is as good as advertised. I have a couple of concerns before riding 250 miles. (the dealer has a lift that can get the bike up in the truck)

Does the EXT have front tie downs on the front corner of the bed? Strong enough to ratchet down, and compress the front forks of a 500lb bike.

Has anyone hauled a bike in the back (it is a sportbike)? The grooves in the floor bed look high enough to keep the front wheel from slipping to the sides but have not had the bed off of one to really look. Y/N

The bike will take up about 6ft of floor space, I am guessing the tail gate will not close but the bike should fit....right?

Any input would be great, thanks

Spittin Game
03-01-06, 01:56 AM
what sportbike weighs 500 lbs?

cburand
03-01-06, 02:13 AM
Ok, Technically it is not a full on sport bike it is a Honda VFR 800 Interceptor.

Spittin Game
03-01-06, 02:18 AM
Cool. Ive had gixxers, so I was just wondering.

Anyways, Ive known people that have hauled R1's in the back of EXT's. So I dont see why you would have a prob. They did have to leave the gate down though. As for the tie downs, Im not sure tho, but I would think they were there just from the people Ive known that hauled their R1's around.

cburand
03-01-06, 02:28 AM
Thanks. Here is a pic of the bike. It has almost the same riding position as a busa.

Spittin Game
03-01-06, 02:35 AM
Very nice. You got the comfort of a tourer with performance of sport. I dont see why you would have a prob hauling, but I could be wrong. Im sure someone that owns one and uses it for that will chime in. Im just going off of what Ive seen. But post pics of the Lade when you get it!

Sta11ion
03-01-06, 03:36 AM
i HAVE A DUCATI 999R NO PROBLEM TIES AT 8 POINT LOWER AND HIG ALL FOR CORNERS NO PROBLEM KEEP THE TRUCK RUNNING WITH THE RAMPS CIAO

yellowlude2nv
03-01-06, 04:13 AM
i have a new r 1 and i tie it down to the 2 front loops and i have had no problems @ all

Synergetic
03-01-06, 07:15 AM
I'm sure it will work fine.
Good luck with the EXT deal and have a safe ride.

jrs05caddyext
03-01-06, 10:25 AM
I believe there are two loops up front and two in the rear. If you need more room up front just open up your midgate and that will give you more room for the front tire. Good luck on you purchase....

cburand
03-01-06, 10:44 AM
Thanks to everyone for their feedbackl, it sounds like it will fit and most important the tie downs are there to hold the bike in place.

slk230mb
03-01-06, 12:07 PM
What dealership in New York are you dealing with?

cburand
03-01-06, 05:14 PM
Lynbrook Cadillac, about 10 miles from JFK. I got them down to a decent price on a 04 with the certification that gives you the 100K/6 Year warrentee. Hopfully it is as advertised when I see it. Already have a deposit on it so, know it is not going anywhere till I get there, unless some sucker pays more for it. Hopefully they are a decent dealer, so far so good. It is hard to find low milage 03/04 certified white EXTs for a resonable price.

slk230mb
03-01-06, 09:13 PM
Lynbrook Cadillac, about 10 miles from JFK. I got them down to a decent price on a 04 with the certification that gives you the 100K/6 Year warrentee. Hopfully it is as advertised when I see it. Already have a deposit on it so, know it is not going anywhere till I get there, unless some sucker pays more for it. Hopefully they are a decent dealer, so far so good. It is hard to find low milage 03/04 certified white EXTs for a resonable price.

I've heard of them, but never dealt with them.

Stuntless
03-02-06, 02:10 PM
How are you going to get it into the truck? Just have four guys lift it?

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-02-06, 02:37 PM
The plan is to put the bike in the back of the truck and drive back home, if the deal is as good as advertised. I have a couple of concerns before riding 250 miles. (the dealer has a lift that can get the bike up in the truck)

Stuntless, here's an answer to your question. The last part of the quote above states that the dealer has a lift to get the bike up on the truck.

Thanks.

8ball
03-08-06, 06:32 PM
I've put mine in the back pleanty of times, no problems!